This upcoming fall are going to bring 2 very important things for me. BBOS 10.3 and the IPhone 6! 10.3 is obviously bringing in some great features for BlackBerry smartphones including the Amazon App Store. I currently use a Z10 which in terms of everything but apps, I could not be more happy with. I want to see the quality of 10.3 and the Amazon App Store and will probably then decide whether or not I'd like to stick with BB or move on to IOS.

Is anyone else on a similar boat?

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-01-14 10:48 AM
    This upcoming fall are going to bring 2 very important things for me. BBOS 10.3 and the IPhone 6! 10.3 is obviously bringing in some great features for BlackBerry smartphones including the Amazon App Store. I currently use a Z10 which in terms of everything but apps, I could not be more happy with. I want to see the quality of 10.3 and the Amazon App Store and will probably then decide whether or not I'd like to stick with BB or move on to IOS.

Posted via CB10
    I'm staying BlackBerry baby, have done so for more than 4 years.
    07-01-14 10:55 AM
    Will be interesting to see if 10.3 brings more compatibility to the BB10 Runtime.... but I think with Google encouraging developers to hard code their apps to use Google Services, even the Amazon App store is going to be in trouble. It will really just depend on what apps you use and if you can live with the limitations that even the Amazon App Store has now... .and in the future.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-01-14 10:56 AM
    For me the decision has already been made. BlackBerry.
    07-01-14 10:57 AM
    Blackberry. I am pretty much done with apple. For many year, Apple products had a simple formula...bulletproof ui, elegant design, specs that weren't cutting edge, a premium price. under Tim Cook they have lost the first two elements of that formula.

I'll keep using my Z10 and replace it with another Z10 when this one dies. After that, if there are no more blackberries available it will be back to a dumb phone.

Posted via CB10
    pystha likes this.
    07-01-14 12:36 PM
    To the OP - I think there are plenty of people here who are debating the same. Regarding 10.3, the promise of apps as been made with the reality pending. The promise of the iPhone 6 hasn't been made yet. To me, that means that you should brace yourself for a bit of a letdown if the reality of Android compatibility arrives at the same time as the announcement/anticipation of iPhone 6. There's no more exciting period in the iPhone year than the month or so between announcement and shipment. If Blackberry were smart, they wouldn't release anything during that time.
    07-01-14 12:55 PM
    I have never owned an iphone, why would you choose one over a BlackBerry? Do they have good security for emails?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    acovey likes this.
    07-01-14 12:59 PM
    Definitely BlackBerry

Don't like iOS, especially not on a phone. I'd consider an iPod, but that's the only Apple product I'd consider

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 01:11 PM
    I love my Z10 and bb10 but miss some apps and my phone has been plagued with apps closing and needing regular restarts, still though I will wait for my 10.3.1 upgrade then either go z30 or iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 04:33 PM
    I have never owned an iphone, why would you choose one over a BlackBerry? Do they have good security for emails?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Because that's what everyone bases their decision on when buying a phone.......
    kbz1960 and TgeekB like this.
    07-01-14 06:37 PM
    I'll always use BlackBerry.

I have an iPad Air and iPod touch. That's enough iOS for me. It's fine for what those devices do, but in terms of day-to-day communications and messaging and typing, it's just not as good as BlackBerry.
    nhanken likes this.
    07-01-14 07:13 PM
    BlackBerry..... only BlackBerry
    acovey likes this.
    07-01-14 07:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I actually am! For me it's between Microsoft's flagship which will be in the fall, possibly the iPhone 6, and then a high end BlackBerry full touch if they have one. In reality, the next Lumia (or whatever Microsoft will call it) will probably be the winner, but I'm definitely not closed minded and will give all a fair shot. Those are the 3 phones I'm looking forward too.
    walt63 and kbz1960 like this.
    07-01-14 07:22 PM
    Once you go black, you never go back. Even if iphone would have a function where it makes jennifer Lawrence magically appear in front of me to have some fun, I wouldnt buy it. BlackBerry 10 is just better in every single aspect (except apps for people who doesnt know about sideloading snap, but the Amazon deal takes care of that).

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    07-01-14 07:35 PM
    I'm most interested this year in the Passport, the iPhone 6, and the next Nexus. I'll probably get 2 out of those 3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-01-14 07:52 PM
    I have already decided to never buy an iPhone.
    07-01-14 07:53 PM
    I cannot stand iOS and that hideous home button that Steve Jobs praised about - just not my taste. And I just don't like iTunes which I find so annoying so no Apple products for me. Every time I press that button, I just want to smash the i-whatever that I'm holding against the wall.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 08:13 PM
    I actually am! For me it's between Microsoft's flagship which will be in the fall, possibly the iPhone 6, and then a high end BlackBerry full touch if they have one. In reality, the next Lumia (or whatever Microsoft will call it) will probably be the winner, but I'm definitely not closed minded and will give all a fair shot. Those are the 3 phones I'm looking forward too.
    I've been looking at a Windows phone too. I'm getting the surface pro 3 this fall and a windows phone would probably be perfect for seamless tablet to mobile compatibility.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-01-14 08:14 PM
    I've been looking at a Windows phone too. I'm getting the surface pro 3 this fall and a windows phone would probably be perfect for seamless tablet to mobile compatibility.

Posted via CB10

I own a Windows Phone right now, and owning a Windows 8 PC along with it is awesome. All your services are synced and everything works wonderfully together. And the Surface Pro 3 is definitely a great choice. I'm also still hoping for a Surface Mini
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-01-14 08:17 PM
    Thanks for getting back everyone! For everyone wondering, I'm a 20 year old whose had a BlackBerry Pearl, a standard Samsung Slider Messaging Phone, a ZTE messaging phone, and the Z10 (current). I've also used an ipod touch for a couple years.

To those who STRONGLY say they will never ever use Iphones and mention your reasons, I admire your loyalty and it's awesome that your sticking by blackberry! I want them to do well too, I really do. But for me, it's gets a little tough now and then to be a 20 year old without the likes of Imessage, Spotify, interactive games, facetime, things like that you know? Of course I know there are workarounds but they're called work around for a reason... because it's not the real thing. I love my Z10 and I feel sorry for my friends who will never understand and experience things like the HUB, BBM, and all the little things that make BlackBerry better.

But sometime soon, I'm really going to have to look back and realize whether it's best for me (a 20 year old) to be on the bandwagon or hope for the best. Apple has the stability and device support, BlackBerry has powerful glimpses for the future.but no idea if it'll get there.

That is why this fall 2014 will be such an exciting time for me because I'll get to see things like 10.3, amazon app store, IPhone 6, and some of you even mentioned Windows! Going to be a great time

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 08:35 PM
    Thanks for getting back everyone! For everyone wondering, I'm a 20 year old whose had a BlackBerry Pearl, a standard Samsung Slider Messaging Phone, a ZTE messaging phone, and the Z10 (current). I've also used an ipod touch for a couple years.

To those who STRONGLY say they will never ever use Iphones and mention your reasons, I admire your loyalty and it's awesome that your sticking by blackberry! I want them to do well too, I really do. But for me, it's gets a little tough now and then to be a 20 year old without the likes of Imessage, Spotify, interactive games, facetime, things like that you know? Of course I know there are workarounds but they're called work around for a reason... because it's not the real thing. I love my Z10 and I feel sorry for my friends who will never understand and experience things like the HUB, BBM, and all the little things that make BlackBerry better.

But sometime soon, I'm really going to have to look back and realize whether it's best for me (a 20 year old) to be on the bandwagon or hope for the best. Apple has the stability and device support, BlackBerry has powerful glimpses for the future.but no idea if it'll get there.

That is why this fall 2014 will be such an exciting time for me because I'll get to see things like 10.3, amazon app store, IPhone 6, and some of you even mentioned Windows! Going to be a great time

Posted via CB10
    Bro not even hating but iphones effeminate you. Even if you lift. Want my advice? Go windows, or android or better yet stay blackberry son. Deal with the fact you can easily sideload amazon appstore and download spotify and don't be a sheep. Facetime imessage? People of our age range don't give a heck about that use snapchat, viber, WhatsApp, Kik heck even Skype.

Seriously you remind me of this girl that on graduation told me very excited she was getting an iphone. I asked her why? Because everybody has one and is stylish she told me. I told her well that is exactly the mentality of sheep. If everybody does therefore I must as well.
    Good riddance and good luck.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    Andy_bb_king, acovey and dehdude like this.
    07-01-14 09:14 PM
    No offense taken, and trust me I get what your saying. It's exactly the mentality I had and I've been keeping since having my Z10 for a year and half. I agree, being part of the sheep blows and isn't original, but facing them on your own is also not fun.

Some of your points don't really apply to me. Yes I value IMessage. Also, what do you mean it effeminates me? Haha if that's true, I guess 99% of the guys I see around must be feminine. Damn, how come I'm not getting more girls then..... lol

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:40 PM
    No offense taken, and trust me I get what your saying. It's exactly the mentality I had and I've been keeping since having my Z10 for a year and half. I agree, being part of the sheep blows and isn't original, but facing them on your own is also not fun.

Some of your points don't really apply to me. Yes I value IMessage. Also, what do you mean it effeminates me? Haha if that's true, I guess 99% of the guys I see around must be feminine. Damn, how come I'm not getting more girls then..... lol

Posted via CB10
    It must be your pheromones... not the phone...

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    07-01-14 09:42 PM
    I will be considering either a high end Windows Phone Lumia or the Passport. I will never consider an iPhone and I already have an android tablet (no need for another android device). For me to consider another BlackBerry device will depend heavily on the future of BlackBerry as a platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:49 PM
    I have been there. I gave up iOS for blackberry 7 and then bb10. It depends on the apps you use or you need. For me my Q10 is used for sms, bbm, emails, calls and occasional facebook time. It has awesome battery life to carry on task for a day even if my 3g on all the time. So I'm quite happy with my decision to move in BlackBerry. To me it has more functions for productivity and it's not that bad for multimedia as there is the music and video player. I'm quite excited what 10.3 will bring. I have lots of sms and sometimes I need to look for something. I just place search a word I'm looking for and it shows! Easy. I dunno if this is in current android and iOS because if there is I will tell my aunt about it. Heck we spend 15mins looking for an address in her sms. Quite frustrating.

via Q10
    07-01-14 09:58 PM
59 123