Apparently, BlackBerry and google teamed up:

BlackBerry, Google Team Up To Secure Android Phones - WSJ

Will we see Google Play Services on BlackBerry 10 devices soon?
    02-27-15 11:50 AM
    I hope we do. I need the official snapchat app. I'm carrying two phones now because of this. ...

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 11:57 AM
    No: Google Play Services are a completely different issue than BES management of Android devices.
    02-27-15 11:58 AM
    Think you are blowing the whole "teaming" up out of proportion.
    02-27-15 11:59 AM
    It's still a possibility, maybe a small chance, maybe one day... This could be some sort of stepping stone. There are a lot of cloud services/apps that use Google+ and personally I hate seeing the "This app won't run without Google Play services, which are missing from your phone." message.
    02-27-15 12:04 PM
    Of course Google Play and BlackBerry BES are different services, but it Google owns Google Play and BlackBerry owns BES and BlackBerry is helping Google with its Android phones, then why can't Google help BlackBerry with Google services? Just saying, anything could be negotiated for the right price. In this case helping Google make better Android phones for business is the pay.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:05 PM
    Hmm, BlackBerry can supply security expertise to Google in exchange for Google Play Services access? If so, BlackBerry better upgrade its hardware specs on future devices do that Android apps can run more smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:05 PM
    You might want to read this:

As others have said, Google working to help the top EDM providers to integrate Android For Work is a completely different issue from access to Google Play. Google's entire Android strategy is built on their control over Google Play Services, and they have agreements in place with nearly 200 OEMs for Play Services that would essentially be invalidated if Google let a non-compliant vendor have access. Those vendors control over 80% of the market - why would Google risk angering them (and hundreds of lawsuits from them) for a vendor that controls 0.4% of the market?
    Avenzuno and tdawg00 like this.
    02-27-15 02:23 PM