I currently have a loaner BB 9700, after leaving the store (picked up loaner, sent my BB away for warranty) I started getting emails from a previous user of the phone. As well the previous person's facebook was still logged in, etc.

So I went home, googled how to do a wipe (did a "security wipe" from under the security menu, phone went through a wiping process and then restarted)

But........ I'm still getting the previous persons emails...
    How do i remove this persons email? I don't want to set up my email accounts if I'm not able to remove them after...

Bold 9700 6.0 Bundle 2718 (v6.0.0.615, platform 6.6.0.233)
    05-11-13 11:52 AM
    Are you sure you did a proper wipe?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:53 AM
    Are you sure you did a proper wipe?

Posted via CB10
    A white screen came up and a loading bar (cant remember what the words said) went across the screen for a few minutes, then it did a full restart (as if battery pull).
    Had to do a "diagnostic" to make the phone connect to the network again after.
    05-11-13 12:05 PM
    I had that happen a while back on a 9000 that I got from a friend. It was nuked and I had to reload the latest software. Once I got it working, the phone started getting emails to a Rogers BIS email that was setup on the phone previously . I called Rogers, gave them the PIN and they deleted the account from their servers.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:06 PM
    I had that happen a while back on a 9000 that I got from a friend. It was nuked and I had to reload the latest software. Once I got it working, the phone started getting emails to a Rogers BIS email that was setup on the phone previously . I called Rogers, gave them the PIN and they deleted the account from their servers.

Posted via CB10
    Ok this makes some sense. Where do I find the PIN?
    What exactly am I asking them to do, "Release blackberry BIS PIN from their network?

I'm not really sure what I'm asking for so would like to clarify before I get someone from a call center who has no idea what I'm talking about.

Likewise the phone is from virgin mobile, but its unlocked (I'm using it on Bell) any way of knowing which provider to call? Or just a random crap shoot?
    Are they able to search and check that my loaners PIN is on their network?

Thanks for the help!
    05-15-13 08:48 PM
    I am not sure, but you should start by calling whatever carrier you are using it on.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-16-13 at 09:06 AM.
    05-15-13 08:52 PM