-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 7 Oct 2014 16:58:17
    To: RBC Royal Bank
    Subject: Other Personal Banking Products & Services

I would like to use RBC Wallet with my Rogers NFC enabled SIM card and my BlackBerry Z30. Does RBC have any plans to work with Rogers in addition to already working with Bell and Virgin Mobile to make this happen? Please and thank-you.

To : BBZ10WANNABE
    Subject : RE: Other Personal Banking Products & Services
    Date : 8 Oct 2014 09:58:55

Dear BBZ10WANNABE,

My name is Heather, your banking advisor and I will be pleased to assist you with your RBC Wallet inquiry.
    RBC Wallet powered by RBC Secure Cloud is currently available to RBC clients who are on the Bell or Virgin Mobile networks, and have an NFC-capable SIM in a supported device (check out Getting Started under How to Use for a complete list of supported devices.)

The RBC Wallet is currently available with Bell and Virgin Mobile, but it's our vision for the RBC Wallet to be available on any network and NFC-capable device. We chose to deliver the initial release of RBC Wallet on some of the most widely adopted NFC-enabled phones. We are continuously working to bring the RBC Wallet to as many networks and platforms as possible.

We would have liked to provide a solution to all clients with any carrier and any device, but because the technology changes very quickly, we chose a phased approach allowing us to bring this exciting new technology to a portion of our clients right now with many enhancements to follow

Thanks for contacting us, BBZ10WANNABE. We'll be happy to help you again if there's anything else you'd like to discuss.

If you prefer, you can call us at 1-800-769-2511.
    10-10-14 10:56 AM
    Good to know that at least they may bring it for Rogers
    10-17-14 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the update. Hope it comes.
    ReyDelMambo likes this.
    10-17-14 03:24 PM
    Does any bank app support NFC payments for Rogers/Fido?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 03:35 PM
    Yes, I believe it's called suretap with CIBC if I am not mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:04 PM
    I have the RBC Mobile Banking app on the Z30 on Bell.

I cannot get past the Wallet sign in screen, like the OP said. I get a message saying to call RBC on a 1-800 #. Which I did... and they acknowledge this is a known issue. They set me up with a "ticket" and said I should wait for them to call me back. That was 10 days ago. No call. So I called them on Friday. They said there has been no update yet... but the team is working on it. Grrr...

So IMHO they should at least get it working for the carriers and devices that are currently white listed for this app... then maybe they can expand it to other carriers and devices LOL

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 11:04 AM
    UPDATE: I just had a call from RBC saying the "Wallet" feature won't work cuz my phone wasn't a "Bell" device originally. It was originally a Telus phone but I asked Telus to unlock it and then switched to Bell.

She said they "may" upgrade the app later but now it only works with Z10's & Z30's sold by Bell, not unlocked from another company with a Bell sim card (Yes, it's a Bell nfc sim card, but still, no dice.)

I did complain about that saying I'd never heard of any apps that won't work on unlocked phones. That didn't impress her.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:46 PM
    I have the app working on my Virgin Mobile Z10. It was jittery at first, I had to reboot, after that it worked fine. Also I was confused because when I first logged in it was showing a card that wasn't mine. Took me a bit to realize if I swiped the pic of the card to the side, my card appeared in the picture. After that it was fine.

My Z10 is a Virgin Mobile Z10 though. It is a neat app if if works properly for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 07:53 PM
    Scotiabank just came out with it have to get the Suretap sim then only visa payments to start

Posted from my Z30
    12-02-14 08:07 PM
    Does anyone have suggestions for trust worthy e-wallets?ive got a Z30, I've got an NFC SIM card and I'm on a Rogers network.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:36 PM
    For Rogers, Suretap is where it is at. Unfortunately the Z30 is not yet officially supported only the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:34 PM
    Update today includes Suretap support for Q10 and Z30!! Whoohoo! I just may have to switch credit cards..

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 10:17 PM
    Update today includes Suretap support for Q10 and Z30!! Whoohoo! I just may have to switch credit cards..

Posted via CB10
    What ? Where do they say this?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 11:35 PM
    What ? Where do they say this?

Posted via CB10
    I received an update notification that said "bug fixes" and support for Q10 and Z30 but I can find it documented anywhere else. Perhaps someone else who has yet to update can see the change log and take a screen shot before they update?

I am completing the device registration now.. I think we are also eligible for a free $100 gift card if we download the Rogers virtual credit card
    12-09-14 10:45 AM
    UPDATE: I just had a call from RBC saying the "Wallet" feature won't work cuz my phone wasn't a "Bell" device originally. It was originally a Telus phone but I asked Telus to unlock it and then switched to Bell.

She said they "may" upgrade the app later but now it only works with Z10's & Z30's sold by Bell, not unlocked from another company with a Bell sim card (Yes, it's a Bell nfc sim card, but still, no dice.)

I did complain about that saying I'd never heard of any apps that won't work on unlocked phones. That didn't impress her.

Posted via CB10
    I had this same issue with Rogers, just went to Rogers store and purchased a Suretap Sim and all is working great.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:17 AM
    Also RBC is testing and will release it later this year their app will be able to do mobile payments across all carriers which will be sweet and the first bank to do that

RBC talks the future of mobile payments as it rolls out Host Card Emulation support | MobileSyrup.com
    12-23-14 05:14 PM
    I would love to have it on my Wind Mobile soon.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    12-23-14 05:19 PM
    Does any bank app support NFC payments for Rogers/Fido?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. CIBC, TD, Scotia, Desjardins, UGO and Suretap all support Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:26 PM
    I'm surprised that RBC is slow on supporting customers using Rogers network. Rogers is as huge as Bell.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:49 AM
    I'm surprised that RBC is slow on supporting customers using Rogers network. Rogers is as huge as Bell.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know that it wasn't rogers that said no since they partnered with cbc right away!? Don't be so quick to blame RBC. Soon they will be the first bank to have mobile payments on any carrier

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:02 AM
    Fair point. I was basing my point on previous comments made by individuals who had spoken with RBC representatives and the response given to them so, my point wasn't quick to judge but merely a reflection of the presented information. Another consideration is that RBC associate may have been misinformed by their line management for whatever reason and was propagated down to us. ....You sound like you might have some insider info. ...

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 05:04 PM