My Z30 still serves me well and I have no desire to go #thedumbeddownsmartphonecallediphone, so time will tell. PRIV build felt good, but not an Android fan.

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    07-19-16 01:31 PM
    Well, I have BlackBerry every chance, having been a continuous user from 8900, 9780, z10 and z30. When I see diminishing support from facebook etc I decided to try Android and went cheaper end ( not paying �600 for Samsung). So got Moto 3g for wife and Wileyfox Swift for me. First impression on both...saturation adverts. Never had that on BB 10. I think.the problem.emanates from Google Play Store with every app download having attached ads. Can't get rid of them. So I now use Google standard and Firefox or Opera. Result!! Hardly any ads. Anyone else got solution.to the proliferation of intrusive ads? Has that happened with the Priv too?.(ugly ******* wouldn't have it)

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 04:02 PM
    Yes I would. I've got a Q10, but recently had to spend a day using my wife's Galaxy 5. It wasn't a good day. The Galaxy is great for entertainment, but is just frustrating if you're use to being able to multitask. And lets be honest, the Q10 is at the bottom of the OS10 gene pool. Even so, if you're working with a lot of text files and need to handle messages from multiple sources, it out performs the Androids.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 06:08 PM
    Well, I have BlackBerry every chance, having been a continuous user from 8900, 9780, z10 and z30. When I see diminishing support from facebook etc I decided to try Android and went cheaper end ( not paying �600 for Samsung). So got Moto 3g for wife and Wileyfox Swift for me. First impression on both...saturation adverts. Never had that on BB 10. I think.the problem.emanates from Google Play Store with every app download having attached ads. Can't get rid of them. So I now use Google standard and Firefox or Opera. Result!! Hardly any ads. Anyone else got solution.to the proliferation of intrusive ads? Has that happened with the Priv too?.(ugly ******* wouldn't have it)

Posted via CB10
    All the Android phones you mentioned, with the exception of the Priv, can be rooted.

After, all kinds of adblockers could be installed. Adaway works well for Web sites, and exposed framework has various modules for removing ads from apps (check out MinMinGuard)

Nexus 6p 64gb
    07-19-16 10:17 PM
    I would but I think the next set of handsets may be the last.

We shall see.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-20-16 08:37 AM
    If it had a better camera, ran BB10, and could get to Google Play, I would. I switched from my Z30 to an S7 and am reasonably happy with it. The camera is great, and apps galore, plus I downloaded the BB Hub. But if I could get all of this from a BB phone running BB10 I would go back to BB right away
    07-20-16 08:43 AM
    Of course!....BlackBerry has stated it will continue to be supported as well as I don't require tons of apps. I use primarily for business, not as a toy (they have IOS & Android for that). As long as it still functions and updates keep coming to ensure things run smoothly, I have no reason not to.

Posted by BB10 OS...The World's Best OS!
    07-20-16 08:45 AM
    If/when I give up my BB10 phone (unlikely before 2018), I would seriously consider BlackBerry for a replacement. I have always been 100% satisfied with their devices (including the oft-maligned Playbook)

But, my hope is that BB10 will be the last dedicated mobile OS I have to deal with. I am hoping that a Microsoft Surface phone running Windows 10 Professional will appear in the next two years.

I am done with all mobile apps. They are generally poorly built, intrusive, and don't interoperate well at all. I will use any that I absolutely have to to earn a living, but beyond that I will just stick with Windows/Mac/Unix applications and the Web on a standard browser.

If I am forced to choose between Android and Apple' iOS, I will choose Android because I detest the iOS interface design and restrictions. If I decide to get an Android phone, my decision will be based on screen quality, I/O options, including media cards, and the feel of the device in my hand. Of the current Androids on the market, I would select the Priv over any others I have held.

But I would want to run the minimum number of apps from the fewest possible vendors. And I can't see doing it at all until native file management options are implemented.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 09:00 AM
    Yes i will! Only if it is a BB10 Os one!!!! No android crap for me.

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari and C_McD like this.
    07-20-16 01:14 PM
    I have the Priv but my next device will be a BB10 but I wonder if the device will ever see the light of the day!!

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    C_McD likes this.
    07-20-16 01:20 PM
    I will as long as Blackberry can upgrade the Priv to MM on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 05:38 PM
    You bet I will. In fact I just picked up 2 brand new "old stock" Q10s. And if no more BB10 phones are made I will most certainly give BBDroid a chance!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 08:33 PM
    Yeah if BlackBerry decides to abandon hardware I'm definitely moving on to another phone. If loyalty doesn't pay then it's better to be disloyal.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 01:06 AM
    I can't see myself without a BlackBerry. The reason I say so is because, I have tried both ios as well as android devices, and I really was not satisfied with either one for multiple reasons. So as long as a BlackBerry devices are around ill be getting another one.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 03:58 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Priv will be my last BlackBerry. It just doesn't have enough BlackBerry features to keep me interested and the hardware is decent at best. The build quality was sh*t on both Privs I have owned. I want my next phone to be water proof, have amazing speakers, a day + battery life, and top of the line specs. The Priv had none of these.

I would definitely buy BlackBerry android apps if made available however. Like hub or the virtual keyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-21-16 04:13 PM
    No, never
    07-21-16 05:15 PM
    I am not sure If I will buy one again. I loved BB10 but now since in android I might as well get another phone in my opinion
    07-21-16 05:29 PM
    I'll buy a second hand BB10 phone if my Passport and Classic die.

Will I buy a Blackberry with Android? No.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 05:24 PM
    I love my Z10. Best phone that I ever had. Facebook is a big part of it for my communications. The Priv is a nice phone but it looks like Facebook drove a stake into BB10's coffin. Sales on BB10,s are going to get killed. And eventually I think discontinued. What average consumer would buy a BB10 phone now with no Facebook? Lots of returns I bet. Does this make Blackberry a one trick pony with the Priv? 1 more month I'll give Blackberry to get my Facebook back. Probably get an S7.
    I live happily without Facebook on any device or platform. There really is a life without Mark

Posted via CB10
    methodinsane likes this.
    07-23-16 11:52 PM
    I want a real land line! Not VOID. LOL then I could use the cord to strangle all the rampant Pokemon creatures infiltrating my house!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 02:28 AM
    Absolutely!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 06:18 PM
    Sadly I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 07:51 AM
    Most likely won't be buying anymore BlackBerry devices. I may even get the Note 7 coming out to replace my priv. The priv slows down very often and after MM it keeps getting super hot now. This could be an android issue, I have no idea.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-25-16 08:06 AM
    The BlackBerry neon coming up looks promising. I saw the leaked photos and was impressed.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 09:11 AM
    From now on I'm only buying DTEK branded phones. DTEK by BlackBerry.
    07-26-16 09:14 AM
466 ... 1516171819