I Am A T-mobile User And I Have Only A Pre-paid Sim Card But That Doesnt Do Me Any Good When I Call The 916# For Att Customer Service Because They Cant Help Me..

Any Suggestions?
    01-10-08 12:57 AM
    Just a guess, but maybe call T-MOBILE or use this WEBSITE

To alleviate any confusion: 1-800-T-MOBILE. You would probably get more help there since you are a T-MOBILE user and not an AT&T user...Just a thought...
    01-10-08 01:43 AM
    I have to ask why would you call up att when you are a t-mobile customer? Are you wanting to switch over or are you having an issue trying to send a text message, mms message or calling a current att customer?

Charlie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-08 02:37 AM
    I have to ask why would you call up att when you are a t-mobile customer? Are you wanting to switch over or are you having an issue trying to send a text message, mms message or calling a current att customer?

Charlie

Yeah, can you please explain why would be trying to call AT&T for a T-Mobile phone? That doesn't make any sense.
    01-10-08 10:11 AM
    And on top of all that, instead of just looking up the number or whatever, they take time to post the question on the forum... baffling.
    01-10-08 10:22 AM
    1 800 search!!! Is awesome

01-10-08 09:18 PM
    Believe it or not, GOOGLE works well too! I find it unnerving that someone who is obviously in college would post a question like this. Does not bode well for the future.
    01-10-08 11:54 PM
    Well let me add something I have heard from a few years back that a friend of mine was not able to send or receive text messages to anyone that had att in the company I used to work for and a t-mobile customer rep, told my friend that nothing was wrong and told him to call att or have the people he tried to send to call up att and find out what is wrong! Well that was why I asked the question!

Charlie

01-11-08 01:42 AM
    Wai..., What?!? Who asked what question? The original question from Penquin758 was, "Any Suggestions"? That coming from an in-decipherable mess which I'm sure most of us didn't know what the heck was being talked about.

Now you, dmnall, reply to the post and say YOU asked the question. So which is it? Are you one in the same? Or are you two different people in the same body, Sybil like?

As an aside, if you structure you posts in a form that people are familiar with, such as using punctuation and maybe a paragraph or two, we would understand what you are talking about. A bit of history with the post would go a long way toward understanding also.

With that said, when you formulate a cogent post, head over here and ask these guys: AT&T FORUMS
    01-11-08 02:03 AM
    Damn no I did not ask the original question! I had asked the op in my original post as to why he wants to contact att! Sorry I did not make any sense! I am not the op here, I was trying to answer the person who quoted me and I was just replying to that person, however, not sure how to quote that person! Why would I sign up on any forum as 2 different people? I would not because that is lame!

Charlie

01-11-08 02:22 AM
    Sorry Charlie! (Always wanted to say that) I guess I confused the posts because of the syntax that was used. I'll tell ya, this thread is getting confusing.

By the way, if you're on a computer and want to quote someone, there's a "quote" button on the lower right corner of the persons post. Don't know how to do it from the BB yet.

01-11-08 03:06 AM
    LOL

to clear things up...

i bought a att phone off of ebay took a go-phone sim card from a friend to try and call att for the unlock code [[b/c they do give it free at the 916 cs #]] but it wasnt working.

ie i was trying to unlock it to use it with my sim card.

sorry it took so long to respond i was jut trying the suggestions without replying

but i finally got a nice customer service rep
    01-11-08 03:11 AM
    ps. thanks for all the advice

and sorry for the confusion

blackberry newbie
    01-11-08 03:14 AM
    Great, let us know once you've spoken with T-Mobile, and solved your issue...
    01-11-08 07:41 AM
    I think the OP is trying to call AT&T, isn't he?

Anyway, Penguin, AT&T won't give you the unlock code unless you have an account with them, normally for 90 days and the account in good standing, and it would be free under those circumstances.

If you have to buy an unlock code from a vendor, let me recommend HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center � They are trustworthy and reputable.

Good luck.
    01-11-08 08:09 AM
    Ok, I kinda see what you're trying to do but I can tell you that it won't work with a SIM card from a Go Phone, because Go Phones are prepaid service. Obviously prepaid service doesn't work with BlackBerrys so you're gonna have to go to the AT&T Store to get a SIM card.
    01-11-08 10:29 AM
    Sorry Charlie! (Always wanted to say that) I guess I confused the posts because of the syntax that was used. I'll tell ya, this thread is getting confusing.

By the way, if you're on a computer and want to quote someone, there's a "quote" button on the lower right corner of the persons post. Don't know how to do it from the BB yet.

I know about the quote, I just could not determine how to use the quote on the wap site.. Yeah this thread was confusing in the first place by the OP.. Then someone quoted me and I tried to reply to that person which is why I posted the second reply. Well it seems Penguin wants the unlock code and he will have to pay someone for it unfortunately. Why would I post about being a t-mobile user when I am an ATT user for the past 10 years...

Charlie
    01-11-08 01:32 PM
    After reading some of the posts on this forum, nothing surprises me...
    01-11-08 01:52 PM
    I have a good mind to delete this entire thread! I'm rather annoyed that one could ask question A, but really wanted to ask question B! Honestly...

Sorry, I'm just glad it's Friday...
    01-11-08 01:59 PM
    Oh c'mon, naviwilliams! You know we're supposed to be mind readers and know what people are talking about even though what they want is not really what they are talking about in a round-a-bout way and it should be as clear as the nose on your face that what they are asking has nothing to do with the solution that they are seeking.
    *whew*
    01-11-08 02:02 PM
    You know what, you're so right!

So, my answer to the original poster, is 'banana'...

01-11-08 02:14 PM
    Now if the party of the first part could resubmit the first question, and the party of the second part could respond to the first question then resubmit the second question, then the party of the first part could respond to the second question, then all would be right with the world.
    01-11-08 03:18 PM
    Now if the party of the first part could resubmit the first question, and the party of the second part could respond to the first question then resubmit the second question, then the party of the first part could respond to the second question, then all would be right with the world.
    pfffftttt on that! Then none of us would play any part in this "conversation".
    01-11-08 03:22 PM
    If today was not Friday........

Well, need I say more.
    01-11-08 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD