Sure will... if I have to come there and sell em myself!

AmaZ30ed by my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-22-14 08:36 PM
    Everyday is a constant struggle against the forces of stupidity, because stupidity and ignorance are in the majority.
    Have you ever worked in computer support? Sounds a lot like it...

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    03-23-14 09:07 AM
    I believe many businesses in the U.S. will continue to use Blackberry as they feel comfortable with it. Many others have and will move on. I'm not sure Blackberry will ever have the numbers they once did.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-23-14 09:20 AM
    They'll have presence in some way, shape, or form.

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk
    03-23-14 09:23 AM
    Q20 will be chens baby. I suspect he will have reached out to carriers and made sure his reps hit them hard in terms of training and promotion.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:52 PM
    Hmmm.
    I recall reading numerous threads about the same subject 1 year ago. 2 years ago. 3 years ago........................
    Yah I kinda was here too...

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-23-14 01:03 PM
    You are bang on and one of few who can see through the propaganda and see the obvious. Only the elite will be allowed to use BlackBerry made phones. Elite being rich, government and elite business interests enterprise. Americans are NOT ALLOWED to own and use BlackBerry. How do they do that in the Lmfao land of the free? It's called propaganda and repeat the big lie over and over until it is repeated by the masses. The year is 1984 but people are clueless

Posted via CB10
    That's a bit extreme, don't you think?
    I'm not elite or powerful. Just a regular consumer. I'll be getting the Q20 to upgrade from my Q10.

Elite1 likes this.
    03-23-14 01:06 PM
    Smh. Millions of Americans used Blackberry's years ago. Their needs changed, and blackberry didn't.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    But that doesn't sound as good. Lol.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-23-14 02:19 PM
    That's a bit extreme, don't you think?
    I'm not elite or powerful. Just a regular consumer. I'll be getting the Q20 to upgrade from my Q10.

Not if the government doesn't want you to. There's a conspiracy against blackberry you know.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-23-14 02:20 PM
    OP earned himself a week off from the forum. Anyone else feel like time off?

Knock off the personal attacks.
    BigBadWulf and Elite1 like this.
    03-23-14 03:00 PM
    They'll have prechannsursome waae, or fllrm.

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk
    I think I depend on what one means by presence marty. In my book they are already gone and have no meaningful presence. The company is a shell of what it was. In terms of employees, management, products, support, and finances.

On a side note, I always find it funny that people crow here about bb still being "alive" - which it really is in name-only as I mention above. I happened to predict this for quite a while, I'm not sure who exactly predicted they would specifically be gone even in name... But really that person was right since if bb had their way they'd have been bought long ago. They publicly wanted to be bought so credit to those who predicted it would be that bad last year.

In any case now, the situation will get "worse" in the us and other countries. Sales will be anemic and user base will erode. The us is always the leader but the UK, france, Canada, Germany, etc will follow suit at their usual 12 months behind(or so). It's quite possible that sales will drop to zero in these countries in short order. (Yes, not counting John add and Travis from the forum).

So in terms of "presence", it will be worse but since I wouldn't call this presence, id say nothing will change. Except that erosion of relationships and channels will make even a fantasy comeback even more implausible than irt already is. I think cb will find their attitude changing as the bar continues top belatedly sink lower ( and let's face it, in one year we've gone from :will rule the world and overtake android and iOS, to: bb name still exists and maybe the z3 will sell in the developing nations. Of course even Chen is deeply pessimistic by cb standards, and has said some of this outright, but Chens word sometimes don't count here!

I don't think bbm has what it takes to dominate the market. Best case: they maintain a presence in developing nations strongholds - they won't do well in the mature markets. Even if they monetize it, it won't be near enough to sustain even a fraction if the reduced bb.

The z3 will be critical - as a revenue source and path to keeping their hands in those few remaining strongholds. But in the face of stiff compoetirtion, they will sell some, but not enough. What they do sell won't make much money. Qnx, while successful, also doesn't make much money. Bes as well, can only sustain a much smaller company, and it isn't clear whether they can get business to adopt it In serious numbers.

Thats what the realistic outlook is at the moment. Chen must run very lean in survival mode and hope sources of revenue and a viable business model appears. In short , their primary business is gone, and what they can do to make money is I'm sure an intense and primary source of debate right now. If nothing appears, they will shortly need to become even smaller, or break up into a few assorted small businesses.

The plane nose dive from 20000 feet in the last two years, this hasn't changed at all. There is no reprieve. The old pilots gave up any chance of pulling out off the crash over a year ago, and now, they've bailed out. New pilot Chen has jettisoned all he can, and also is resigned to the plane crashing, but his job is to try to crash it in a soft landing, and maybe turn the plane into a raft \boat that can continue its journey. However, the bb10 plane is never going back into the high skies no matter what.

At least we are guaranteed high drama and an eventful year. Break out the oil popped corn!
    03-23-14 04:51 PM
    Will BlackBerry have any presence in the US a year from now?

Yes. In my pocket
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-23-14 04:55 PM
    I'm not from the US, but the steps that Mr. Chen is taking look promising. Perhaps BlackBerry is headed in the right direction this time.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:59 PM
    It's anyones guess.
    So.....

03-26-14 01:53 AM
    Will pigs fly?

Via Z10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-26-14 02:07 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 02:23 AM
    YES BBRY will exist a year from now

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 02:25 AM
    I think it will be a small presence mostly selling unlocked devices. I really don't think the carriers will put up with more poor sales. It's a catch 22. They have to spend money on advertising to sell phones but they don't have the money to spend. Samsung spent $15,000,000,000 on advertising which is 3 times bb's net worth. I think they will have no choice but to pull out and get a steady stream of revenue before taking a crack at the market again.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 04:24 AM
43 12