Seeing as how I was able to pick up my 9900 a day before it was officially released, I'm going to try my hand and get it directly from the store.
    10-20-12 03:17 PM
    As you have read and heard a lot about Apple getting millions of orders for iPhone 5.
    How many people, do you think, will have the faith in RIM, to pre-order BB10 ?
    Any numbers ? Will you ?
    Hypothetical question is hypothetical. What is for sale? What is the cost? My guess is that my local retailer will have stock if I want one. I have a PB running 2.1 so I am most likely to wait for a physical keyboard model. Very happy with current setup of 9780/OS6 and PB combo. Running a new physical handset and my PB both on BB10 is my next gen set up.
    10-20-12 03:39 PM
    Nope. But I'll be at my Rogers store to play with it on launch day and see if I like it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 04:12 PM
    No. I hope BB10 is solid because I would like to return to BlackBerry. But I'm going to wait and see if the apps I now use regularly, most of which are not available for current BB devices, are available for BB10.
    Which apps are you regularly using and on which platform?
    10-20-12 08:46 PM
    I've never been the type to pre-order or even buy anything at launch. The one time I did was for NBA2K9 and it was a little glitchy right out the box. What I usually do for my gadgets/games/etc. is wait a month or two, read/ watch reviews and handle it in stores before I make a purchase. Usually a couple months is enough to know whether or not it has any bugs that still need to be ironed out.

I've now been on an Android device long enough to where I'm fully comfortable with what it offers. And honestly, a BB10 better be something awesome to get me to switch back at this point. I loved my BlackBerry devices of the past. But that was in the past. From what I've seen BB10 looks like an entirely new experience.

I'm interested to see what it offers and how it stacks up with the current devices on other platforms (and realistically, future devices) I'm hoping for the best.

Sent from my rooted AT&T ATRIX HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 10-20-12 at 09:28 PM.
    10-20-12 09:15 PM
    Not even sure if they have pre order for blackberry in Canada? I usually take the day off work and get my bolds on launch day
    10-21-12 12:50 AM
    Will they even do a pre order? BB10 will be slow out of the gates! It's up to RIM to get the apps headed in the right direction and bring out quality products. If it is a complete success and all the major apps come on board(which would mean the smaller ones should follow) It may take a few years before a pre order would even be needed?
    Last edited by jebulls; 10-21-12 at 10:18 AM.
    10-21-12 10:05 AM
    Apps are a consideration for sure, but advertising would also help. SG3 is an amazing phone, but the reason it's selling are the ads we saw during the Olympics. Then the ads taking on the new iPhone head on. I got my 9900 for free on a insurance thing with FS, so I picked it up opening day. Went in to the store, no displays or any sign of newly released phone. Asked the sales guy who knew nothing about it, asked his manager, who went to the back and checked, and found they did in fact get them in the afternoon before. Do you think that would happen with the iPhone? All I'm saying is the biggest industry in our society is controlling what you think, and RIM doesn't utilize this. Of course Samsung has unlimited funds to do this and RIM just can't compete.
    jebulls likes this.
    10-21-12 10:47 AM
    Pre order an unproven brand new OS? Sure, where I do sign? :P
    No, I'll wait until all the hands-on reviews come in along with consumer feedback and bug reports plus seeing how quickly those get rectified.
    10-21-12 10:51 AM
    Which apps are you regularly using and on which platform?
    Most used apps; MLB at Bat (including video streaming of games), SiriusXM, Pinger Text Free, Netflix, Youversion Bible, and FaceTime. Last season I used NHL GameCenter audio/video a lot and once the season starts it will be one of the most used apps on my phone. Currently using iPhone 4S running iOS 6.
    10-21-12 11:40 AM
    I plan to wait for AT&T to offer refurbished ones.

The last three phones we got were refurbs. My current 9800 (contract up in Dec., but can get an early upgrade now if I want). My son's Galaxy S II, and my wife's iPhone 4.

All have been great with no problems - and cheap to get. My Torch was only 1 cent at the time, and turned out more than worth the penny (yes, I know my monthly bill paid for the rest of it).
    10-21-12 11:59 AM
    RIM has learned its lesson with PlayBook, BB10 won't be half baked
    bitek likes this.
    10-21-12 07:24 PM
    No, I won't.
    10-21-12 07:59 PM
    pre order no, but will be first in line
    bitek likes this.
    10-21-12 08:53 PM
    Nope. I'll do like I do every time. Wait until my carrier upgrade comes and get one then. We should all know by then if it's good or not.
    abwan11 likes this.
    10-22-12 05:05 PM
    I would love to pre-order ....... one with the keyboard. to all non sayers. look at the playbook. from ugly duck playbook is becoming a swam. just to support rim I might order full screen edition and later sell it and get the version with keybaord.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-22-12 05:13 PM
    1)
    I'm waiting to see what the app store has available. FWIW: I don't care about Netflix. I havea few requirments like Pandora and a good running app though.

2)
    Pricing. I don't mind paying but I am not paying an arm and a leg.

3)
    Reviews. I will not get a BB10 if it is not polished. I'm talking user experience. The ting could be ugly, that doesn't bother me.
    10-22-12 09:08 PM
    Carriers in my country rarely offer pre-orders. But trust me I'll be the first in line to get it on launch day. Don't have any existing contract to tie me down, so I can upgrade as I please... YAY!!
    10-22-12 09:32 PM
    Sure why not? I am grateful to say that I could afford another phone at full price if bb10 were a flop (not saying it will) so I would take the leap and pre-order IF that option were available, which I don't think will be the case... I would love to be able to say "I was one of the first people to ever buy a BB10 device because I pre-ordered and got it day one" 10 years down the road when RIM is the biggest tech giant in the world

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    10-22-12 09:54 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD