View Poll Results: Will you wait until 'Q1' 2013 for BlackBerry 10?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I'm waiting for the Touch Screen BlackBerry 10 Phone

64 20.06%
  • Yes I'm waiting for the Physical Keyboard BlackBerry 10 Phone

81 25.39%
  • No I'm switching to a Windows Phone

29 9.09%
  • No I'm switching to an Android Phone

46 14.42%
  • No I'm switching to an iPhone

39 12.23%
  • Don't Know / Unsure / Maybe

60 18.81%
    My contract is up at ATT in August of 2013. My guess is that RIM will flatline well before that and ATT will offer me some kind of deal on a different device. I've been using BB for a long time and am not looking forward to moving on, but it seems that moving on it will be.

As long as RIM keeps going, I'll keep my 9810, which I like. I will figure out what to do about BB10 if it ever ships (which I doubt) and the reports on it are good (also doubtful).

I will miss my unlimited international data plan and am hoping the iPhone 5.5 has a physical keyboard.
    06-30-12 01:11 PM
    If they already own a current model then they will be paying full price for whatever new phone. Otherwise most people wait until their contract is up or their upgrade. These people will not be getting anything until that happens which will be a year from now give or take.

Not necessarily. Even on contract you can upgrade after a period of time (usually a year will do) for the subsidized price. It usually involves extending your contract depending on the carrier. While extending the contract is a non-starter for some, it makes sense if you weren't planning to switch anyway or your current plan is better than alternatives.

Also if there was ever a time that droves of people would be taking advantage of a carrier upgrade it would be Christmas.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 01:56 PM
    My contract is up at ATT in August of 2013. My guess is that RIM will flatline well before that and ATT will offer me some kind of deal on a different device. I've been using BB for a long time and am not looking forward to moving on, but it seems that moving on it will be.

As long as RIM keeps going, I'll keep my 9810, which I like. I will figure out what to do about BB10 if it ever ships (which I doubt) and the reports on it are good (also doubtful).

I will miss my unlimited international data plan and am hoping the iPhone 5.5 has a physical keyboard.
    I wouldn't count on that happening.
    06-30-12 05:12 PM
    I just realized that the breakdown of the poll numbers are pretty similar to voting blocs...the polar opposites are about equal, and there's a shifting bloc of independents/undecideds squarely in the middle.

That's not very encouraging, I know. Ah well.
    06-30-12 06:15 PM
    I say eff blackberry 10!!! dont really care to much about it i love my blackberry 7 OS!!! and my bold. people act like blackberry 10 is going to save the world like its something that's just going to blow everything else away. and these same people will be the first one's to talk trash about it. i think alot of it boiles down to a new look people get tired of a certain theme look of a OS. Cuz to be honest the bold is very stable, fast, smooth

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 06:23 PM
    I don't think being delayed for a few months is really getting people to want to drop the platform isit? I mean, it's just a few months? What I am really upset is that I will get a little ansy over those few months. Those people who are going to stop waiting could probably be those who never wanted to wait for it the first place.

Those are the ones who will be swayed by those shiny new Nexii and Iphones, and to be honest, that would not make me enjoy my BB10 unboxings any less.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 07-01-12 at 07:05 AM.
    07-01-12 07:03 AM
    It was originally stated to be released in Feb 2012. Around June of 2011 it was clear they would be making a new OS for handhelds and many people have probably waited since then. So there are feasibly some waiting two years for this device to come out, delay after delay
    07-01-12 07:37 AM
    I'm waiting for BB10 with a physical keyboard, preferably something pocket sized like my Curve 3G 9330.

Oh, and can someone please tell RIM and Verizon that there are a few of us in the US that would like a phone color other than black? I know it's a BlackBerry, but I'd really like a white phone!
    07-01-12 12:22 PM
    I'll be continuing to use my current Android phone and I'm hoping to get a 9850 to try out soon. I might use some other devices in between, but I'm still most likely going to get a BB10 device on launch day.
    07-01-12 12:25 PM
    I voted yes mainly due to the fact that my current contract doesn't expire until Sept 2013 and I can only buy another BB before then due to the tarrif I'm on.
    07-01-12 01:03 PM
    I voted yes mainly due to the fact that my current contract doesn't expire until Sept 2013 and I can only buy another BB before then due to the tarrif I'm on.
    He he, another Belfast
    07-01-12 01:05 PM
    My upgrade is due early October, so I was really hoping for BB10 that month. Realistically, its going to be iPhone 5 for me now. I got a low end BB to tide me over the summer, assuming we would see BB10 this autumn. Even if BB10 does arrive in Q1 2013, we won't see a keyboard handset until later and that is the only reason I would get a BB. I have an iPad, MacBook, Apple TV so the iPhone fits in with my general tech/comms set up, although it is less good as an actual phone.

Its not a good sign for RIM, there are new Windows Mobiles due in the Autumn and presumably a billion more types of Androids. People will be upgrading and not seeing anything new from BB, and subsequently are going to be lost as users.
    07-01-12 02:02 PM
    It's a good point to mention the contract periods when it comes to product delays. If a product goes beyond one's upgrade date, the earlier offerings would look more attractive as time goes by.
    07-01-12 03:17 PM
    My upgrade is due early October, so I was really hoping for BB10 that month. Realistically, its going to be iPhone 5 for me now. I got a low end BB to tide me over the summer, assuming we would see BB10 this autumn. Even if BB10 does arrive in Q1 2013, we won't see a keyboard handset until later and that is the only reason I would get a BB. I have an iPad, MacBook, Apple TV so the iPhone fits in with my general tech/comms set up, although it is less good as an actual phone.

Its not a good sign for RIM, there are new Windows Mobiles due in the Autumn and presumably a billion more types of Androids. People will be upgrading and not seeing anything new from BB, and subsequently are going to be lost as users.
    The Physical Keyboard BlackBerry 10 is still scheduled to come out in Calendar Q1, very shortly after the first All Touch Screen BlackBerry 10.

Only the All Touch Screen BlackBerry 10 was delayed.
    07-09-12 01:00 PM
    I was nursing my ageing 9780 through very gently in vain hope of a 10/10 release, but it simply won't last til next year so is being retired.
    When hearing of the delay I ordered a 9860 to arrive tomorrow, and coupled with my PB I'm sure they'll see me through.

Most interesting thing for me will be to see how I cope without a physical keyboard for the first time in many years.
    Will be good experience for six months (or so) before getting the all-touch BB10 device�
    Gesture UI deserves as much screen real-estate as possible.
    07-10-12 03:44 AM
    I will buy the first BB10 device while loving the living daylights out of my bb7 devices.
    07-10-12 04:14 AM
    I was nursing my ageing 9780 through very gently in vain hope of a 10/10 release, but it simply won't last til next year so is being retired.
    When hearing of the delay I ordered a 9860 to arrive tomorrow, and coupled with my PB I'm sure they'll see me through.

Most interesting thing for me will be to see how I cope without a physical keyboard for the first time in many years.
    Will be good experience for six months (or so) before getting the all-touch BB10 device�
    I'm a heavy user & I've been using my 9700 for over 2 years and it still works like new. What do you do that your phones that it won't last a few more months?
    07-11-12 10:01 AM
    Why the heck isn't there an option that says "I will buy all the BB10 phones under the sun?"

Why, because I am going to do so...
    07-11-12 10:06 AM

I'm a heavy user & I've been using my 9700 for over 2 years and it still works like new. What do you do that your phones that it won't last a few more months?

I bought the phone in Jan/Feb 2011 so it's far from a new device and has many issues now both hardware and software.
    Perhaps you're not as 'heavy' as you think.....
    07-11-12 10:12 AM
    So as per this article from Kevin the BlackBerry 10 Phones will be launching in January/February 2013.

Confirmed: BlackBerry 10 full touchscreen and physical keyboard models will be announced and marketed together | CrackBerry.com
    07-13-12 09:18 AM
    I bought the phone in Jan/Feb 2011 so it's far from a new device and has many issues now both hardware and software.
    Perhaps you're not as 'heavy' as you think.....
    I send hundreds of Email, BBM, Texts every day. Plus I use it to make phone calls. As well as Web Browsing and App use.

I do tend to take good care of my things though. I still have many working items from my childhood.
    07-13-12 09:21 AM
    of course will definitely wait for BB10. and i'll wait further for the white version to be release may it be qwerty or full touch as long as it is white.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-13-12 09:26 AM
147 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD