Windows 8 is a flop to be sure on desktops and laptops, especially if you don't have a touch screen. It's hard to navigate and counter intuitive in many ways.

Analysts are blaming recent slumps on PC Sales on the UI.

That being said, it's pretty slick on the phones. Don't underestimate WP8, it's real competition.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:42 AM
    I really enjoy windows 8.
    I find its as good as windows 7 bit with more options on how you want to do things.
    It's definitely faster on my laptop than windows 7.
    Thud Hardsmack and shemaree09 like this.
    04-12-13 08:55 AM
    Windows 8 is a flop to be sure on desktops and laptops, especially if you don't have a touch screen. It's hard to navigate and counter intuitive in many ways.

Analysts are blaming recent slumps on PC Sales on the UI.

That being said, it's pretty slick on the phones. Don't underestimate WP8, it's real competition.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't find it difficult, I could do everything with a mouse. I do find I don't like the modern UI and ignore it for the desktop.
    04-12-13 09:00 AM
    I can't even use my iPod on windows 8, which is beyond dumb.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:41 PM
    I can't even use my iPod on windows 8, which is beyond dumb.

Posted via CB10
    try installing iTunes! I have no problems what so ever. Windows 8 is very good. Best of both worlds touch and mouse. I don't get all the bashing, show me something better all around.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Foroplex
    shemaree09 likes this.
    04-13-13 02:16 PM
    WP8 isn't bad. I like the clean organized look.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    shemaree09 likes this.
    04-15-13 04:49 AM
    most of the Win8 bashing is from people who don't like change or ones who've never used it and are going off of hearsay.

Windows 8 is a much needed change from the same old boring Windows from the past. The new UI is modern, easier to use and flows nicely. You just have to play around with it and get used to it. It was foreign to me for like one day.

Going back to Windows 7 is so dinosaur-like now. I cant imagine going back.

Also, my iPod works fine.
    04-15-13 10:03 AM
    Same here... Using Windows 8 at home on multiple machines but use Windows 7 at work. The person that says their iPod doesn't work on Windows 8 is probably using Windows RT. That is like a completely different OS, that just happens to look like Windows8 and it doesn't support desktop software like iTunes. Unfortunately iPod support on RT will be up to Apple to make an iTunes Metro App. Considering the current state of the tablet wars, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Same with Google beyond Search sadly. (P.S. I hate you Google for breaking my Windows8 Mail! aka no longer supporting EAS.)
    04-15-13 10:17 AM
    I agree windows 8 is a big flop...they deviated too much away from the proven grid like icon structure... BlackBerry has almost got it perfect with an interface that is best of BlackBerry, iOS and Android..2013 BlackBerry beats windows...2014 BlackBerry Beats Apple and then 2015 it takes down mal ware king android..

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:27 AM
    I downloaded start8, which gives you a start menu and boot to desktop. It works 100% fine, so with that and the improvements in bootup, ram usage and fps in-games, windows 8 is a success to me.
    04-15-13 11:42 AM
    Seems quite a few of you like Windows 8, which is fine, but if you look at their sales.... It has dropped off significantly compared to WM7.

I tried to use it on a friend's PC and wasn't as intuitive as 7 IMO. Definitely seems more geared for the touchscreen based devices.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 12:48 PM
    Seems quite a few of you like Windows 8, which is fine, but if you look at their sales.... It has dropped off significantly compared to WM7.

I tried to use it on a friend's PC and wasn't as intuitive as 7 IMO. Definitely seems more geared for the touchscreen based devices.

It is but still works fine with a mouse if someone chooses to use the modern side.
    04-15-13 12:59 PM
    It is but still works fine with a mouse if someone chooses to use the modern side.
    Agreed. Mouse works just fine. And instead of finger scrolling you just bring it to the edge and that makes it scroll to the side.
    04-15-13 01:27 PM
    I downloaded start8, which gives you a start menu and boot to desktop. It works 100% fine, so with that and the improvements in bootup, ram usage and fps in-games, windows 8 is a success to me.
    If you add Modern Mix to it as well you can then run Metro Apps on the desktop. It's pretty sweet! The latest update to Xbox Music on Win8 is really decent. (includes free cloud match) Finally works properly in Canada.

Win8 is also the only "mobile OS" that supports multiple users / profiles properly, which makes sharing a device a whole lot easier.
    04-15-13 01:44 PM
    I must be old school, lol!

Just wondering why it is suffering so much as did Vista, yet here on these forums which is just a microscope of the Grand picture, seems you guys like it.

I personally don't see a reason to upgrade from WP7.

04-15-13 02:13 PM
    For those of you criticizing windows 8 on a usage basis, I think you might be better suited using an OS along the lines of a Fisher Price speak 'n spell if you're taking longer than a day to figure out how to use it just as efficiently as windows 7.

sent from the slow as hell connection hanging Tapatalk app
    shemaree09 likes this.
    04-16-13 06:58 AM
    Funny that a forum that is pushing folks to use a new UI on their phone of choice would bash Win 8 for changing the UI.

Jus' sayin'.
    04-16-13 10:16 AM
    I actually love Windows 8, and for me the Nokia 920 is second only to my Z10.
    I honestly don't get why people can't put in a couple of hours to learn a new OS, I would never ever go back to Windows 7.
    04-16-13 10:31 AM
    Win8 runs much better than windows 7.
    It boots faster and is much easier to locate files using the universal search.
    I never use the tiles, found it gimmicky for a desktop interface. Desktop is great.
    It's essentially the same as windows 7 it just doesn't have a start menu and is faster.
    Took a few Google searches to find a few settings etc but after transition its a much better os
    04-17-13 04:20 PM
    For those of you criticizing windows 8 on a usage basis, I think you might be better suited using an OS along the lines of a Fisher Price speak 'n spell if you're taking longer than a day to figure out how to use it just as efficiently as windows 7.

sent from the slow as hell connection hanging Tapatalk app
    don't complain when your dentist whips out a flathead screwdriver to clean your teeth instead of a dentist pick. pretty much the same thing
    04-17-13 05:03 PM
    There will be an option to launch W8 directly to the desktop in a future update. As for WP8, it was found to be more intuitive that BB10 in a direct sampling of phone users.

That said I prefer the familiar Windows desktop and find WP8 to be good for phones.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    04-17-13 06:12 PM
    don't complain when your dentist whips out a flathead screwdriver to clean your teeth instead of a dentist pick. pretty much the same thing
    Right. Are you familiar with the story of Chicken Little?
    04-17-13 06:30 PM
    Funny that a forum that is pushing folks to use a new UI on their phone of choice would bash Win 8 for changing the UI.

Jus' sayin'.
    I was thinking the same thing. Phones without gestures are apparently antiquated but Windows 8 is terrible. Makes me smh.
    04-17-13 06:54 PM
    Like I have been saying I have yet to see ONE WP NOT ONE .....NOT EVEN A SINGLE ONE WP8...NOT ONE. NOT EVEN ONE. Looking at NOK Earnings Release one can understand. They sold very little in NA. http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...-released.html

I called it. all this time the microsoft paid employees coming here telling us WP8 is being sold like crazy//....LOL WP is finsihed. I have yet to see ONE WP......NOT ONE ....NOT EVEN ONE
    04-18-13 09:49 AM
    Like I have been saying I have yet to see ONE WP NOT ONE .....NOT EVEN A SINGLE ONE WP8...NOT ONE. NOT EVEN ONE. Looking at NOK Earnings Release one can understand. They sold very little in NA. http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...-released.html

I called it. all this time the microsoft paid employees coming here telling us WP8 is being sold like crazy//....LOL WP is finsihed. I have yet to see ONE WP......NOT ONE ....NOT EVEN ONE
    That's your experience. I see more wp than bbry in my area.
    04-18-13 11:33 AM
244 ... 78910