I have a curve 8310 and I want to wipe it so that I can take my company's IT policy off. When I got the device I was able to add any aplications I wanted but once I sync'ed with my desktop for the first time I was unable to load third party aps. the ones I had installed were still there but I couldn't add any more. is there a way I can wipe it along with my IT policy, load what I want and then re sync? I know the 'Wipe Handheld' option in security settings does close to this but I cannot get the IT policy off....
    03-19-08 05:10 AM
    maybe you should try the administrators forum down below, most of us are clueless about bes, we all have bis
    good luck
    03-19-08 05:25 AM
    If you want to wipe your phone go to options>security options>general options>menu button wipe handheld.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 06:15 AM
    You can put someone else's sim into your berry and get the programs. If the wipe handheld doesn't work, try googling "JL_CMDR". If I were home, I would give you the direct link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 06:25 AM
    I have a curve 8310 and I want to wipe it so that I can take my company's IT policy off....
    Unless you are the CEO, you had better clear it with your company first. You may be risking dismal over removal of IT policy.

There are very good reasons for imposing policy restrictions. The first generation of hacking tools have appeared. A nightmare scenario would be allowing employees to install Apps, only to allow a Trojan into the system. If that were to happen and confidential information is leaked out, it could cause harm to the company.

Wiping the device will not help, policies remain. If your company agrees to cooperate, they can remove policy through the BES control panel.
    03-19-08 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD