06-16-10 12:12 PM
53 123
tools
    no word as of yet. I still haven't gotten it to work and I think I updated the drivers like it was suggested. Please let me know if you hear of anything that might work.
    07-02-08 02:11 AM
    Same problems as everyone else. Interestingly, I had a 8830 connected with the older version of the desktop software on the same PC and it worked fine.
    07-03-08 07:24 AM
    Hi all,
    I tried Cole's fix here but am getting a (code 39) when i try to get the drivers. I uncheck the the "show compatible hardware". I go through the list and RIM or Research in Motion is not listed at all. My modem is in the other column as "standard modem" and lt's signed. I go ahead and hit next w/o selecting a manufacturer it gives me the code 39 saying that "windows found driver software for your device but encountered and error while attempting to install it. Windows cannot load the device driver for this software the driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). I have a total of three exclamation points in my device manager... one is over my "standard modem", the other two are on "RIM virtual serial port v2 (com5) and the same for com6. Com4 is fine "standard serial over bluetooth link". Can anyone help me apart from nuking the system and starting over??

Brett
    07-30-08 02:45 PM
    I had blackberry curve earlier on that worked also. I had to take that oone back. I have this new one and it won't tether at all.
    07-30-08 02:47 PM
    the drivers for rims devices ar in the DTM they have thusb driver im amazed they havn't made BT drivers thats what ot is rim dosn't have any i Just wish they woul"officially" make a dtm for linux distros

the BB an a few choice games are the only things keepy tied to windows ATM
    08-03-08 04:22 AM
    here is a possible solution:

(1) make sure that you're OS on your BB is higher than v4.2.2.xx (this isn't always necessary, but ensures that the BB supports "Standard Modem over Bluetooth")

(2) Install "Standard Modem over Bluetooth" by doing the following:

1) Pair the BB with the computer
    2) Bring up the Bluetooth Devices window (Start -> bluetooth -> Bluetooth Devices)
    3) Go to the COM Ports tab and click Add
    4) Ensure Incoming is selected and click OK
    5) Go to the Devices tab, select your BB and click Properties
    6) Go to the Services tab, put a check next to Dial-up networking (DUN) and click OK
    7) Click OK again to get rid of the Bluetooth Devices window
    8) Check the Device Manager to ensure that it has installed
    08-05-08 05:24 PM
    Thanks for your info but it still did not solve my problem. I took all the steps you listed and then tried to send an mp3 to my BB and continue to get this error on my PC:

The file transfer could not be completed because the connection was lost. Make sure your Bluetooth radio is plugged in and the devices are within range of each other.

I am in my media app and click "receive" using bluetooth. Then use Bluetooth File Transfer to select the mp3 I want. PC says it is sending and BB says it is connected. It stays at 0% and then it asks me to choose a a location to save it to. I click save and then it says "transfer failed" while the status shows 100%

Any more ideas or solutions to this would be greatly appreciated. I know I can just us USB to tranfer mp3s and such but it irks me that my bluetooth is not functioning the way I would like it to.

Thanks!
    08-07-08 01:47 AM
    I figured out a way to use the 8830 as a bluetooth mode....

Go to the Toshiba website and download their XP/Vista Bluetooth Stack. I can't post URLs yet since I just joined, but do a google search.

**Warning** If you choose to install and use the Toshiba Bluetooth drivers, you will NOT be able to sync your blackberry with the desktop manager via Bluetooth, and will have to use a data cable to do so. Weigh out the pros and cons before proceeding.

Once installed, launch the Bluetooth Manager.

Select New Connection

I selected Express mode and it found my blackberry as a modemyour mileage may vary.

You will need to pair your blackberry to your laptop using whatever code you have chosen.

If you opted for custom mode instead of express earlier, you may get prompted to select your service.

If so, select Dial-up Networking, click Next, and use the default COM port.

Click Next when you get to Advanced Modem Settings

When you create a dial-up connection, input the following information:
    1. Create a name for your connection
    2. The telephone number will be set to #777
    3. Username will be yournumber@vzw3g.vom
    4. The password is: vzw

Once finished, you will see your new dial-up connection under your network connections. Right-click, create a shortcut to your desktop.

Before you dial up, click Properties, and select your new modem entry.

I noticed it wasnt set to the maximum speed available. I set mine as high as it could go, in this case, 921,600bps.

My average download and upload speed so far has been around 330kbps/125kbps.
    10-01-08 03:51 PM
    Just wanted to thank the contributors on this thread. Between here and

View Document

I was able to get bluetooth syncing. I really like this since I had a number of USB ports go bad due to wear and tear.

One BIG question is there a way to transfer files via bluetooth?? Using the BB Desktop Mgr., that option is grayed out and using Windows explorer, my computer does not see the Curve??
    Last edited by chucks9999; 12-17-08 at 08:04 AM.
    12-17-08 07:58 AM
    Hello,

I have found a solution.

I have a Curve 8330 through Sprint

I have Windows Vista x64 edition with bluetooth internal on my Toshiba Qosmio x305-q701

I use version 4.7 on my laptop for the Desktop and Device Managers.

Here is what I did.

I had the laptop discover the blackberry and everything connects fine until I get 2 Blackberry Peripheral Devices showing up in the Device Manager and asking for drivers. At this time, I have not been able to find drivers, so I just tell it to not ask again, however, I do not disable them.

Now, follow the instructions below: (Please note I cannot post URLS, so please copy/paste the links and precede them with "https://www.")

Download and install the BlackBerry Device Manager ENG (DM4.7 B50)
    blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F 3BB068C22&dl=58AD46EEB9764DC9C78C1356AE90EA10

Download and install the Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 English - With Media Manager
    blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F 3BB068C22&dl=A13B910D65139AAB11D77DD285B4AE39

Make sure the Blackberry Device Manager is running and double click it in the taskbar.
    You will get a menu that has the Device Connection tab open.
    Check Turn on Bluetooth Options and click Configure Bluetooth.
    Add your Blackberry (follow the instructions)
    Make sure that it now shows up under Device Connection

Right click your network connection in the taskbar (looks like 2 monitors) and left click Connect to a Network.

Under Dial-Up and VPN Connections you should see a 3G or CDMA connection
    Right click it and left click properties
    Change the Connect Using to Standard Modem over Bluetooth
    Change the phone number to #777 (this is for sprint)

From here I can connect without any authentication, I get about 400k down speed. When I am tethered I can get around 1200k down speed.
    I have the Unlimited Everything Plan for $99

So now I can use the cellphone as a bluetooth modem, and it also syncs with the Desktop Manager.

Hope this helps. Remember, just ignore the windows peripheral devices.
    12-17-08 08:52 AM
    And I also have the same problem, each time my desktop application is run (Desktop Manager), Win Vista attempts to install 3 drivers. The sucessful one is a Standard Modem over Bluetooth link #3. The two that fail are identified as Bluetooth Peripheral Devices ... Can anyone help? Thanks, Michael
    12-19-08 07:03 PM
    Having the same problems here ...

I can use the sync features in Desktop Manager fine, but everytime I connect one of the blackberry's to my computer it asks for drivers from the CD that came with the phone.

No matter which CD I try to use, or where I tell Vista to look for the drivers, it does not seem able to find any.

I am running
    Vista Ultimate 64 bit
    Desktop Manager 4.7
    Blackberry Curve 8320 v4.50.81
    Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 v4.60.151

I end up with two entries in my device manager for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" for each blackberry - each of these listings has the Yellow Exclamation point. No matter how I try to update the drivers for these entries, they will not find the right driver.

If anyone has found a solution, I'm sure we would all appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.
    12-20-08 03:47 PM
    Device Manager - right click on the device with the exclamation mark, choose update drivers, choose browse computer, choose let me pick, hilight show all devices, click next. At this point it will build list of devices. When it finishes scroll down past Research in Motion and choose RIM Virtual Serial Port V2. Click next. It will install the driver. Do the same for the other device with the exclamation. Viola problem resolved.
    When completed you will probably show 4 RIM Virtual Serial ports in under the ports entry in device manager.

Having the same problems here ...

I can use the sync features in Desktop Manager fine, but everytime I connect one of the blackberry's to my computer it asks for drivers from the CD that came with the phone.

No matter which CD I try to use, or where I tell Vista to look for the drivers, it does not seem able to find any.

I am running
    Vista Ultimate 64 bit
    Desktop Manager 4.7
    Blackberry Curve 8320 v4.50.81
    Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 v4.60.151

I end up with two entries in my device manager for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" for each blackberry - each of these listings has the Yellow Exclamation point. No matter how I try to update the drivers for these entries, they will not find the right driver.

If anyone has found a solution, I'm sure we would all appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.
    12-24-08 11:00 PM
    The issue is clearly a RIM problem. I have a 8320 (t-mobile) and a dell 1420 with BT. The devices pair okay but when Vista tries to load the drivers, it can't find two of the three that are required.

Syncing will begin, but invariably fails half-way through. I've tried every conceivable combination of attempts, and the bottom line is that the bluetooth drivers for the RIM device are missing from Vista and RIM does not supply them.

I've spent the whole day, of many days, trying to get this to work, and it's clearly a problem with the absence of the appropriate drivers.

WHEN IS RIM GOING TO FIX THIS?
    12-30-08 09:07 PM
    What seems to have helped me synch via Bluetooth was downloading Vista SP2 Beta. I know Beta is not for everyone but one of the things it added was upgraded Bluetooth. This seems to have done the trick. However some areas are grayed out stating need to use USB to synch those things instead of Bluetooth.
    12-31-08 09:23 PM
    Jockos fix worked for me
    01-06-09 06:02 PM
    Not for Me...
    02-05-09 06:08 AM
    Sorry that it doesn't work for you. Be sure you followed the instructions to a T. Be sure you chose the RIM entry and not the Research in Motion. Not saying you did but worth checking to be sure.
    I've used this solution on several peoples computers that are running Vista and all have been successful.
    02-05-09 05:48 PM
    It works great thanks. Ensure you right click the device in question in the device manager then select properties. After that go to the driver tab and select update driver. That is the only way it will work. Also be sure to select 'all' when prompted with the list then give it a minute as it builds the list. Scroll down to RIM Virtual blah blah like Jocko mentions and go for it past the warnings. You will end up with 4 listed after you correct the 2 in question. Hope this helps his directions are spot on. Thanks again Jocko.
    02-22-09 05:46 PM
    IM having the same exact problem >_< arghh i tried jocko's fix as well as every other one i've seen online.. nothing works!!! i can't even seem to find the "file push" icon to drag files to transfer via bluetooth.. it's so much easier on XP?!
    02-28-09 01:21 AM
    Does anyone know where or how I can get a download of the bluetooth peripheral devices. I can't connect my bb because I don't have the drivers on windows vista. I have checked all the ways that were posted to see if I could update the driver, but I don't have the drivers at all so I need to download them. Please help.
    03-12-09 06:03 AM
    I am also facing same issue which is quite frustrating as no solution is available....BB should take some step to sort this out.
    03-18-09 10:27 AM
    Each sequences of steps assumes that you are starting from the main menu.

Pairing BlackBerry and Computer

On the BlackBerry
    1. Manage Connections -> Bluetooth Options -> Add Device
    2. Select your device from the list of available Bluetooth devices
    3. Enter the passkey

On the Computer
    1. Enter the passkey when the window pops up

Configure BlackBerry to Receive Files

On the BlackBerry
    1. Manage Connections -> Bluetooth Options -> Press the menu key and select Options
    2. Change the Discoverable setting to Yes

If you want to be able to transfer to your BlackBerry, this setting needs to be enabled. It is not necessary if all you want to do is send files from the BlackBerry.

Upload Photo from Computer to BlackBerry
    Potential Usage: Transfer a picture to use as a background or for caller ID on the BlackBerry.

On the BlackBerry
    1. Media -> Press the menu key and select Receive Using Bluetooth
    2. You should see a message on the phone that says Waiting for Connection.
    3. go to bluetooth on computer and click on send file and follow instructions.

Upload Music from Computer to BlackBerry
    On the BlackBerry
    1. Musc -> Press the menu key and select Receive Using Bluetooth
    2. You should see a message on the phone that says Waiting for Connection.
    3. go to bluetooth on computer and click on send file and follow instructions.

It works great!!!!! Don't have to download to applications
    03-21-09 09:20 PM
    Device Manager - right click on the device with the exclamation mark, choose update drivers, choose browse computer, choose let me pick, hilight show all devices, click next. At this point it will build list of devices. When it finishes scroll down past Research in Motion and choose RIM Virtual Serial Port V2. Click next. It will install the driver. Do the same for the other device with the exclamation. Viola problem resolved.
    When completed you will probably show 4 RIM Virtual Serial ports in under the ports entry in device manager.
    I didn't read carefully and didn't scroll past Research in Motion for one of the devices, but it seems to have worked but I'm not sure. Should I be able to see my 8900 in My Computer under Devices with Removable Storage (like I do when connected via USB cable)? Mine doesn't show when connected via Bluetooth.
    03-22-09 02:22 AM
    Was the vendor name "Research In Motion"? That's what I found and there was only one item, which was "BlackBerry Smartphone". I set both of the drivers to that and Windows warned me with a message about not being able to start it up. That seems to be working for me (Vista SP1 on a Dell 820).
    i got the same message...still wont work
    03-25-09 06:42 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD