What if I do not want to use android on blackberry ?
    silversmith75 and Omahahaha like this.
    06-03-16 07:55 PM
    06-03-16 07:59 PM
    You could use one of the existing BB10 devices.
    06-03-16 08:02 PM
    just buy blackberry passport silver edition hahaha it will definitely solve ur craving for blackberry I would like to recommend classic but its kinda laggy. haha

Posted via CB10
    SirSti23 and anon(9742832) like this.
    06-03-16 08:29 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you OP. I'm searching for my next phone and I just can't decide.

Posted via CB10
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    06-03-16 08:38 PM
    Deal with it?
    How about BlackBerry, one of the worst companies with public relations to announce if there will be a new BB10 product or if BB10 is dead?

Or is it they rather have customers still think BB10 is alive until those sales finish off the remaining stock?

Blackberry is an embarrassment. I still don't understand how anyone can still but their hardware.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    thedose and anon(3732391) like this.
    06-03-16 09:06 PM
    Blackberry is an embarrassment. I still don't understand how anyone can still buy their hardware.
    Those who like it, like it a lot and some are even buying extra devices just in case BlackBerry turns into a pure software company. For many, a BB10 device will do what they want, in the way they like, for years to come even if BlackBerry dropped support today.

BB, Still the One
    06-03-16 09:32 PM
    I really enjoy BlackBerry 10 but lack of fb app is kinda sad for me, I have used android since it's first canadian phone with bell the moto dext, I use social media everyday to promote sales with my business, and the mobile browser experience doesn't allow me to do what I want how I want. But other than that BlackBerry 10 is a perfect communication OS. My classic however is very unresponsive at times. Could've used a better processor maybe even the one found in the z30 could have done a better job. Android runtime is going to be needing an update if the OS even expects to survive another year with me.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 10:13 PM
    Blackberry is an embarrassment. I still don't understand how anyone can still but their hardware.
    Because they still got something in them. I can't speak for their Android phone, but BB10 just has that something that certain people still love to this day. If you've used (not just tried) a BB10 device before, I guess it just wasn't for you. If not, then you just gotta accept the fact that the OS still has fans.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-04-16 08:23 AM
    Those who like it, like it a lot and some are even buying extra devices just in case BlackBerry turns into a pure software company. For many, a BB10 device will do what they want, in the way they like, for years to come even if BlackBerry dropped support today.

BB, Still the One
    This^
    No matter how hard I try to convince myself that I may get by with an Iphone, I can't.
    I need my cellphone to work like my Linux laptop. Not even a Mac comes close to the functionality of a Linux laptop for an engineer.

A secure file manager, integrated with the email tool, built by the OS developer, not by a third party, is my most important "app".

Everything else comes second.

Android and its datamining is not an option.
    Omahahaha, jyrbain and TCB on Z10 like this.
    06-04-16 08:53 AM
    There are many out there still using and enjoying legacy BlackBerry phones. In fact, I'm using a 9930 as my daily driver and thoroughly enjoying it.

With that track record, BB10 phones should be usable for several years to come.

And I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that BlackBerry releases a new BB10 phone (or two) next year.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-04-16 09:03 AM
    There are many out there still using and enjoying legacy BlackBerry phones. In fact, I'm using a 9930 as my daily driver and thoroughly enjoying it.

And I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that BlackBerry releases a new BB10 phone (or two) next year.

yes it is. no more new BB10 devices are coming. I think that's been posted here over and over again.
    thedose and Mecca EL like this.
    06-04-16 12:39 PM

Yes, a new BB10 device in the future is a possibility. I really wouldn't hold my breath on it.

You could also argue that it would've been an admission that BB10 is at the end of its life if Chen had asserted that there wouldn't be any more future devices running BlackBerry 10.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    06-04-16 12:51 PM
    Have you tried the passport? Still a great phone.
    06-04-16 01:05 PM
    Have you tried the passport? Still a great phone.
    Too wide to be a phone.
    06-04-16 01:43 PM
    BlackBerry 10, has date of dead, when WhatsApp stop working on BB10. Dont waste your money in a BB10 device.

I have a Z10 and now looking for a cheap Android device, doogee Valencia Y 2 Pro is very good and cheap device.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 02:38 PM
    If I told you that a NASCAR racing team had laid off their pit crews, didn't renew their relationships with their sponsors, cut ties with their chassis designers and engine providers, and weren't on the schedule for tires and fuel, but said "it's still possible that they could race this year," what would you say?

That's more-or-less where BB10 is - the developers are mostly gone (for a year and a half already), they've announced that there won't be any forward movement in developer tools, APIs, QT, or the Android Runtime, and they've started selling phones with another OS. If they decided they wanted to make another BB10 phone today (that wasn't simply putting an old phone back into production), it would take 18-24 months minimum, starting with hiring of hundreds of developers, to make that happen. That's not something that would happen in secret...
    06-04-16 02:41 PM
    How about BlackBerry, one of the worst companies with public relations to announce if there will be a new BB10 product or if BB10 is dead?

Or is it they rather have customers still think BB10 is alive until those sales finish off the remaining stock?

The writing has been on the wall for a long time regarding any new BB10 devices. Unfortunately there are a lot of folks on CB who are living in denial.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    Mecca EL and thedose like this.
    06-04-16 04:15 PM
    A secure file manager, integrated with the email tool, built by the OS developer, not by a third party, is my most important "app".

Everything else comes second.
    ^ THIS

I do believe that they will get there with their Android software but, until they do, I'm tied to BB10.
    Big Pete1 and TCB on Z10 like this.
    06-04-16 04:31 PM
    I don't think we will see another bb10 phone for at least 12 months. I think Chen has been consistent there, he said he will decide after the next 2 OS upgrades. My guess there might be one end of 2017 to take advantage of some refresh from their govt and banking customers

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 06:27 AM
    My answer is "probably not." However, if we DO ever see another then it's a very good sign that the phone business is recovering. So add a "hopefully so" to my "probably not."

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    06-05-16 07:31 AM
    You have the choice of existing great BB10 phones. Or indeed the 9900. I am partial to the Q and the 9900.

However, you have to select the phone that meets your needs.

Other than above, there will likely be no new BB10 device without Blandroid.
    06-05-16 08:33 AM
    yes it is. no more new BB10 devices are coming. I think that's been posted here over and over again.
    No new devices in 2016. They haven't said anything about 2017 and beyond.

06-05-16 11:39 AM

Circumstances have forced BlackBerry to go android way. Whether I like it or not I have to accept it and deal with . It is question of survival. I have BB10 devices in stock which will take me to 2021 atleast and offcourse it will run on BB10 software. Being a BlackBerry fanatic I also have the Priv since Jan 2016. BlackBerry makes my day and I am proud to use my Passport which can never be a embarrassment for me.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    06-05-16 12:25 PM
    No new devices in 2016. They haven't said anything about 2017 and beyond.

"Your puppy had to go to a farm upstate, but it'll be back in 2017!"
    06-05-16 01:04 PM
37 12