Just got a new, T Mobile 9700 and a new Windows 7 (64 bit) PC at the same time. The new DM (5.0.1) does not see the Blackberry. After SIX HOURS with RIM phone tech support, they gave up and said it was something in my computer.

They said it had something to do with an old driver not letting the new driver take over the relevant USB port. I already did the power management fixes that some people have suggested. Two questions:

Anyone else have this problem?

Has it been 100% confirmed that the new DM is fully compatible with 64 bit Windows 7? Nobody at RIM could answer that quetions definitively.
    11-29-09 05:57 PM
    11-29-09 06:00 PM
    Just got a new, T Mobile 9700 and a new Windows 7 (64 bit) PC at the same time. The new DM (5.0.1) does not see the Blackberry. After SIX HOURS with RIM phone tech support, they gave up and said it was something in my computer.

They said it had something to do with an old driver not letting the new driver take over the relevant USB port. I already did the power management fixes that some people have suggested. Two questions:

Anyone else have this problem?

Has it been 100% confirmed that the new DM is fully compatible with 64 bit Windows 7? Nobody at RIM could answer that quetions definitively.
    Is your mass storage mode support enabled?

Options>Memory. Enable both "Mass Storage Mode Support" and "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected."
    11-30-09 01:20 PM
    Is your mass storage mode support enabled?

Options>Memory. Enable both "Mass Storage Mode Support" and "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected."
    LOL! Apparently you didn't read/understand the problem the op is having, nor did you see the post above yours.
    11-30-09 01:23 PM
    LOL! Apparently you didn't read/understand the problem the op is having, nor did you see the post above yours.
    Sorry.

When I got my Storm, I had Win 7 RC. I didn't have the USB issue. My problem was not having the mass storage enabled.
    11-30-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD