An official 10.2 finally surfaced last week in the Phillipines. BB announced today that it will begin rolling out this week. In the schedule, it says that the US is not scheduled to receive an official 10.2 until winter. Not earlly, middle, or late winter. Just winter!

I understand that carriers need to test an OS before they allow it to be pushed to their customers. But once again, the rest of the world will have been delivered 10.2 by their carriers and the US will have to wait until winter.

Being a Sprint customer, I had to wait until August 30th to buy my Qued 10 while everyone else had theirs for months. I understand that there are carrier-specific issues that need to be addressed on a carrier-by-carrier basis. But the non-US carriers get it released weeks and even months before the US carriers even mention it.

This is ridiculous! My question is who hates who?
    10-23-13 10:21 AM
    It's a recurring question, as old as the hills. I wish we could get our updates sooner. Canada is getting the update today, I hope we're soon after.

There are always leaks you can load. and then hang out in rehab....:rotfl

just teasing you, love....
    MarsupilamiX, louzer and kbz1960 like this.
    10-23-13 10:24 AM
    Having dealt with the OS update issues from BlackBerry since the Pearl 8100 I really wish they would take a page from Apple and Android and create the OS, test it themselves and then make it available to the users independent of the carriers. There is to my mind no logical reason for them to continue making updates available in this fashion.
    kbz1960, wing2299 and louzer like this.
    10-23-13 10:26 AM
    Having dealt with the OS update issues from BlackBerry since the Pearl 8100 I really wish they would take a page from Apple and Android and create the OS, test it themselves and then make it available to the users independent of the carriers. There is to my mind no logical reason for them to continue making updates available in this fashion.
    Android is dependent on carriers. It's just apple who gets special treatment

Posted from my Z10
    amazinglygraceless and louzer like this.
    10-23-13 10:30 AM
    If America hates BlackBerry, as has been widely and accurately proven on these forums, then BlackBerry has every right in the world, to hate them as well.
    Therefore they show it to the US, by delaying every update, every single time!

That's what I call, a dish best served cold.

Posted via CB10
    louzer, middbrew and kbz1960 like this.
    10-23-13 10:30 AM
    Android is dependent on carriers. It's just apple who gets special treatment
    Thanks for that. I stand corrected
    louzer likes this.
    10-23-13 10:38 AM
    Revenge, eh. That'll work real great at getting new, continued users
    revtech, 93Aero, LP_Rigg and 4 others like this.
    10-23-13 10:38 AM
    If America hates BlackBerry, as has been widely and accurately proven on these forums, then BlackBerry has every right in the world, to hate them as well.

...and for BlackBerry that dish will be this...but hey, they stood on principle right?

Winter?  Why no love between BB and US Carriers-eating20crow.jpg
    10-23-13 10:41 AM
    Thanks for that. I stand corrected
    I'm not sure if I prefer you not being right, or PlayBookster being wrong....

Android is dependent on carriers. It's just apple who gets special treatment.
    Posted from my Z10
    Yes and no.
    Android, if you have a Nexus, is completely independent from your carrier.

On the other hand, we also saw the trend of Google trying to sidestep carriers, rather successfully.
    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...gging-android/

In the end, I eventually prefer PlayBookster being wrong.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and louzer like this.
    10-23-13 10:42 AM
    everyone else is already getting or will be getting it very soon.... but the US....this is a recording

Clearly this is an issue with US carriers, not BB. Perhaps the folks on here spending energy creating threads like this, should be E-mailing their carriers or taking to twitter with them. Direct your frustration at them. Its also them that where late to offer and failed to push Blackberry when it launched...again because of their needless delays

Once again...repeat after me ....."this is a US Carrier issue, and not Blackberry's"
    LP_Rigg and louzer like this.
    10-23-13 10:49 AM

Yes and no.
    On balance he is essentially correct (except for one device?) and I am essentially wrong (made blanket statement)
    louzer likes this.
    10-23-13 10:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    wow revenge to your own customers....nice job

/s
    10-23-13 10:52 AM
    Yes and no.

On the other hand, we also saw the trend of Google trying to sidestep carriers, rather successfully.
    Balky carriers and slow OEMs step aside: Google is defragging Android | Ars Technica

In the end, I eventually prefer PlayBookster being wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Google is side stepping the carriers with updates of app features and not the O/S. The O/S is still dependent on carries.
    louzer likes this.
    10-23-13 10:53 AM
    It's a recurring question, as old as the hills. I wish we could get our updates sooner. Canada is getting the update today, I hope we're soon after.

There are always leaks you can load. and then hang out in rehab....:rotfl

just teasing you, love....
    I know the question is old, but it's as of yet not clear. I intentionally am sticking with the stock 10.1 that my phone came with since it's my daily driver and I've read about data loss with installing some of the leaks. I can't afford to lose my data since my phone is my daily driver. So I'm stuck on 10.1 until BB, Sprint, or both decide that 10.2 is ready for me.

I generally hang out in rehab (as you know) anyway. The 5000 thread was a great way to pantlessly pass the time while waiting for BB10. It will have to suffice for waiting for 10.2. I just hope it doesn't turn into the 500K Challenge!
    MarsupilamiX and kbz1960 like this.
    10-23-13 11:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Revenge, eh. That'll work real great at getting new, continued users
    No one wins, but the carriers stand to lose the least. They'll still sell phones.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-23-13 11:06 AM
    ...and for BlackBerry that dish will be this...but hey, they stood on principle right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eating20crow.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	213214
    10-23-13 11:09 AM
    everyone else is already getting or will be getting it very soon.... but the US....this is a recording

Clearly this is an issue with US carriers, not BB. Perhaps the folks on here spending energy creating threads like this, should be E-mailing their carriers or taking to twitter with them. Direct your frustration at them. Its also them that where late to offer and failed to push Blackberry when it launched...again because of their needless delays

Once again...repeat after me ....."this is a US Carrier issue, and not Blackberry's"
    After waiting a few months due to the delay in the Q10 launch for Sprint, it wasn't clear at all who was at fault for the delay. I spoke with both Sprint and BlackBerry many times prior to the launch and Sprint held firm that they were waiting to receive the devices in order to launch them. Unlike the rest of the world, BB has CDMA to contend with for Verizon, Sprint, and MVOs. It's not a one-phone-fits-all scenario. But, having said that, how is Samsung able to coordinate a global launch (taking the variant CDMA carriers into account) and BlackBerry is not?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-23-13 11:14 AM
    I would be waiting until the end of November anyway due to contract and my carrier has not 1 bb10 phone and probably won't so if I do get one I'll have to change carriers. If I were able to get one before that it would still p me off first to be the last ones its available for and second the updates take forever to come thru which may have me making a switch of devices instead of carriers.

Keep moving my rear end.
    10-23-13 11:19 AM
    An official 10.2 finally surfaced last week in the Phillipines. BB announced today that it will begin rolling out this week. In the schedule, it says that the US is not scheduled to receive an official 10.2 until winter. Not earlly, middle, or late winter. Just winter!

I understand that carriers need to test an OS before they allow it to be pushed to their customers. But once again, the rest of the world will have been delivered 10.2 by their carriers and the US will have to wait until winter.

Being a Sprint customer, I had to wait until August 30th to buy my Qued 10 while everyone else had theirs for months. I understand that there are carrier-specific issues that need to be addressed on a carrier-by-carrier basis. But the non-US carriers get it released weeks and even months before the US carriers even mention it.

This is ridiculous! My question is who hates who?
    They can do like them then
    Microsoft bypasses carriers to deliver early Windows Phone updates | The Verge
    10-23-13 11:29 AM
    BlackBerry know how long carrier testing takes in the U.S.. Good Lord they have done this before.

They simply choose to not to wait.
    Letting it fly wherever, whenever.

They have lost any pull they might have had with the carriers. Many of whom are questioning selling any more BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    10-23-13 11:34 AM
    The problem is the potential for voiding your warranty. At least with leaks, we don't void the warranty. Plus, it doesn't sound like MS has all of the kinks worked out yet.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-23-13 11:49 AM
    That is only for developers who want to pay money. BB10 developers can get access to updates for free. I had a developer version of 10.2 a couple of months ago.
    10-23-13 11:49 AM
    I'm not going to pay a premium to bypass the carrier. Luckily I live in a country where the carriers, although crooks, push updates as quickly as possible. Also, we have leaks so if you really want to mess with "preview" updates to a BB10 device you could without paying a dime for it. Well except STL-100-1. Lol. If BlackBerry charged for it nobody would bite.
    10-23-13 11:52 AM
    I know the question is old, but it's as of yet not clear. I intentionally am sticking with the stock 10.1 that my phone came with since it's my daily driver and I've read about data loss with installing some of the leaks. I can't afford to lose my data since my phone is my daily driver. So I'm stuck on 10.1 until BB, Sprint, or both decide that 10.2 is ready for me.

I generally hang out in rehab (as you know) anyway. The 5000 thread was a great way to pantlessly pass the time while waiting for BB10. It will have to suffice for waiting for 10.2. I just hope it doesn't turn into the 500K Challenge!
    The roll out is 10.2.0.1791 which is the same as the one that was leaked. I have been running the leaked version without any issues. The one released by the carriers is no different

You can use sachesi to extract the individual files from whatever carrier that has deployed it and load those as well if you are not comfortable in installing a "leak"
    10-23-13 11:55 AM
    I understand the frustration with the OS updates in the states. Instead of beating BlackBerry down, call the wireless vendors relations line.I use to work for a wireless carrier as a cell tech. I can tell you there is a lot of red tape in testing new services. there needs to be some streaming in testing. God knows they could use a Six Sigma Lean exercise. So lets put the focus where the critical path is.... the carriers. .

Now, on the flip side....when did the carriers get the code to test? Could BlackBerry have delivered it sooner knowing that teh US carriers have a longer testing cycle?
    10-23-13 12:03 PM
38 12