10-15-11 09:27 AM
87 ... 234
tools
    Just have to say, I'm NOT returning to BlackBerry. My iPhone4S makes my one year-old 9800 look like it's 4 years old. WOW. Just loving this device. Smooth, crystal clear audio, the display is amaze-ing, Siri is fun, everything just flows sooooo smoothly. Definitely worth the upgrade!
    Thoughts on iCloud?
    10-14-11 10:56 PM
    Haven't tried iCloud yet. Going to spend more time tomorrow playing around with the rest of the functions like the camera and stuff. I did toy with the camera a little bit and wow, that shutter speed is fast. There is no lag with it like on the 9800.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-14-11 10:59 PM
    Thoughts on iCloud?
    Works great so far. Only annoyance is it doesn't sync notes without a me.com email account. What is clever is it doesn't seem to sync items synced by another cloud server, in my case Google mail/calendar/contacts/
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-14-11 11:04 PM
    You made no sense. I'm not going to read this and try to rebut it, becuase I've already said what I had to say. You're just trying to save face.

Lol "Guess what, consumers are fickle..."

I think I'm asphxiating from laughter...

If you think I'm offensive, than that's your problem.

I'm glad I made you laugh but you have a weird sense of humor. I guess you think consumers are extremely loyal.

If someone says they'll never go back that's closed minded but that's okay. Even if no consumer ever comes back to blackberry they will be fine. There's still billions of people in this world who have never even owned a smartphone.

It's really not my problem that you use language that many would find offensive, but I'm sure you'll figure that out sooner or later.

But your right, I'm just trying to 'save face'. Thanks for the input.
    10-14-11 11:10 PM
    Thoughts on iCloud?
    It works well. Mail and everything Syncs super fast across devices. The built-in iCloud account is the stuff they made free from MobileMe plus the other stuff they added on top of it (iTunes in the Cloud, App/Media Purchase history, Picture storage, etc.). It all works pretty well.

It integrates with Outlook and Windows PC also, via a Control Panel add-on from Apple (Outlook 2007/10 only).
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-14-11 11:12 PM
    I am way to selfish to ever state that I will never try/return to any given platform.
    AZ87 likes this.
    10-14-11 11:14 PM
    the display is amaze-ing...
    The retina display is like HD on your phone. I haven't meet one person who isn't shocked by the clarity of the display alone.
    10-15-11 06:01 AM
    RIM caught a lot of flack for releasing the Playbook with missing features... Apple gets very little press when problems happen for iOS upgrades.iOS 5 Launch Becomes Update Disaster - Mobility - Smartphones - Informationweek

Maybe overshadowed by the RIM outage?? Or the media just hates bad talking Apple.
    well apple didnt get flack when the first iphone was released without a basic phone function(mms) or without a basic smartphone capability (copy paste) or how.. so why would their short comings get it now??? because they sell u beaches in arizona..... its ok... RIM isnt dumb... just because they have been silent and u havent seen their cards doesnt mean they are dying.. just look at all their acquisitions over the past 2 years.... everyone and i mean everyone will be biting their tongues when RIM shows their cards.... mark my words
    10-15-11 06:19 AM
    well apple didnt get flack when the first iphone was released without a basic phone function(mms) or without a basic smartphone capability (copy paste) or how.. so why would their short comings get it now??? because they sell u beaches in arizona..... its ok... RIM isnt dumb... just because they have been silent and u havent seen their cards doesnt mean they are dying.. just look at all their acquisitions over the past 2 years.... everyone and i mean everyone will be biting their tongues when RIM shows their cards.... mark my words
    Did you visit the apple forums during that time? I beg to differ. Apple users complain only you can't hear it because your too busy playing the victim.
    10-15-11 06:33 AM
    The retina display is like HD on your phone. I haven't meet one person who isn't shocked by the clarity of the display alone.
    It really is gorgeous. I'm in love!
    10-15-11 06:34 AM
    It cracks me up how a lot of BB users state that the users of Android or iOS devices are different than BB, implying that BB users intend to do serious things that matter more. Every user is different, but a huge portion of Android and iOS users have the phones for business and as serious communication devices, with games, etc not being the main purpose. I was a hardcore BB fan and user up until 4 months ago. I still watch the platform and help users out at work and online when possible, but I don't regret changing and there is little I miss. The extra capabilities and hardware are nice, and my battery life is great.

That being said, I do think iOS 5 makes it more viable for a BB or Android user to switch. Before 5 I would have never switched due to notifications alone. It brings a lot of missing features up to par. What will keep me on Android is the smaller screen on the iPhone. I think people that have wanted an iPhone will switch, but it won't draw out happy or even semi-happy BB users who don't care about apps or media. The BB has come up to speed in many areas, and many people just won't leave the keyboard and security. Plus the latest BB screens nearly match the iPhone screen dpi. They are pretty gorgeous.
    10-15-11 09:21 AM
    LOL why does beaches in Arizona keep coming up? Where did that come from?
    10-15-11 09:27 AM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD