So seriously will BlackBerry do away with there BlackBerry 10 os?? I hope they don't do that, is there a way of actually really find out the truth, or is it a waiting game??

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:29 PM
    It's a waiting game, but I believe BlackBerry 10 is going to be fazed out soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:35 PM
    I'm still optimistic... :-D

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-18-15 07:42 PM
    Waiting game but they will probably only support the OS if enterprise customers are profitable going forward on software basis. New devices will probably be limited to rehash of current devices

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:46 PM
    It's both. You will find out the truth by waiting.
    10-18-15 08:46 PM
    Based on what John Chen has been hinting towards, BlackBerry is trying phase out the BB10 devices . And it's because of the Enterprise users that they haven't. And every time he gives an interview, a little more slips out. Go back to what he said in the interview with Amber Kanwar in September and then again in October with Code/Mode.
    10-18-15 08:48 PM
    There is only one reason I'm going back to that interview with Amber and it isn't John Chen nor is it the Slider.

I'm optimistic for bb10. BlackBerry has spent a lot of effort to develop it, but moving forward I think that it will be maintained, but not a lot of effort put into advancements. I'm okay with that is it works great for me.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-18-15 09:34 PM
    You can blame it all on John Chen's wife.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-parties.html

It's always the wife messing stuff up for the rest of us.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    10-18-15 10:15 PM
    You can blame it all on John Chen's wife.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-parties.html

It's always the wife messing stuff up for the rest of us.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    Samsung as a partner now, hey, hey... :-D

(edit: she can have a Priv now, and keep that Sammy privy...)

10-19-15 03:03 AM
    BB10 OS always seemed superior to me and preferred using a BlackBerry device over any android or iOS device. I hope they will go on even stronger.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    10-19-15 07:41 AM
    There aren't any other devices for security including the Priv. So THEIR BlackBerry 10 platform isn't going away, sorry to disappoint. THERE is no other.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 08:16 AM
    The general user experience of BB10 is fantastic - it is so easy and fluid to use! It would be a shame to lose that and be stuck with Android's still kind of haphazard feeling UI experience (especially in the settings menus).

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 09:58 AM
    Definitely a waiting game. There are so many threads about this here at the moment but nobody has answers. I doubt there's even a clear strategy for it at BlackBerry.

From my point of view, enterprises are not just going to transition to Android so easily, there still are too many vulnerabilities. If BBOS/BB10 is not available anymore, many would just switch to iOS and abandon BlackBerry.

Therefore, at some point they'd probably have to determine whether maintaining that market does still pay off.
    Strategy wise, that doesn't even have to mean that they'd need to make money out of the BB10 handset division. Enterprise and Govt is a prestigious market for BlackBerry, so I'm not sure they'd be willing to just abandon it entirely, especially as they're also selling software products tailored for that market.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 11:09 AM
    Let's discuss this topic one more time.....I mean maybe we will get a different answer. SMH at all this rubbish on CB now.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    10-19-15 03:35 PM
    Android's deeply hidden bugs and security holes are a risk, danger and liability for corporations with security needs.

But, the other problem: it's not really about (actual) security, but rather about CYA, so it just needs to be have the certifications / be certified for it to suffice, regardless of (actual, proven?) real-world security different products offer.... :-(

I'm just putting this out... :-D

10-19-15 05:01 PM
    The other 30 thread the answer was No , but now that you made the 31st thread the answer is now

YES. BlackBerry is gone as of tomorrow.
    10-19-15 05:21 PM