I have configured my BB Pearl to the point where it would be a nightmare to ever have to recreate all these changed settings. I have ringers assigned to different contacts, assigned exceptions to various e-mail senders, etc.

What I'm wondering is this ... if I upgrade my Pearl's OS to the latest 8100 OS, will it retain all my settings? Will it retain my email configuration for both BES and BIS?

In other words, after upgrading the OS, will I have to do ANYTHING? Or, after the upgrade, will everything be as it was prior to the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
    01-04-08 04:51 PM
    You will not have to update anything! However... I highly recommend you do a full back up just in case something goes wrong.
    01-04-08 05:44 PM
    I upgraded my BB that was configured for BES. When it completed it kept the BES configuration. I didn't have BIS accounts config'd at that time. So I can't speak on that. One of my users decided to update his, it was setup BES and blew the upgrade. The device was upgraded and everything was ok but we had to redo his BES account. So I would say it all depends on what options you choose during the upgrade. Good Luck!
    01-04-08 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD