This is a very interesting slant from the TECH web site " Seeking Alpha @"

I have posted the article as well as the link :Will Governments And The Military Embrace BlackBerry's New Smartphone - The KEYone? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

For many years, the BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) was the go-to smartphone for governments, the military, and Fortune 500 corporations. This was because of its reputation for security. Some of the BlackBerry's most notable users were United States President Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Now, these weren't off-the-shell BlackBerrys, but they certainly did pick a BlackBerry smartphone as the starting point for these very important and high-profile communication devices. Few other smartphone OEMs can boast that same distinction.

The newest BlackBerry smartphone, the KEYone, was developed, and will be marketed and distributed, by TCL Corporation. It is said to be the "most secure Android smartphone"

However, will this continued focus on security be enough to assuage concerns of espionage?

As it turns out, TCL is 16% state-owned, and Mr. LI Dongsheng, Chairman of TCL Communication, was elected as a representative of the 16th National Congress of Communist Party of China.
    The United States has a history of preventing Chinese companies that are even suspected of being state-owned from selling certain products into key industries. Huawei and ZTE (OTCPK:ZTCOF), for example, were under harsh scrutiny for their telecommunications equipment.
    03-01-17 09:35 AM
    That's seeking alpha no surprise lol
    03-01-17 09:38 AM
    That's seeking alpha no surprise lol
    It is a good point, the same thinking also stops the President from staying at the Waldorf Astoria.
    03-01-17 10:05 AM
    I expect the uncertainty of how long TCL and BlackBerry will both try and make this work will be more of a roadblock than TCL being partly owned by China.

I expect that at this point, most have moved on to other solutions, or are in the process (testing) of moving on... But maybe with BlackBerry in mind, IF they become a long term solution at some future point.

Right now TCL has to stabilize the hardware sales decline and then grow sales to some point (2 Million - 5 Million) where it's clear that BlackBerry can afford to keep supporting these "new" software solutions they have come up with. As they are so small they can't afford to spend money on something that isn't making money.

Think they'll also need some 3rd party testing (expensive) to backup some of their Security claims... and what the benefits really are over using other devices (even KNOX) with today's EMM solutions.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-01-17 10:18 AM
    Right. Security at this point is irrelevant... the government isn't going to invest in the products of a company that has been on a 5 year marketshare decline to irrelevance and then has effectively gotten out of that business. They might reconsider if TCL proves to be a sustained success with the BB line - but they're going to want to see results first, because frankly, the level of commitment from BB is pretty minor at this point, and government/enterprise is all about long-term support and stability.
    03-01-17 11:39 AM
    Right. Security at this point is irrelevant... the government isn't going to invest in the products of a company that has been on a 5 year marketshare decline to irrelevance and then has effectively gotten out of that business. They might reconsider if TCL proves to be a sustained success with the BB line - but they're going to want to see results first, because frankly, the level of commitment from BB is pretty minor at this point, and government/enterprise is all about long-term support and stability.
    A very big part of the picture is the US Government has moved on, period. BlackBerry/TCL can spit quarters in the end Google and Apple both moved to fill the void and both now have secure government only OS phones. My son who is in the navy has a I phone and the OS system on it is locked down and very secure. So no reason to try out a possible suspect company.
    03-01-17 12:01 PM
    It is a good point, the same thinking also stops the President from staying at the Waldorf Astoria.
    He's got Trump towers everywhere... ;-D

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-02-17 12:56 AM
    03-03-17 10:43 AM
    Are BlackBerry TCL Android phones NIAP certified? iPhones and several Android phones are certified so these will be on at least the US government list of phones to buy.
    03-03-17 04:28 PM
    Are BlackBerry TCL Android phones NIAP certified?
    No, not yet. And it's questionable whether TCL will pay to submit it for testing.

iPhones and several Android phones are certified so these will be on at least the US government list of phones to buy.
    Not all agencies require NIAP, but, sure, many will follow those guidelines just to be safe.
    03-03-17 09:44 PM
    same mistakes as they did before,consumer won,t care about security,no one give extra 300 $ just for the software.BB should sell extra software as optional,if I want to be secured il buy DTEK or whatever,they should sell this **** to institution if they need high security not forced me to buy.Same thing was happened with BIS BES,why force me to buy one of them I just need email some aapps to use, and browser,but no,they choose to block simple features,now,take this 0% market share blackberry.

Via classic
    03-04-17 01:16 AM
    No, not yet. And it's questionable whether TCL will pay to submit it for testing.

Not all agencies require NIAP, but, sure, many will follow those guidelines just to be safe.
    Ouch... that would put a dent in BlackBerry(/BB Mobile)'s "security" message and credibility... as if it could(n't) be marred any worse!

;-)

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-04-17 05:22 PM