So... I have a Vista machine and it comes with Windows Contacts which merges with the email program pretty well.

I also have an 8130 that I would give a kidney to if I had to.

My request is to figure out a way to have the Blackberry sync with windows contacts. I just can't figure out why this wouldn't work other then Microsoft and their evil doings.

anyone have any suggestions for me? I dont have office nor do i want to pay for it. Well i have office 2003 but dont like it... prefer office 2007 but am not paying that much for it when 2003 works just fine (and my computer is new, i just had an old copy of 03)

Thanks!
    03-18-08 09:08 AM
    When you tried to synchronize, did you click on 'Synchronize > Configuration > Configure Synchronization? At that point, there should be another window that opens that gives you four choices. Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book (mine says Outlook Express even though I use Windows Mail on Vista), and Tasks. Put a check mark in the box corresponding with your given choice of what you want to synchronize.
    03-18-08 09:14 AM
    When you tried to synchronize, did you click on 'Synchronize > Configuration > Configure Synchronization? At that point, there should be another window that opens that gives you four choices. Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book (mine says Outlook Express even though I use Windows Mail on Vista), and Tasks. Put a check mark in the box corresponding with your given choice of what you want to synchronize.
    you mean for BB desktop right? I'll check it now - i dont believe it was an option.
    03-18-08 09:23 AM
    Alright did that and Windows Contact and Windows Mail are not options under the address book option
    Last edited by Guzman; 03-18-08 at 09:37 AM. Reason: subscribe to thread
    03-18-08 09:27 AM
    I've seen some other posts in which folks have mentioned that synchronization does not work with the Windows Contacts (and Mail, I think) applications that come with Vista. I don't know if that's a BB DM limitation or Microsoft. In any event, that probably means there is no conduit built that allows each to speak to the other, therefore you might be out of luck.

Stressing: I don't know for sure.
    03-18-08 10:58 AM
    Alright well that stinks...

I really hope i dont end up installing lame office 03.

Anyone wanna give me a freebie 07 version lol
    03-18-08 11:02 AM
    I would do some searches of the forum for Vista and contacts. You might find some more information that could be useful, including a definitive answer on whether you really can synchronize.
    03-18-08 12:32 PM
    Thanks for your help
    03-18-08 12:48 PM
    No problem, though I don't think it was much! Hopefully you will find something elsewhere here in the forums that will give you "the" answer!
    03-18-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD