View Poll Results: Will you be buying a BB10 device?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, on launch day

51 24.29%
  • yes, on launch week

52 24.76%
  • yes, after a little while

34 16.19%
  • yes, once my contract expires

25 11.90%
  • maybe, once I check it out

31 14.76%
  • maybe, if I'm able to

3 1.43%
  • maybe (other)

4 1.90%
  • no (explain why)

10 4.76%
    Like others here I'm holding out for the successor to the Bold 9900. Hopefully with an autofocus camera this time!

Posted from My Mobile App
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    09-26-12 07:07 AM
    Most likely, no. Not because I don't want it, mind you, but my Bold 9700 works very well, I can't find a reason to tell my mother that I need a new phone

I think I might get a BlackBerry 10 device, but at the rate my phone is doing, maybe the 10th or 11th device lol (at that point, maybe it's BlackBerry 11?). Unless an accident happens...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    MTL likes this.
    09-26-12 07:27 AM
    I wonder if they change their whole "business plan", and there wont be Bold Torch Curve in the name of the models... Am saying this because I will probably only be able to get a Curve
    09-26-12 08:10 AM
    You can still get the curve even if it is named something else.
    09-26-12 08:18 AM
    I'll have to see what RIM actually releases and when. At this point BB10 does look great...but so did the demo's of the PlayBook pre-release and we all know how that went.

Time will tell but I really hope RIM hits a homerun with this.
    09-26-12 08:44 AM
    Contract expires in June and that's when I'll be buying. My birthday basically.
    09-26-12 08:46 AM
    I'm assuming I'll get a BB10 device, however until I have had me grubbys on one to see how it fits me I can't say for sure.
    09-26-12 10:53 AM
    I’m going to wait until my contract is up. I’ll only have to wait about 2-3 months after initial release. This should be enough time for any kinks to get ironed out.
    09-26-12 11:08 AM
    I could care less about the apps available at the time of release, though a good Map app that replaces Bing maps on the PlayBook would be very welcome (for myself, for the eco-system I hope it has what everyones wants). I use my phone for communicating only. As long as my messages and calendar events are given to me securely and in the hub, I'm all over that thing. SHWING!!!!
    09-26-12 11:26 AM
    I won't be buying one out of pocket but I may be one of the first people in the office to get one - the benefit of heading up the IT department.
    09-26-12 11:45 AM
    I just wonder how launch day will compare to Apple's. I believe it might not compare with the iPhone 5's, but it will be big enough that everyone's shocked; maybe even RIM.
    10-21-12 12:17 AM
    Yes, I am buying one opening day. On 9900 launch day I found the store that opened earliest in town and booked the day off work. I bought it the minute it came out. I was the unofficial first person to buy it on launch day in Waterloo. I will be booking off work again when L comes out.
    10-21-12 12:22 AM
    I just wonder how launch day will compare to Apple's. I believe it might not compare with the iPhone 5's, but it will be big enough that everyone's shocked; maybe even RIM.
    I don't know how the launch will build up, or how much marketing RIM is planning. But if launch were tomorrow I wouldn't expect lines before stores open
    10-21-12 12:23 AM
    Physical keyboard is a must have for me, so the full-touch device will most likely be out of the question.
    But even the BB10 Bold doesn't completely excite me yet, the leaked design is somewhat disappointing and of course I haven't had a chance to try that new OS for myself. However the latest videos released by Kevin look quite promising.

Last but not least I purchased my Bold 9900 just early April this year. So once that new device is out, my current BB won't even be a year old. Actually I don't want to join that phone upgrading race again, especially since I am mostly happy with my Bold. And some of the stuff I am not happy with, most likely won't get better with BB10. Why some things simply must really get better (maps, calendar and generel app support) to convince me buying the next generation.
    10-21-12 01:58 AM
    I don't know how the launch will build up, or how much marketing RIM is planning. But if launch were tomorrow I wouldn't expect lines before stores open
    Well of course not. It would be short notice and the people that get the notice most likely will already have other plans and no time to reschedule.
    10-21-12 04:12 AM
    I want a Slider. I'm in love with my Torch and wouldn't change it for a full touch screen phone. I need my keyboard but not 100% of the time to get something like a Bold for example. So I'm kind of frustrated that there is not much news about the "M" series phone
    10-21-12 04:59 AM
    saving my upgrade for BB10 can't wait.
    10-21-12 06:07 AM
    I don't think I will be buying one. I am quite satisfied with all the generation 7.1 Berries I have right now. I can fit any of my Berries in ONE hand and type with thumb of same hand. The BB10 looks maybe a might to big. Second, I make good use of the single row of keys about the standard keyboard (5 keys) and the new BB10 do not have. ug. I don't need the bigger screen as I can bridge my PB with any of my Berries If I want to do some serious web cruising. I have read as much as possible all the leaks for the upcoming BB10 and, great as they appear to be, again my current Berrries meet my needs now and the forseable future. I dunno but maybe I am burnt out with all this hi tech stuff? Even though I do have an Android (Nexus s), I am not at all impressed with (nor do I want) any more Androids nor other phones (Icrap, Wincrap etc).
    10-21-12 06:11 AM
    It won't even be blip on the radar compared to them. I just hope it's successful, I don't know how many will be buying on day 1 and how many are waiting for their upgrade time like I will be, that isn't until July next year.
    10-21-12 07:34 AM
    Ready and waiting for the N-Series. I have only missed my old Curve since getting a GS3.

Its not a bad phone, just not my style.
    11-01-12 11:03 PM
    preorder revving up as we speak.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810
    11-02-12 12:00 AM
    I was excited till I saw the design concept pics that RIM let slip. Not loving it. I know its just a phone, but I like my phone to look good, lol. My Bold's and my Torch have all looked great, the new one looks basic almost like an old Palm WebOS phone.

I am prepared to wait till the end of my contract almost. Hopefully the reviews can persuade me.
    11-02-12 12:07 AM
    i hope that BB 10 is a worldwide release and we don't have to wait more.
    11-02-12 04:51 AM
    i will be ordering mine in another month for launch day

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-02-12 04:57 AM
    Will be buying one as soon as my contract ends...another year? Hmmmm....I probably won't wait that long. Am gonna have to shake one outta somebody! I want BB10!!!!!!!!!!
    11-02-12 05:07 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD