I currently have a Z10 which i really like, and if there is any news about a new High-end "Z" i would rather wait for it than buy a Z30, Passport looks nice and it's a big upgrade for blackberry but i'm currently waiting for a new Z.

#TeamBlackbery #Z1O
    12-22-14 07:14 AM
    Maybe. It's an age old question, or at least it feels that way, that no one can answer right now.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-22-14 07:17 AM
    It's not looking very likely.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-22-14 07:18 AM
    I currently have a Z10 which i really like, and if there is any news about a new High-end "Z" i would rather wait for it than buy a Z30, Passport looks nice and it's a big upgrade for blackberry but i'm currently waiting for a new Z.

#TeamBlackbery #Z1O
    Yea this whole Rio business, doesn't have me very content. Actually I'm pretty disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem and kbz1960 like this.
    12-22-14 07:33 AM
    As of right now it looks sort of like the next all touch device is going to be a z3 with z10 specs (but a better battery).

So it might be a long time before BlackBerry releases a touch device as capable as the z30...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:11 AM
    It's like Chen wants us to jump ship pedaling this junk.

The Z3 was a flop. Why make another?

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-22-14 08:16 AM
    I'm jumping ship to Android for precisely the reason there is no upgrade route from my Z10. If only there was a Z50 or some such, neither the Z30 or Passport tick my boxes.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:42 AM
    Seems not

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:43 AM
    I'm jumping ship to Android for precisely the reason there is no upgrade route from my Z10. If only there was a Z50 or some such, neither the Z30 or Passport tick my boxes.

Posted via CB10
    What boxes are not ticked for you on the Z30? IMO I think it is also logical upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    12-22-14 10:02 AM
    What boxes are not ticked for you on the Z30? IMO I think it is also logical upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't upgrade to a phone that is more than a year old. Mobile technology moves so fast. The biggest downside of the z30 in my opinion is the screen. Some of the current android phones have stunning screens that blow the z30 away. When I saw the LG G3 screen for the first time I could hardly believe how sharp it is. The iPhone 6/6+ has a pretty good screen too - though not quite as shockingly sharp.
    blackmoe and LuvULongTime like this.
    12-22-14 10:24 AM

#TeamBlackbery #Z1O
    why not buy a z30 from ebay or even off here maybe that will keep you going until a new high end z is out (if at all that is)
    12-22-14 10:43 AM

that depends on where in the world it was sold ...................sold very well in some parts
    12-22-14 10:46 AM
    My .02. Yeah. The "Why" factor has been with BlackBerry for a number of years with regard to a launched BlackBerry......followed by a "Refresh" device with minimal, but upgraded specs. My guess is just a business decision- whether considered good or bad. I'm not sold on the Passport for me and since my wife and I wanted another All-Touch BlackBerry, I purchased two Z30s with absolutely no regard to the age of the device....same with my two Q10s. Anyway, this will give me some time to see what's next for BlackBerry once we get past the Passport and the Classic. Either way, it's a wait-n-see game for us.
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-22-14 10:49 AM

I think the Rio, Passport, and Classic offer a great mix of devices for enterprise. That is the focus right now.

A god-spec'd phone would not even put a tiny dent in the consumer space. That ship has sailed.

I'm still hoping that a higher spec, limited quantity, all touch device for executives (although probably very expensive) will see the light of day within a year.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-22-14 10:52 AM
    I wouldn't upgrade to a phone that is more than a year old. Mobile technology moves so fast. The biggest downside of the z30 in my opinion is the screen. Some of the current android phones have stunning screens that blow the z30 away. When I saw the LG G3 screen for the first time I could hardly believe how sharp it is. The iPhone 6/6+ has a pretty good screen too - though not quite as shockingly sharp.
    Yes but you have to consider the cost of a higher resolution, brighter screen. From CNET:

"However, in its LG G3 review, CNET discovered that the smartphone "is quite a power hog, so the phone will barely last you a day without a charge." "

It's always a trade-off.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-22-14 10:56 AM
    Wonder how much R and D it would take to release a keyboard less passport. Or would that result in a third screen format and be unworkable for that reason...

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-22-14 12:09 PM
    Unfortunately it's seems doubtful at this point. I really want a flagship Z and the Rio is not it. I just hope that the Rio isn't a tremendous flop and sours BlackBerry and it's participation in the all touch segment.
    12-22-14 12:31 PM
    Maybe. It's an age old question, or at least it feels that way, that no one can answer right now.
    Blaze can you guys really hammer BlackBerry about this issue. They need to know their fanbase wants it soon.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    12-22-14 12:46 PM
    Unfortunately it's seems doubtful at this point. I really want a flagship Z and the Rio is not it. I just hope that the Rio isn't a tremendous flop and sours BlackBerry and it's participation in the all touch segment.
    What participation is that?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-22-14 12:46 PM
    What participation is that?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    We currently have 3 "Z" models. So technically BlackBerry is a participant in the all touch market. Are they not??? I guess until any official announcement is made they might not be a player at this time.

My point was I just hope that they don't give up on the all touch market if the Rio is true, and is not successful. Throwing a weak spec'd device at the all touch market could do more harm to BlackBerry's consumer perception. More fodder for the copious amounts of haters. Even if it is supposed to be an entry level device, people and media will just bash it incessantly as another indication of how awful and backward they believe BlackBerry is.

Don't give the haters any unnecessary reason to perpetuate further BlackBerry negativity.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-22-14 04:22 PM
    If they build it, we will..
    12-22-14 04:29 PM
    We currently have 3 "Z" models. So technically BlackBerry is a participant in the all touch market. Are they not??? I guess until any official announcement is made they might not be a player at this time.

My point was I just hope that they don't give up on the all touch market if the Rio is true, and is not successful. Throwing a weak spec'd device at the all touch market could do more harm to BlackBerry's consumer perception. More fodder for the copious amounts of haters. Even if it is supposed to be an entry level device, people and media will just bash it incessantly as another indication of how awful and backward they believe BlackBerry is.

Don't give the haters any unnecessary reason to perpetuate further BlackBerry negativity.
    As I've said before, BlackBerry could build the greatest device the world has ever seen and it wouldn't even register a blip in the consumer market.

As long as they can maintain a niche presence in the corporate, government, and regulated worlds, we (as consumers) will be able to leach off whatever devices they may continue to make.

That's how BlackBerry stands (at best) for the next many years. I'm OK with that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-22-14 04:35 PM
    As I've said before, BlackBerry could build the greatest device the world has ever seen and it wouldn't even register a blip in the consumer market.

As long as they can maintain a niche presence in the corporate, government, and regulated worlds, we (as consumers) will be able to leach off whatever devices they may continue to make.

That's how BlackBerry stands (at best) for the next many years. I'm OK with that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    I don't argue with your logic and that seems to be the road we are on. I'm alright with that also. However, while building the greatest device ever will not register a blip, building a sub-par one will only hurt the perception of BlackBerry further.

BlackBerry's service offerings to corporate / Government, etc hasn't changed but the negative perception surrounding the company has done damage to Blackberry. These companies have chosen other mdm providers because it's users have pushed BYOD and people with decision making authority at these institutions have shunned the company. Furthering negative sentiment with perceived poor devices will hurt the company in some way. These companies within the Niche Blackberry hopes to dominate, will listen to all the negativity surrounding BlackBerry and may choose another company if they think Blackberry is still in a "death spiral" and might go out of business.

If negativity continues to erode the niche customers BlackBerry needs, we will not have much to leach off of. The margin for error is gone. Chen and BlackBerry can't have many missteps at this point.
    12-22-14 04:53 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but the Z30 doesn't seem that outdated to me at all. But that's because I haven't seen any sort of serious gains that I myself would value in the mobile space. Could it have a bit more RAM? Sure. Could it be a bit sharper? Great. But phones have evolved so far that frankly, as an end user I would see whatever the fastest and highest specced phone in the world as nothing more than a minor incremental bump over what I currently have.

Until phones can replace it, specs to me matter far, far more on a laptop where productivity for programs beyond the basics are heavily influenced by what you have under the machine.
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-22-14 05:17 PM
    I just hope Blackberry does not have too many products. By the way, Z3, Z10, ... are old naming lines.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:41 PM
98 123 ...