As the title says, I wiped my phone today and re-installed OS .862. Everything is working perfectly except for the GPS.

At first I opened Google Maps and couldn't find my location so I went into Options > GPS and tried to refresh and got a message saying "Timed out".

Went into Options > Status > T E S T > GPS > Fix and also got "Timed out" message.

Tried re-sending service books and also tried a battery pull and nothing worked.

Just to specify, I tried all this while being outside. Also, each time I tried this I waited until I got a negative response, so I did give it enough time.

Please HELP !!!
    10-11-10 07:09 PM
    Was GPS working before you wiped the phone?
    Have you tried BB Maps and selected Start GPS navigation?
    Did you do all of this *outside* of your home (including the tests)?

If none of this works outside, then take it in for a warranty replacement or repair.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 07:24 PM
    Was GPS working before you wiped the phone?
    Have you tried BB Maps and selected Start GPS navigation?
    Did you do all of this *outside* of your home (including the tests)?

If none of this works outside, then take it in for a warranty replacement or repair.

GPS always worked fine before the wipe. Don't have BB Maps but have tried it in Google Maps and doesn't work. Tried ALL of the above from OUTSIDE me house.

10-11-10 07:27 PM
    GPS always worked fine before the wipe. Don't have BB Maps but have tried it in Google Maps and doesn't work. Tried ALL of the above from OUTSIDE me house.

Checkpoint: You already have a blackberry data plan right? When you wiped, did you uncheck BB Maps by mistake? Re-add it in Application Loader in Desktop manager.

Last resort: Also, you could once you arrive at the carrier's store, ask why maps isn't on the device.

10-11-10 07:33 PM
    Checkpoint: You already have a blackberry data plan right? When you wiped, did you uncheck BB Maps by mistake? Re-add it in Application Loader in Desktop manager.

Last resort: Also, you could once you arrive at the carrier's store, ask why maps isn't on the device.

I do have a data plan. I didn't uncheck BB Maps, just didn't check it. Do I really need BB Maps although I will only be using Google Maps ??
    10-11-10 07:36 PM
    I do have a data plan. I didn't uncheck BB Maps, just didn't check it. Do I really need BB Maps although I will only be using Google Maps ??
    BB Maps is essential besides google maps, it doesn't hog the battery and halts GPS navigation when not in use (hitting the back button stops it to save the battery)

10-11-10 07:38 PM
    BB Maps is essential besides google maps, it doesn't hog the battery and halts GPS navigation when not in use (hitting the back button stops it to save the battery)

Wow! Ok thank you so much for your help! I will install BB Maps and try again!! Will update soon...Thank you so much again! Hope this works...
    10-11-10 07:39 PM
    It works !!! Thank you so much for your help...
    10-11-10 07:48 PM
    No problem

10-11-10 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD