I have a blackberry curve and I sync between my home pc and my job pc. Recently my job pc O/S was upgraded to windows xp (only now? in 2007? go figure) and since then windows explorer is not seeing my curve when i click on my computer. BB desktop manager sees the curve and syncs fine. I want to be able to add files to my media card though and i can't for some reason. My pc at home has no problem though..Any suggestions?
    12-07-07 11:00 AM
    did they install Norton on your work PC?
    12-07-07 11:08 AM
    it's installed. could that be the case? It was there before though too..
    12-07-07 11:50 AM
    Did you install the BB Device Manager on your home PC? This is the one that brings the device drivers to your PC.

In my experience, I have to have both the BB Device Manager and the BB Desktop Manager running to be able to see the BB as a device in Windows Explorer.
    Last edited by o1sowise; 12-12-07 at 08:40 AM.
    12-12-07 08:37 AM
    Sometimes the PC assigns a drive letter to removable devices that you may already have mapped to a network shared drive or other device. If that's the case, the other device will always take precedence over your BlackBerry, because drive letters are first-come, first-served. It drove me CRAZY for weeks, because I knew that USB was detecting the device, but it would NOT show up in Explorer. My cubie figured it out.

Right-click on My Computer and select Manage. Go to Disk Management. If your BlackBerry shows up here as a removable media device, right-click on it and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths." Select a drive letter that is not already mapped to a network drive or other device on your PC. Refresh Windows Explorer, et voila! Thar she blows! Hopefully.
    12-12-07 09:23 AM
    Thanks. I figured it out before this was posted but that was the case. I changed the drive paths and boom!!! My blackberry showed up. Thanks guys. Even though I figured it out myself someone came through with the correct solution...Really appreciate the site and it's members!!!!!!!
    12-12-07 10:13 AM
    Always glad to help!
    12-12-07 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD