I have a blackberry 8800 and am trying to connnect via bluetooth (windows vista) to my computer. Desktop manager is installed and I can connect/sync using USB with no problem. I can't transfer files from from phone to laptop using bluetooth. In device manager I have 2 entries for bluetooth peripheral device with yellow exclamation points. I cannot find a driver and I have searched. Is there any driver available?
    01-31-08 11:06 PM
    I have the same issue, I connected to my Lenovo T61 using Bluetooth, it connects for the headset and audio services but I have two services that don't have drivers. I have looked on the Blackberry and Sprint sites with no luck. Help!
    02-26-08 09:51 PM
    What version of Desktop Manager are you guys running?
    02-26-08 09:57 PM
    I'm running 4.3.0.15.
    02-27-08 03:57 PM
    4.3 Should come with the drivers you need then.
    02-27-08 05:14 PM
    Hi guys.
    I have the same problem. I have 8820 and use Desktop Manager 4.2.2.12 .
    Where can I find the upgrade so that this can be solved ?
    02-29-08 06:33 PM
    I have the same problem

Nelson
    03-04-08 10:51 AM
    I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 running Vista and a VERIZON 8830 (big clue to problems here), I can connect to sync via Bluetooth, on vista bluettoth manager I find my phone listed and connected.... So Far So Good... when I connect my phone after I reboot, I get a message from Vista telling me that Vista is looking for drivers for "bluettoth Peripheral Device" twice, meaning that Vista is looking for two drivers. I've told vista to look to no avail, it looks in the internet, I've had it look at the Blackberry disk it came with... no luck, I had it lok at windows\program files\reserach in motion\ no luck on that either... so finally it tells me it can't find the drivers and directs me to the Blackberry website. but everything wroks good. I suspect that Vista is trying to load drivers for Dial Up networking and a Modem driver.... Any of you guys had this problem??
    03-06-08 03:46 PM
    I have the same exact problem with BB 8820 from AT&T. The the laptop pairs fine with the phone using bluetooth and it is working just fine but the "New Hardware Found" message is bugging me each time I restart the laptop. is there anyway to stop the message from appearing?

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 running Vista and a VERIZON 8830 (big clue to problems here), I can connect to sync via Bluetooth, on vista bluettoth manager I find my phone listed and connected.... So Far So Good... when I connect my phone after I reboot, I get a message from Vista telling me that Vista is looking for drivers for "bluettoth Peripheral Device" twice, meaning that Vista is looking for two drivers. I've told vista to look to no avail, it looks in the internet, I've had it look at the Blackberry disk it came with... no luck, I had it lok at windows\program files\reserach in motion\ no luck on that either... so finally it tells me it can't find the drivers and directs me to the Blackberry website. but everything wroks good. I suspect that Vista is trying to load drivers for Dial Up networking and a Modem driver.... Any of you guys had this problem??
    03-06-08 04:03 PM
    Sprint BB 8830 in windows vista ... latest desktop manager ... and ask me for to bluetooth drivers
    03-23-08 11:58 PM
    I have the same exact problem as ever one and I have called up and down WDS (T-Mobile's 3rd party Tier 1 modem and data support) and they don’t know what they’re doing. The first problem that I had was that I had a Bluetooth dongle given to me and I was trying to connect my BB with Bluetooth so I can use it with the Bluetooth modem...well I later find out that RIM states that you have to use MS Bluetooth drivers and not 3rd party software to use Bluetooth...(I was using XP BTW). Now I have a integrated Bluetooth device that I'm using and I’m getting the problem were it connects with Bluetooth, but if you go under the BB Bluetooth settings on the phone and press the menu key on the device that it is currently connected to (My PC) and look under device properties to see what kind of things that the computer is able to do like wireless pan and file transfer...it doesn’t show "network dial up" so I can’t connect my computer with Bluetooth and then dial out with my Bluetooth modem because under the Device Manger of Vista it says that its missing two drivers which are both for (I’m assuming) my modem that I need to connect...so I’m basically screwed rite now... O and BTW I specifically joined the forum for this topic because it was exactly what my problem is and I like the site name Crack Berry LMFAO (it literally is)… my first phone ever and I love it it’s the number one smart phone even over the iPhone…
    04-04-08 01:03 AM
    If you have a Verizon 8830WE you will have 2 bluetooth drivers that are not able to install. The ones missing are the Bluetooth DUN and the Bluetooth MODEM. Verizon has not included these drivers with the phone because they want you to use their VZAccess for $25/month. I called RIM and they told me that there were no drivers available and to just tell Vista to stop looking for the drivers.
    04-04-08 11:20 AM
    Just got the Blackberry 8120 pearl new today from Orange.Tried installing the drivers from the CD, no go, had to find the application and install it myself, installed failed with a VB Script error.
    Downloaded the latest desktop manager from the site (only too 3 hours on a 10Mb connection), tried to install, and the same VB Script error - even tried to run as administrator - refuses point black.
    I have the same 2 bluetooth devices demanding drivers, I can see the blackberry from the laptop (Dell Inspiron 9400), but can't sync or transfer anything.
    This is turning into quite a useless brick all of a sudden.
    04-08-08 10:23 AM
    I have same problem. Updated BB desktop software, Dell inspiron 1420 built in bt wireless card., Vista Pro, Dell said BB has a known issue with Vista and is working on the fix.
    04-08-08 10:45 AM
    I have found a partial solution to this.
    If the software won't load and displays the VB Script error, you need to run a command prompt as administrator.
    CD C:\Windows\System32
    REGSVR32 VBSCRIPT.DLL

But I still can't get Bluetooth devices to work though
    I ended up using the USB cable
    04-08-08 03:12 PM
    Same issue here....new Dell Inspiron 1420 - Vista Business Edition with all the patches and fixes loaed, Blackberry 4.3 Desktop Manager, AT&T (Cingular) 8700c with latest OS. Pairs up just fine yells about missing bluetooth drivers....I can't locate them ANYWHERE.

Any suggestions on what to do here? AT&T is clueless as is Dell....

04-16-08 09:36 AM
    Same issue here anyone?
    05-12-08 01:25 AM
    Got an 8800 and an HP laptop and guys I'd like to join the problem club!!!

Will not connect via bluetooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 01:16 PM
    Got the solution i believe.

-Goto Device Manager under Control Panel.
    -Then look for the bluetooth driver that is having the problem (usually exclamation point next to it).
    -Right click and goto update driver
    -At prompt click "browse my computer for driver software".
    -Then at bottom of next prompt click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    -uncheck show compatible hardware and select RIM from list below.

Install and should work. This will work for the usb driver problems also.

Worked for me should work for you; let me know with any issues.

-Cole
    05-12-08 01:54 PM

-Then look for the bluetooth driver that is having the problem (usually exclamation point next to it).
    -Then at bottom of next prompt click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

-Cole
    Was the vendor name "Research In Motion"? That's what I found and there was only one item, which was "BlackBerry Smartphone". I set both of the drivers to that and Windows warned me with a message about not being able to start it up. That seems to be working for me (Vista SP1 on a Dell 820).
    05-13-08 04:15 PM
    Yes Research In Motion" and Smartphone option. Its ben working for me for weeks with no problems.
    05-16-08 02:40 PM
    I have the same issue, I connected to my Lenovo T61 using Bluetooth, it connects for the headset and audio services but I have two services that don't have drivers. I have looked on the Blackberry and Sprint sites with no luck. Help!
    Using 8820 (AT&T) with Lenovo T61p (Vista). However, my device pairs with the Bluetooth on the notebook without issue. Desktop software v4.3 sees device (shows PIN) and connected.

My problem: Connectivity is lost during a bluetooth sync. So it seems I have gotten farther than many here, but still haven't been able to sync over bluetooth successfully. Desktop log file shows sync was interrupted, nothing more.

My wife has the exact same problem. Same phone, same desktop software, on her compaq laptop. She however, is running XP. Although the devices can pair and transfer files with other phones/devices, and with our notebooks.... I don't feel the bluetooth is very good on our phones. We are both able to pair/connect and transfer files to our PC's. Connectivity to the BB desktop is lost when you put some demand on the connection. Anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by shadowsports; 05-18-08 at 09:37 AM.
    05-17-08 09:39 AM

-Cole
    I'm new to Blackberry/Bluetooth technology. I've been trying to transfer files from my Dell XPS to my Blackberry 8120 and it keeps saying it failed. I read this forum and tried to use your suggestions but I get stuck at the RIM part. I can't locate it. I've installed the Desktop Software 4.3 and it in the status bar it says none. I'm so frustrated!! Any ideas?
    05-23-08 12:33 AM
    After more reading, it seems both of our laptops's are using the wrong bluetooth driver (WIDCOMM). Haven't had a chance to test, but I'll bet switching as others have suggested here will do the trick.

Bluetooth Setup

Thanks Guys!
    05-26-08 08:43 AM
    Any updates on this
    07-02-08 12:30 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD