The average consumer does not consider BB10 because the media has convinced them that the company is already dead.

I had dinner with family recently; most of them were still on BB7 devices, and eagerly awaiting their upgrades. All were considering Android or iOS, because they thought BlackBerry was already done for. The TV and radio told them so.

I showed them my Q5 and asked them to consider BB10. Since then, one has just switched over to iOS, and is getting to know the all-touch screen. She could have been a contender for the Z10, but fear got in the way.

BTW, the Q5 may be the baby of the family, but the more I get to know it, the more I love it. It is a really cool device.
    11-25-13 06:41 PM
    Doesn't need to be current. Just needs to generate click-through revenue.

It's not wrong, factually. Sadly, the best way on the net to get eyeballs on something (and thus generate revenue) is to be acerbic. Don't blame the author. Blame humanity.
    Blame Fox.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 06:42 PM
    You're a real bundle of laughs aren't you?

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Wasn't it nighty night for you?
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-25-13 06:44 PM
    I mostly agree with all the article says, but it makes me feel sad that they can't ever point out how good BB10 is.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    11-25-13 06:49 PM
    So why does it need to be repeated 1000 times every year? it's tiresome old news.
    It's only tiresome if you read all 1000 of them and judging by the fact that you are in a thread with a title that points to tiresome old news to complain about how tiresome it....oh screw it...I'm not going to have enough breadcrumbs to find my way back home
    11-25-13 07:16 PM
    It's only tiresome if you read all 1000 of them and judging by the fact that you are in a thread with a title that points to tiresome old news to complain about how tiresome it....oh screw it...I'm not going to have enough breadcrumbs to find my way back home
    Beautifully said lol
    11-25-13 07:22 PM
    Guess blackberry didn't know what I, a consumer want...that's why I still have a z10 and I'm going to get a Z30 and anything after that...

I'm probably not a consumer though hmm, now I have to go think of what I am..maybe I'm a fanboy hmmm

Come to think of it when I reach 5000 posts I'll probably ask for FanBoy as a badge.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:31 PM
    Guess blackberry didn't know what I, a consumer want...that's why I still have a z10 and I'm going to get a Z30 and anything after that...

I'm probably not a consumer though hmm, now I have to go think of what I am..maybe I'm a fanboy hmmm

Come to think of it when I reach 5000 posts I'll probably ask for FanBoy as a badge.

Posted via CB10
    I have 5000+ posts, still not a fan boy. Have a z10, can't buy a z30 (not released except for vzw), and bought all the touch screen bb's since the storm. I'm a consumer as well, but like you, we seem to be a small portion of the market.
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-25-13 07:38 PM
    Its more consumers than consumer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-25-13 07:38 PM
    BlackBerry products NOW are meeting what consumers want. But the consumers does not know. People out there still think that the bigger the screen is,the more powerful the phone is.. People still does not know differences between QNX,Java,Linux and so on.. BB10 is a) powerful b) with potential c)versatile d) user friendly and easy to use e) good PHONE quality. Since Nokia time,that's what people ask! Semplicity,quality and quickness. After 2007 comes the "app era",but that's not what people want,that's what Apple want the people to look for.
    As always,it is not a problem of product,it is a problem of ignorance and scams.. People who sale are ignorant,big companies cheated on them and they cheated on people (for the most part-but it is not their fault- technologically ignorant). Voila.

Posted via CB10
    Intense Soul likes this.
    11-25-13 08:11 PM
    BlackBerry products NOW are meeting what consumers want. But the consumers does not know. People out there still think that the bigger the screen is,the more powerful the phone is.. People still does not know differences between QNX,Java,Linux and so on.. BB10 is a) powerful b) with potential c)versatile d) user friendly and easy to use e) good PHONE quality. Since Nokia time,that's what people ask! Semplicity,quality and quickness. After 2007 comes the "app era",but that's not what people want,that's what Apple want the people to look for.
    As always,it is not a problem of product,it is a problem of ignorance and scams.. People who sale are ignorant,big companies cheated on them and they cheated on people (for the most part-but it is not their fault- technologically ignorant). Voila.

Posted via CB10
    Wait...did you really just say that people don't want apps? lol
    h20work, m1a1mg, Drew808 and 1 others like this.
    11-25-13 08:15 PM
    BlackBerry products NOW are meeting what consumers want.
    False. The market has shown that.
    But the consumers does not know.
    Based on your first comment, it would seem more like you don't know.
    People out there still think that the bigger the screen is,the more powerful the phone is.
    Thats because its generally true, except in the case of the Z30
    People still does not know differences between QNX,Java,Linux and so on..
    That's the point. They don't need to know. It's only people here on CB who think this is important.
    What they do need to know is does it have this app, what else can I do with it, and will the company be around for the long haul.
    BB10 is a) powerful b) with potential c)versatile d) user friendly and easy to use e) good PHONE quality.
    All subjective.
    Since Nokia time,that's what people ask! Semplicity,quality and quickness.
    LOL Really? Where?
    After 2007 comes the "app era",but that's not what people want,that's what Apple want the people to look for.
    There were quite a few apps stores before Apple's app store. There was Handango, Palm, PocketPC etc. If people didn't want, they wouldn't buy it. Case in point: Blackberry. You're shortsighted on that one.
    As always,it is not a problem of product,it is a problem of ignorance and scams..
    Nope. There is a problem with the current Blackberry product. The hardware doesn't stand up in today's smartphone race. Yes there is a scam, and it was perpetrated by Blackberry selling last year tech at this year's prices. Very few fell for it.
    People who sale are ignorant,big companies cheated on them and they cheated on people (for the most part-but it is not their fault- technologically ignorant). Voila.
    This is were reality starts to slip and fantasy begins.
    h20work, m1a1mg, Drew808 and 3 others like this.
    11-25-13 08:29 PM
    Apps are so last year, it's all about NFC now.
    ajst222 and Karan Mohal like this.
    11-25-13 08:38 PM
    If it does then it should. They're the same question...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:16 PM
    Haters gonna hate

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-25-13 09:34 PM
    Actually the story from Globe and Mail,
    Inside the fall of BlackBerry, basically says that Mike Lazaridis did indeed recognize the threat of iPhone and was hoping it didn't catch on. However, this sentiment was only expressed internally and publicly Mike put on a brave face and pretended iPhone was no threat whatsoever. So the problem wasn't so much as recognizing the threat, but the response to it, and subsequent lack of execution. BBs first response to iPhone was the Storm in 2008. Had the Storm been successful, one can only imagine how things may have turned out differently.

After making mistake after mistake after mistake, if BB should fail, they will no one to blame but themselves. Lets get real, it has been mainly the inferior products as the root cause. I know many people here will disagree, but they simply aren't being objective.
    m1a1mg and TGR1 like this.
    11-25-13 11:04 PM
    ;-) I'm just saying they don't need them. It is because of Apple if they begin to look for them. Actually if the big names in the past years have started to better support flash and ask for better,well-done and supported mobile pages probably we would have never seen "APPS". Except for games. But they always exists. Even now,with so powerful smartphones out there,you can still do things better and faster with a cheap computer. And it is not about hardware. Or apps. It is,indeed, because of browsers. And multitasking. Because I can open a video on a page,pause it so it begin charging (streaming),open another one and update my facebook status and another one and look for a restaurant near me and look for reviews. Than open youtube and look for a vid,watch it/listen to it and back again to the first page. And at the meantime I can open my emails or chat with someone.. That's it. No..apps.. Yes,if I'm looking for hardcore GAMING I have to buy and install them of course. But if it is casual gaming: open another tab and look for a site that gives me the choice to select one of the millions flash games..
    P.s. I am able to do such things with my high-end computer but also with my old netbook: SINGLE CORE (1.6 Ghz), 1 GB RAM and no external video card.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:52 AM
    False. The market has shown that.

Thats because its generally true, except in the case of the Z30
    That's the point. They don't need to know. It's only people here on CB who think this is important.
    What they do need to know is does it have this app, what else can I do with it, and will the company be around for the long haul.
    All subjective.
    LOL Really? Where?

There were quite a few apps stores before Apple's app store. There was Handango, Palm, PocketPC etc. If people didn't want, they wouldn't buy it. Case in point: Blackberry. You're shortsighted on that one.

Nope. There is a problem with the current Blackberry product. The hardware doesn't stand up in today's smartphone race. Yes there is a scam, and it was perpetrated by Blackberry selling last year tech at this year's prices. Very few fell for it.

This is were reality starts to slip and fantasy begins.
    So..the market is obviously NOT what consumer really want.
    It is absolutely NOT true. A Nokia Lumia 520 is obviously less powerful than a Q10 and there are tons of full-touch screen smartphones that are less powerful. People have to know a little about software and hardware becuase you cannot really know what you WANT and NEED if you dunno what you are buying. As for cars. If I need a car becuase I have to travel a lot probably I have to look for something comfortable,that consumes little fuel and a car I can trust for long runs.. If I know nothing about cars I cannot make a good choice,as for a smartphone. Or a phone.
    For what hardware is concerned,just read my post above and look what a pc with fedora installed on it can do. And yes,it is single core. Yes,with just 1 GB of ram. And yes,it is capable of multitasking more than a samsung S4.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 03:00 AM
    Maybe a bit off topic, maybe not.

I just strongly believe that BBRY releasing an ultra-sexy large screen keyboard phone, plus a slightly further improved 10.2.1.xxxx, to include all (most?) of the beloved BBOS convenience features, would create a big sigh of relief in the still existing community of ~60 millions of BBOS users, and make MANY of them upgrade to BB10.

On top of that, continue good & hard work to release great touch only phones like the Z30, and make installing/running Android apps even smoother and easier.

Last but not least, get rid of the incapable CMO (done!), and find new ways to tell the market what your products are capable of.

And success might return.
    11-26-13 07:47 AM
    Actually if the big names in the past years have started to better support flash and ask for better,well-done and supported mobile pages probably we would have never seen "APPS".
    Adobe Flash must die. It is a security nightmare with holes found almost daily.
    11-26-13 08:05 AM
    So..the market is obviously NOT what consumer really want.
    It is absolutely NOT true. A Nokia Lumia 520 is obviously less powerful than a Q10 and there are tons of full-touch screen smartphones that are less powerful. People have to know a little about software and hardware becuase you cannot really know what you WANT and NEED if you dunno what you are buying. As for cars. If I need a car becuase I have to travel a lot probably I have to look for something comfortable,that consumes little fuel and a car I can trust for long runs.. If I know nothing about cars I cannot make a good choice,as for a smartphone. Or a phone.
    For what hardware is concerned,just read my post above and look what a pc with fedora installed on it can do. And yes,it is single core. Yes,with just 1 GB of ram. And yes,it is capable of multitasking more than a samsung S4.
    I've read your two recent post.
    For me, personally they don't make a bit of sense. You tie in cars, desktops, laptops but for me what totally killed it was your reference for support of flash.
    Therefore I will leave it to others to try and decipher the meaning, if there is any.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 11-26-13 at 12:35 PM.
    11-26-13 10:00 AM
    Well he's technically speaking the truth (although at a aggressive manner), but I don't agree when he says that the new competitor OS (BB10) is generations behind iOS/Android. Sure it's missing some features, but they are coming at fast speed

Posted via CB10
    what features exactly?!
    11-26-13 10:25 AM
    I've read your two recent post.
    For me, personally they don't make a bit of sense. You tie in cars, desktops, laptops but for me what totally killed it was your reference for support of flash.
    Therefore I will leave it to others to try and decipher the meaning, if there is any.
    uhhhm...'scuse me?
    Neither did I talk about cars nor laptos, nor did I mention flash in any of my posts, if I remember correctly.
    11-26-13 10:41 AM
    Maybe a bit off topic, maybe not.

I just strongly believe that BBRY releasing an ultra-sexy large screen keyboard phone, plus a slightly further improved 10.2.1.xxxx, to include all (most?) of the beloved BBOS convenience features, would create a big sigh of relief in the still existing community of ~60 millions of BBOS users, and make MANY of them upgrade to BB10.

On top of that, continue good & hard work to release great touch only phones like the Z30, and make installing/running Android apps even smoother and easier.

Last but not least, get rid of the incapable CMO (done!), and find new ways to tell the market what your products are capable of.

And success might return.

Are you saying the Q10 is too small and not sexy and that is whey millions of BBOS users are ignoring it??

It has been shown that the percentage of legacy BBOS users are owners of small, very unsexy CURVES (sexy name maybe). PRICE and FEATURES (lack of BIS) is what has stopped a large percentage of users from converting over to BB10 in developing markets. Lack of Government/Enterprise adoption is what has stopped most of the rest... the FANS have joined and that is about it. As far as we know, BIS is not coming back.... But I still think that if BlackBerry offered a inexpensive BES/Exchange hosting... it would be very popular!
    11-26-13 11:03 AM
    uhhhm...'scuse me?
    Neither did I talk about cars nor laptos, nor did I mention flash in any of my posts, if I remember correctly.
    My bad and my apology. I quoted you in error. I have corrected the post.
    11-26-13 12:26 PM
138 ... 23456