View Poll Results: Will you be buying a BB10 device?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, on launch day

51 24.29%
  • yes, on launch week

52 24.76%
  • yes, after a little while

34 16.19%
  • yes, once my contract expires

25 11.90%
  • maybe, once I check it out

31 14.76%
  • maybe, if I'm able to

3 1.43%
  • maybe (other)

4 1.90%
  • no (explain why)

10 4.76%
11-03-12 11:00 AM
58 123
tools
    With RIMs track history and how they did everyone wrong who bought the playbook on launch or even the first 3months. I will be waiting. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    11-02-12 09:59 AM
    When the 9900 was about to be released, I called around to all my local Rogers stores even a couple days before launch. Many said they couldn't sell me one until a few days later etc, until I connected with one store and what sounded like a rather new employee. She said she I would be able to buy if I came by. I told her I'd be there in 25 mins. I walked in, smiled, and purchased it outright. What a great day that was.

I'm hoping to have a repeat experience with the release of BlackBerry 10. I hope that girl still works there.
    lanemaster12 likes this.
    11-02-12 10:43 AM
    I am taking the wait and see approach. I want to try the physical keyboard model before I make a decision.

With loosing the blackberry buttons and track pad the new model might not fit my needs. I have a blackberry for ease of typing and navigation. Touch screens don't appeal to me and if I have to use one its easier to carry a tablet with a flip phone. With the size of phones today you might as well carry a tablet in my opinion.

I am also getting tired of paying these carriers so much money for these devices and charges. With the economy in the tank more and more people are going prepaid anymore.

I am hopeful that the new model will fit my needs!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-02-12 11:50 AM
    My contract is up in April, but I've been with Tmo for almost ten years and they typically cut me some slack on that if it's not too far off, as a reward for loyalty. So if BB10 launches in Jan or Feb I may still be able to get it at contract renewal price. But before doing so I'll need to spend some time in the store playing with it and see what the people here at CB have to say.

I'll be especially interested in how well the virtual keyboard works for me, now that I've gotten used to Swype. I'm a heavy Kindle user, and even though we have confirmation that Kindle will be on BB10, we don't know whether it will be the full version, with annotation and highlighting. The WP app doesn't have these features (just as the BBOS 6 app doesn't). I'm also a bit concerned about battery life. I'm now getting pretty good battery life on my Android phone and I don't want to take a step backward.

So we'll see.
    11-02-12 11:52 AM
    I want a Slider. I'm in love with my Torch and wouldn't change it for a full touch screen phone. I need my keyboard but not 100% of the time to get something like a Bold for example. So I'm kind of frustrated that there is not much news about the "M" series phone
    I love my torch too and would love a slider w/ a bold-esq keyboard..which is wishful thinking. But, I will be getting a BB10 device once my contract is up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-02-12 05:21 PM
    I am currently using all touchscreen phones to get used to them. I thought I was getting the keyboard but I'm not keen on losing the trackpad, so I might as well go for the touchscreen.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-02-12 05:33 PM
    NO. Explanation: my current phone still works well, and I don't see anything being offered that my compels me to upgrade. Maybe someday when this phone dies, or there is a killer feature on another phone!
    11-03-12 09:01 AM
    Getting the N Series one on it's first day release and then getting the Slider one too on it's first day release!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-03-12 11:00 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD