09-20-13 10:10 AM
34 12
tools
    I wonder if me might see a sale announcement then...

Keep in mind what came before:

The 40% job reduction story came out, that is something that could be caused by BBRY and a possible buyer coming to an agreement earlier this week.

The Z30 was introduced in Malaysia of all places. A pretty quiet launch, without the CEO present or giving interviews. It was almost as if they TRIED to launch it without too much fanfare.

Why on earth would a company do that? One reason would be if they knew that this would be the last phone, and that the company would be bought and split up. But were still obligated by contracts and timeline to send the Z30 to market...
    They will have ton of Z30 inventory, so they have announce it or write it off. No choice really.
    09-19-13 08:34 PM
    The public IS stupid in many cases....Chris' article was spot on correct.
    I will always read Chris' articles, he does a good job of explaining things to the layman. That being said.. He does allow his articles relating to BBRY to be over forgiving. Smart guy, knows his stuff, but allows sentiment to cloud his ultimate tone.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    09-19-13 08:39 PM
    Option does not mean done deal. As a shareholder, which I am, I would be very disappointed if they didn't explore the possibility. I think people, media, analysts, critics, are all focusing on a sale but I feel it is only an option. It's not the only option.
    I got shares also, by the way do you sometimes wonder if you should have sold at 18, cause I sure as heck do. I realize selling is only 1 option.
    As you know as a shareholder, the stock went down when they announced the Z and Q in June, because supposedly investors didn't like how vague release dates were. The announced the Z30 with nothing about release date. Just on their website "Coming Soon ". Just my opinion, I think the big wigs should have brain stormed and figure out some sort of release, even if was to the carriers. BlackBerry faithfuls don't care we got our Z and Q right now, we'll wait. But with trying to get new people, I don't know if the majority will wait.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:51 PM
    No it is to provide the best outcome for the investors, the board, and the senior management. It is not to guarantee BB10 survives.

Posted via CB10
    Technically the goal would be to preserve as much investor capital as possible. The senior management have contracts that will be paid in one way or another.
    jh07 likes this.
    09-19-13 08:59 PM
    I will always read Chris' articles, he does a good job of explaining things to the layman. That being said.. He does allow his articles relating to BBRY to be over forgiving. Smart guy, knows his stuff, but allows sentiment to cloud his ultimate tone.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    well the tone thing is kind of got to me. When Adam and him wrote on the 12th about BlackBerry exploring or whatever, the responses were fitting to what the articles were about. The people could actually see that 1 of the options was to sell. Today is that people don't know nothing about finance and how things work, something like that. Then the responses were about how stupid people believe the media when they report BlackBerry might be up for sale. Stating that BlackBerry needs a partner, well that was another option for BlackBerry. I guess we'll see next week what's in store. Maybe it's not true, they got $900 million or so of inventory, or maybe it's not true that they expected to sell 5 million units and only sold around 3. Didn't mean to rant. Your response was in the middle of the screen to hit reply. I wasn't replying to you.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:33 PM
    I got shares also, by the way do you sometimes wonder if you should have sold at 18, cause I sure as heck do. I realize selling is only 1 option.
    As you know as a shareholder, the stock went down when they announced the Z and Q in June, because supposedly investors didn't like how vague release dates were. The announced the Z30 with nothing about release date. Just on their website "Coming Soon ". Just my opinion, I think the big wigs should have brain stormed and figure out some sort of release, even if was to the carriers. BlackBerry faithfuls don't care we got our Z and Q right now, we'll wait. But with trying to get new people, I don't know if the majority will wait.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on those thoughts...I bought in at 14.90 for 1000 shares, so I'm not too happy right now either. The release hasn't been very good for devices, so I hope the Z30 is better.
    09-19-13 11:59 PM
    Blackberry launched the Z30 with the absolute minimum fanfare. The lack of advertising of the new Z30 is because Blackberry knows the future sale of the company is imminent. Therefore, It doesn't make sense to spend millions of dollars on advertising at this stage of the game. I predict sales for the Z30 will be less than 30% of what the sales of the Z10 were for the first 30 days after it's launched, assuming the company stays alive for the next 30 days after it's release.
    09-20-13 12:51 AM
    All I really hope for is that the numbers are not bad.

Really that's all I want. For me, anything else is icing on the cake.
    This

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    09-20-13 01:06 AM
    Just read an editorial from a CB writer and I think it's very misleading, really makes the public look stupid in my opinion. It was posted 2 hrs or so ago by Chris, if you have a chance and read it. I'd really like to know your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    can you please link me to the article. not sure which one u are talking about
    09-20-13 10:10 AM
34 12