No the family use apple, so share apple music, calendars and face time, so seems silly being out of this. So for me keep my passport as long as I can, then go IOS!

Swiped on my Passport!
    07-27-16 01:48 AM
    Hi everyone
    I just used a Jolla phone, it is quite similar to BB OS. Yes it doesn't have the BB Hub but it has access to play store and all the android apps. Similar to BB OS, I believe Sailfish has potential to succeed. Hope adequate marketing is done by Jolla

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:28 PM
    Came to BlackBerry from iphone due to pkb. No pkb until next year seems too long of a wait since many bb10 apps are no longer working and developers are essentially non existent. Plus whatsapp is going to be out of comission this December.

I just can't wait till 2017 for pkb.

Most likely moving on to oneplus.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 04:47 PM
    Hate to say it but I won't be buying a android BlackBerry, tried the priv it's an over priced piece of crap.
    I don't like android.

After buying almost every os10 device for me and my wife I have bought an iPhone 6s for me and her.
    What I like about the iPhone is the apps are more refined than android apps that and the device will keep getting software updates way longer than any android phone will.

I still have my BlackBerry z30 that I'll keep around for while longer for my work line. To see what happens down the road because I really like os10

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 05:24 PM
    I have really tried to use Android, but it doesn't provide a stable or consistent user experience for me. I just can't bring myself to buy a BlackBerry Android phone.

Almost all of my family use iPhone, and so will I. Much like BB10, it just works and provides a reliable mobile experience.

If I do buy another BlackBerry it will be running BB10 and have a physical keyboard. Period.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-28-16 08:20 AM
    My enterprise is still clinging to Blackberry's but there have been a handful of iPhones and Galaxy's added to the mix in the last few months.

I have been a Blackberry user for over 8 years, I was so happy when OS 10 came out and I could install "real" apps! But in reality there should have been a "*" beside the installing real apps idea. BB App world was a joke. Then cam Amazon App world which was bit better but a few of the apps I installed stopped working because they dropped BB support. Google Play is better, but still flaky (how many times have you seen the error message about not having Google Play Services installed, but you really do?).

In the last 3 years I've had 2 Z10's and 2 Leap phone sets. All my upgrades have been forced because of hardware issues (random reboots, blue screen of deaths, etc.).

I just want a phone set that works consistently and can run apps that everyone else and their dog can run.

What do I mean about running consistently? Here is what I deal with on a daily basis:

1). I have unique alerting for my wife when she emails or texts me. The LED should change to purple and a text message should play a different sound than my default. The text message sound works 10% of the time, the other 90% of the time my default sound plays. The LED works most of the time for text messages, but rarely for emails.

2). Often when I try to "wake" my phone up from a black screen by swiping up, it won't wake-up. I have to touch the top button to turn the screen on, then I can swipe up.

3). I miss calls on a regular basis, I'll be walking down the street or at my desk and I'll get a tone telling me I have voicemail. Meanwhile my phone never rang!

4). Random power offs. I'll take my phone out of my pocket and it'll be turned off.

5). Random power on's. I traveled to the US from Canada a few weeks ago, I turned my phone off and put it in my glove box so I wouldn't be charged roaming. I opened my glove box 2 days later and my phone was on and roaming. Good times.

My wife has a iPhone 5s and doesn't have any of these (or any other) "usability" issues. I have a 5 year old iPhone 4s I use in the states and it seems more usable. It gets better battery life.

Apparently in the fall we will be switching to iPhone or Android and I will gladly turn my Leap in.
    07-28-16 05:38 PM
    If BlackBerry decided to make the same devices just the same as android, then there will be no point in buying one. As they said they would focus on security software, I doubted that a good BlackBerry devices will be out any time soon. RIP keyboard phones

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 07:47 PM
    They make good phones! They just stink at marketing them!
    07-28-16 08:44 PM
    Until BlackBerry focuses on USA marketing AND Carriers, they will continue to go downhill in spite of being #thebettermousetrap

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    07-29-16 07:49 AM
    I've had a dozen Blackberries in the past 15 years, and I'd buy another in a heartbeat. However, I will not buy an Android whether it's made by Blackberry or someone else. When there are no more Z10's to be had, or BB pulls the plug on BB10, I'll be moving, quite reluctantly, to an iPhone.
    07-29-16 04:27 PM
    I've had a dozen Blackberries in the past 15 years, and I'd buy another in a heartbeat. However, I will not buy an Android whether it's made by Blackberry or someone else. When there are no more Z10's to be had, or BB pulls the plug on BB10, I'll be moving, quite reluctantly, to an iPhone.
    I too am happiest with BB10, and likely will be long after it has been deprecated. However, I would much rather have some semblance of the Hub on Android than the tyrannical (and barely usable) iOS interface. I am not challenging your preference. I just find iOS infuriating.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-29-16 07:17 PM
    Currently using a PPSE after spending time with the Z30 and Q10. Love OS10 but see the end in sight. Wife has been bugging me to switch to iPhone so that we can easily sync calendars etc. I probably won't stay with BlackBerry to use a slab touchscreen. If that's the case, I will probably jump to Apple. A great PKB BlackBerry (even if it runs Android) is the only reason I'd stay. To be honest, I love my phone but grow frustrated at the times where my BlackBerry has not done what I needed it to. Usually doesn't happen with my wife and her iPhone. We will see

Posted via my Passport SE
    07-29-16 07:36 PM
    No. Not with BlackBerry 10, anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 03:42 PM
    I have no idea right now. Love bb10 but it is going away. If they bring a lot of that to Android ecosystem I may go that way. May also go with a Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 04:56 PM
    Will buy a new bb10 when out (hope so), keep using current

Eveready Z10
    08-02-16 11:35 PM
    Will buy a new bb10 when out (hope so), keep using current

Eveready Z10
    Agreed, BlackBerry 10 is the #thebettermousetrap and I can't buy into the iHerd's #thedumbeddownsmartphonecallediphone because of the closed architecture.

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    08-03-16 06:24 AM
    I am at a point now that I will continue to purchase them as long as they produce a PKB. Who knows though how much longer they will be around. So which ever one is the first to happen.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    08-03-16 06:26 AM
    I'm looking at that new HP elite 3X. From what I've seen, it's a full on laptop, comes with a docking station that allows you to connect a mouse, keyboard and monitor. The price is up there around a decent laptop, so it better be good.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 07:33 AM
    I seriously don't know what I'll do. I never wanted a smartphone in the first place until I got peer pressured into it a few years ago when my mom, girlfriend and a sales rep put forth 200% peer pressure for me to get an iPhone. I refused to give up my keyboard so I got some android qwerty slider and was satisfied. When that that thing broke I discovered BB10 and got a Q10 and couldn't have been happier. Fast, efficient no nonsense OS thats easy to use if you actually put forth the effort to learn. Now I'm on a Passport SE and I love it, but The OS is being abandoned. So eventually I'll have to get another qwerty phone and it looks like BlackBerry will be the only decent one and it will be android so I guess that's what I'll be forced to do.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 08:40 AM
    Yaa thinkinh.. looking at BlackBerry right now, they start to produce a NON-KEYPAD phone..... which makes me upset..hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 08:40 AM
    Almost certainly not.

Android is not for me and the chance of another BB10 device is pants.

Having said that, I might get a 3rd and final Passport, as a reserve device - maybe in white. But if BlackBerry really want me to buy another of their new phones, it will need to be running BB10.

My next phone will, therefore, likely be an iPhone.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    08-03-16 08:51 AM
    Either a Nexus or unlocked BlackBerry for the Current OS updates.
    08-03-16 11:21 AM
    Now, with the BlackBerry Hub suite being actively promoted, I am much more confident about buying a new BlackBerry Android phone. Still love BB10, but will be fine moving to Android in the next 12+ months.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-03-16 01:14 PM
    YEP, I'd buy an STA100-1 if I could find one for a reasonable amount.
    08-03-16 01:45 PM
    No

They no longer build phones.
    They don't do enough R&D to make me belive they will ever be cutting edge anything.
    For most the time I've been a BlackBerry user, their hardware usually wasn't all that impressive when compared to the rest of the market. It was their software that made the difference.
    Never been a BlackBerry user solely for the "security", and I just don't belive that for me it is worth the hardware choices that BlackBerry will have to offer.
    08-03-16 02:21 PM
466 ... 16171819