Next week may be BlackBerry's defining moment. With the earnings report and BlackBerry Jam Asia around the corner, will BlackBerry have any surprises for us to see. Maybe a reveal of their mobile computing for "The Internet of Everything" and possibly their strategic options. Next week through October will be very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bsavvy; 09-19-13 at 06:21 PM.
    09-19-13 08:19 AM
    Next week may be BlackBerry's defining moment. With the earnings report and BlackBerry Jam Asia around the corner, will BlackBerry have any surprises for us to see. Maybe a reveal of their mobile computing for "The Internet of Things" and possibly their strategic options. Next week through October will be very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    All I really hope for is that the numbers are not bad.

Really that's all I want. For me, anything else is icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    09-19-13 08:28 AM
    I don't see any need for changing the strategy within 3 months. They already said what the long term strategy is and will only change that if sales are way below their plan....
    And I don't think these strategic alternatives is anything real. Don't forget that some banks were doing this research for years... they only said that they do it without external support from now on.
    And despite all press rumors that is all what they said!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:33 AM
    I don't think it matters what Blackberry says their strategy is, right now. What Wall Street wants to hear is who will own what part of the business. Detailed and well thought-out strategies have a tendency to go right out the window as soon as an acquisition happens.
    09-19-13 08:37 AM
    Isn't the public declaration that they want to sell by the end of the month the strategy? Do you mean the alternative 'oh cr@p, no one bought us what do we do next' strategy?
    Tuco Ramirez likes this.
    09-19-13 08:43 AM
    What is there to lose if they do? They are inconsistent on delivering a complete product on time. I am hoping tomorrow and Saturdays launch of Bbm goes well.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    09-19-13 08:49 AM
    Numbers will hopefully be in line with the analysts.

BlackBerry is still growing in emerging markets and the downfall in US market was largely calculated in the last earnings call.
    Hoping for positive growth in the east
    09-19-13 09:15 AM
    They are inconsistent on delivering a complete product on time.
    "Inconsistent" is an improvement!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:18 AM
    I wonder if me might see a sale announcement then...

Keep in mind what came before:

The 40% job reduction story came out, that is something that could be caused by BBRY and a possible buyer coming to an agreement earlier this week.

The Z30 was introduced in Malaysia of all places. A pretty quiet launch, without the CEO present or giving interviews. It was almost as if they TRIED to launch it without too much fanfare.

Why on earth would a company do that? One reason would be if they knew that this would be the last phone, and that the company would be bought and split up. But were still obligated by contracts and timeline to send the Z30 to market...
    3Dee likes this.
    09-19-13 09:25 AM
    Isn't the objective of the alternative strategy committee to advance the deployment of Bb10? If they work with that objective, any sale or whatever outcome would be fine with me.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:59 AM
    I wonder if me might see a sale announcement then...

Keep in mind what came before:

The 40% job reduction story came out, that is something that could be caused by BBRY and a possible buyer coming to an agreement earlier this week.

The Z30 was introduced in Malaysia of all places. A pretty quiet launch, without the CEO present or giving interviews. It was almost as if they TRIED to launch it without too much fanfare.

Why on earth would a company do that? One reason would be if they knew that this would be the last phone, and that the company would be bought and split up. But were still obligated by contracts and timeline to send the Z30 to market...
    I think the quiet launch of the Z30 was just a cost cutting measure and believe that maybe they will use the money saved by the quiet launch to do more promotions or advertising when the phone is actually available to purchase.

Visit my BBM Channel at C00121065 for photography of the Great Pacific Northwest!
    09-19-13 11:07 AM
    I think the quiet launch of the Z30 was just a cost cutting measure and believe that maybe they will use the money saved by the quiet launch to do more promotions or advertising when the phone is actually available to purchase.

Visit my BBM Channel at C00121065 for photography of the Great Pacific Northwest!
    Let's hope so cause you can't buy something you don't know exits.

I sure hope they won't still keep us in the dark with their future for long. It's killing them. You don't buy something you don't belive in, especially if your a new customer.
    09-19-13 11:23 AM
    Isn't the objective of the alternative strategy committee to advance the deployment of Bb10? If they work with that objective, any sale or whatever outcome would be fine with me.

Posted via CB10
    No it is to provide the best outcome for the investors, the board, and the senior management. It is not to guarantee BB10 survives.

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-19-13 11:29 AM
    I don't see any need for changing the strategy within 3 months. They already said what the long term strategy is and will only change that if sales are way below their plan....
    And I don't think these strategic alternatives is anything real. Don't forget that some banks were doing this research for years... they only said that they do it without external support from now on.
    And despite all press rumors that is all what they said!

Posted via CB10
    Strategic alternatives, included selling the company, partnership and a couple of other bright ideas

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 04:12 PM
    there wont be any surprises. pretty much ppl know what BB techs are. there are no secret now a day. the sales probably worse than last quarter, but this time analyst probably more prepared. ppl in CB will say wait until next earning cause z30 just came out, same as last quarter when q10 just came out, and the quarter before that with z10.
    09-19-13 04:26 PM
    All I really hope for is that the numbers are not bad.

Really that's all I want. For me, anything else is icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    I think you may be in for a disappointment I'm sorry to say. They have already raised expectations that it will be pretty dismal I think, but the impact of that on the markets shouldn't be so much of a shock hopefully, as they were pretty clear about it before. Bad figuires are a given, I just hope the markets don't react as if it is some big suprise, as their expectations have been managed better this time.
    09-19-13 04:27 PM
    there wont be any surprises. pretty much ppl know what BB techs are. there are no secret now a day. the sales probably worse than last quarter, but this time analyst probably more prepared. ppl in CB will say wait until next earning cause z30 just came out, same as last quarter when q10 just came out, and the quarter before that with z10.
    Just read an editorial from a CB writer and I think it's very misleading, really makes the public look stupid in my opinion. It was posted 2 hrs or so ago by Chris, if you have a chance and read it. I'd really like to know your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 04:31 PM
    Isn't the public declaration that they want to sell by the end of the month the strategy? Do you mean the alternative 'oh cr@p, no one bought us what do we do next' strategy?
    Yes, and it would be difficult at this point for them to put another strategy out after that announcement.
    09-19-13 04:33 PM
    Yes, and it would be difficult at this point for them to put another strategy out after that announcement.
    But selling was one of the alternatives that BlackBerry stated.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 04:37 PM
    The strategy is a 3 phase plan:

1) Collect Underpants
    2) ?
    3) Profit
    09-19-13 04:49 PM
    But selling was one of the alternatives that BlackBerry stated.

Posted via CB10
    But it wasn't the only strategy. People seem to lock on to that as if it was the only option on the table.

Posted via CB10
    R Field and felixweber like this.
    09-19-13 06:55 PM
    Just read an editorial from a CB writer and I think it's very misleading, really makes the public look stupid in my opinion. It was posted 2 hrs or so ago by Chris, if you have a chance and read it. I'd really like to know your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    The public IS stupid in many cases....Chris' article was spot on correct.
    si001 likes this.
    09-19-13 07:22 PM
    But it wasn't the only strategy. People seem to lock on to that as if it was the only option on the table.

Posted via CB10
    Did you bother to read what I was replying to. Also said it was one.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 07:22 PM
    The public IS stupid in many cases....Chris' article was spot on correct.
    Well if BlackBerry releases that an option is to sell the company, why shouldn't people be concerned. That is coming from the horses mouth.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 07:26 PM
    Well if BlackBerry releases that an option is to sell the company, why shouldn't people be concerned. That is coming from the horses mouth.

Posted via CB10
    Option does not mean done deal. As a shareholder, which I am, I would be very disappointed if they didn't explore the possibility. I think people, media, analysts, critics, are all focusing on a sale but I feel it is only an option. It's not the only option.
    09-19-13 07:29 PM
34 12