Just saw a thread on WPCentral called "Windows phone reminds me of a zombie". What BlackBerry reminds you? I hope it's a Phoenix, not zombie
    01-02-13 09:38 AM
    LOL. Well OS 7 reminds me of a functional yet lacking OS so maybe a turtle. Can't say about BB10 but hope it's like the hare but not racing lol.
    01-02-13 09:56 AM
    Just saw a thread on WPCentral called "Windows phone reminds me of a zombie". What BlackBerry reminds you? I hope it's a Phoenix, not zombie
    LOL...Now thats a funny headline. Can you please share the link to the post please? thanks .
    01-02-13 11:45 AM
    Windows is the old belt and suspenders OS. You can put a slick GUI on the home screen, but lurking right behind that screen is that big old cumbersome, hard to use OS. A phone using windows? Yuck!
    01-02-13 11:53 AM
    Windows is the old belt and suspenders OS. You can put a slick GUI on the home screen, but lurking right behind that screen is that big old cumbersome, hard to use OS. A phone using windows? Yuck!
    Lol. Windows phone is nothing like windows desktop (traditional). And for those of us that know windows inside and out and run businesses with it, it is quite the workhorse.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    jakie55 and 00stryder like this.
    01-02-13 12:17 PM
    Lol. Windows phone is nothing like windows desktop (traditional). And for those of us that know windows inside and out and run businesses with it, it is quite the workhorse.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    Agreed, for business use. I had my consumer hat on.
    01-02-13 12:22 PM
    01-02-13 02:37 PM
    Are you sure about that? I remember they use NT core now in WP8. Do you think they have rewritten it from scratch? That's not the MS way
    01-02-13 02:38 PM
    LOL RIM is the phoenix and Win is the zombie
    01-02-13 03:26 PM
    Not to dis WP8. It just reminds me of a Zune. I bought two Zunes and they went over like Led Zeppelins. I just see the interface and list down the side and it is "Zunesque."

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 06:36 PM
    F1. fast and efficient. best "engine". true marvel of technology. BB10

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-02-13 06:41 PM
    Are you sure about that? I remember they use NT core now in WP8. Do you think they have rewritten it from scratch? That's not the MS way
    yes they did create the OS from scratch.
    01-02-13 08:44 PM
    Nah, I see webOS more like a zombie than windows phone. If we keep the monster theme, here is what they are.

Android - Frankenstien's Monster. A mishmash of ideas that may not look pretty, but somehow come together and function.
    Blackberry - The Missing Link. Maybe old school, but fast and furious.
    iPhone - Siren. Will lure you in with her beauty and song before devouring you.
    webOS - Zombie. It just won't die.
    Windows Phone - Mad Scientist. Can't seem to get out of its own way to rule the world.
    01-02-13 08:56 PM
    yes they did create the OS from scratch.
    Hmm, still not sure what you mean by "they did create the OS from scratch". NT kernel is there from Windows NT, UI from Windows Phone 7. What exactly they've rewritten from scratch? (if possible with some links to read more about it, I'm really interested in this. I tried to Google but found nothing that supports this idea) As I said, rewriting is not a Microsoft way of doing things Re-branding old things, yes
    that's Microsoft.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-03-13 02:01 AM
    Hmm, still not sure what you mean by "they did create the OS from scratch". NT kernel is there from Windows NT, UI from Windows Phone 7. What exactly they've rewritten from scratch? (if possible with some links to read more about it, I'm really interested in this. I tried to Google but found nothing that supports this idea) As I said, rewriting is not a Microsoft way of doing things Re-branding old things, yes
    that's Microsoft.
    umm. Dude. They started wp7 from the ground up. Like what HTC did with the Wp 8X
    01-03-13 02:57 AM
    umm. Dude. They started wp7 from the ground up. Like what HTC did with the Wp 8X
    Wait a second, aren't you the same person who asked me what I do on WPCentral forum? So, you still have no links for me to read, do you? Then let me give you some links:

Windows Phone OS 7.0: What's inside? | ZDNet - what's inside WP7 (re-branded and re-decorated Windows Embedded CE)
    What's new in Windows Phone 8? - Pocket-lint

I'm not sure what means "re-written from scratch" in Windows world, but the rest of the world uses this sentence to describe when something was really thrown away and a completely new code was written.
    01-03-13 04:25 AM
    Yea. But I will try out a BB10 device for a while. I also have a 920 for personal use.

Not the Kernel. But the UI. It's from scratch. Also Wp8 has NOTHING in Common. except the UI. everything has nothing to do with the CE kernel.
    01-03-13 04:33 AM
    Not the Kernel. But the UI. It's from scratch. Also Wp8 has NOTHING in Common. except the UI. everything has nothing to do with the CE kernel.
    Ah, here it comes. Then you should be more specific when you're talking about "written from scratch". As for UI I agree, it's totally new. And I'm also aware that WP8 uses NT kernel instead of CE one.

Yea. But I will try out a BB10 device for a while. I also have a 920 for personal use.
    Same here, but I own Lumia 800 now and going to switch to BB10 L-series
    01-03-13 04:57 AM
    Ah, here it comes. Then you should be more specific when you're talking about "written from scratch". As for UI I agree, it's totally new. And I'm also aware that WP8 uses NT kernel instead of CE one.

Same here, but I own Lumia 800 now and going to switch to BB10 L-series
    well that depends. On you. I will still have my 920. Since I have a Xbox and win 8 PC. But ill try bb10 for a few months
    01-03-13 05:43 PM
    People don't "use" kernels. They use interfaces. Metro is nothing like traditional Windows.
    01-06-13 05:36 PM
    Windows is good, the live tiles are just stationary widgets or what blackberry calls active frames.

lol... same thing all around and everyone thinks theirs is the best.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 05:40 PM
    Windows is good, the live tiles are just stationary widgets or what blackberry calls active frames.

lol... same thing all around and everyone thinks theirs is the best.

Yeah there are just so many ways to do this stuff. I think Windows Phone is nice. Never owned one but I have tried them out lots of times. Thinking if BB ever folded that is where I'd go. But then I hear stupid things like the font size can't be changed in the email app, etc. (not sure if that is true).
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-06-13 06:11 PM
    In a couple of years I think windows will take over mobile. When Microsoft makes their own mobile device that is.

01-06-13 06:14 PM
    Agreed, for business use. I had my consumer hat on.
    lol whats wrong with Windows from a consumer stand point, the way i see it is its still ahead of everyone else on this level also. Mac OSX is meh and Linux is not user friendly
    01-06-13 06:48 PM
    lol whats wrong with Windows from a consumer stand point, the way i see it is its still ahead of everyone else on this level also. Mac OSX is meh and Linux is not user friendly
    It may not be as user friendly as Windows is but it is user friendly now. Unless you are running one of the BSD or slack distros where you have to compile your own kernel maybe but the ubuntu, opensuse and so on is a cake to install, run and maintain.
    bb10_fan likes this.
    01-06-13 07:12 PM
42 12