I'm guessing with the new Blackberry subscribers, and the Blackberry becoming more of a consumer device now more then ever will their expensive app store cut back on the high prices. anyone have any clues as to when they will go down a bit?
    01-27-10 06:56 PM
    Why would they do that, if there's a high demand for them, why not keep the prices or increase em, that's bad business.

I know it sucks, for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 10:14 PM
    I wish so.
    01-27-10 10:53 PM
    I hope so too blackberry has the fewest apparently but still the most expensive I hope they target the younger crowd and lower their prices
    01-28-10 12:15 AM
    I'm hoping they go down soon cause a lot of the apps are pretty useful.

01-28-10 12:43 AM
    I only dl the free ones. I paid 327.00 for this damn fone! They got all the $ they're gettn from me!

01-28-10 01:03 AM
    Well, as they start to settle down onto OS 5.0, it should help developers to cut down on the amount of work it takes to make an app.

Right now, they have to take into account OS 4.2, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, touch, non-touch, 320x240, 480x320, 480x360, GSM vs. CDMA, and a lot of little tweaks for each model. It's not like you make one app and it's guaranteed to work on every device.

Hopefully, once 5.0 rolls out to all current devices, developers will have less work, and prices will come down.
    01-28-10 09:58 AM
    Heck I thought the apps were pretty reasonably priced. I use to have the palm treo, and there apps ranged from 10 bucks and up! I thought BB was doing good with apps for 4.99!
    01-28-10 11:15 AM
    I have no idea if prices will decrease in BB App World. I think the prices are already reasonable in the CB App Store, and they always have something on sale. Any apps I buy are from CB App Store, not BB App World.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-28-10 12:48 PM
    To me, app prices are where they should be. I have paid as little as
    $1 and as much as $30.

My take is this, if the app does what you need it to do pony up the cash.
    If the cost is too much then you don't really need it.
    01-28-10 01:11 PM
    As long as developers have to make apps for different OS's and screen resolutions
    etc the apps will most likely remain at the same price. It's been this way for a long
    time. But you never know. BeeJive basically cut the price in half recently.
    01-28-10 01:40 PM
    I hope so too blackberry has the fewest apparently but still the most expensive
    That's exactly why they're more expensive. The marketplace for our apps just isn't competitive enough.

01-28-10 02:22 PM
    beejive just lowered its price by half thats a good start
    01-28-10 05:45 PM
    To me, app prices are where they should be. I have paid as little as
    $1 and as much as $30.

My take is this, if the app does what you need it to do pony up the cash.
    If the cost is too much then you don't really need it.
    Blackberry users pay what is it like 10 bucks or more for documents to go i believe its called while android users pay aka I paid 2 bucks for it, i mean thats sad.
    01-28-10 05:55 PM
    That's exactly why they're more expensive. The marketplace for our apps just isn't competitive enough.

very good point here
    01-28-10 05:55 PM
    The other problem is that BB users have been installing apps from non-appworld for a long time...

It's a lot different than like the iPhone where you basically never had a choice in the first place. You have always had multiple choices (dev sites, 3rd party stores, appworld, etc).

So it's going to take a lot longer to centralize most of the stuff.
    01-28-10 06:08 PM
    Blackberry users pay what is it like 10 bucks or more for documents to go i believe its called while android users pay aka I paid 2 bucks for it, i mean thats sad.
    I paid $39 for Quickoffice for Symbian when I had the Nokia E71x. Luckily they refunded my money when I told them the device was defective and I returned it for a BlackBerry (I was within my 30 days).

I only had the Nokia for 3 weeks and did not purchase any other apps, so I do not know if Symbian apps are relatively cheap or expensive.

I paid $29.99 for DocumentsToGo Premium upgrade for my BlackBerry. It was on sale when I got it.

01-28-10 06:09 PM
    Symbian apps definitely aren't cheap and their store is far worse off in general.
    01-28-10 06:10 PM
    Symbian apps definitely aren't cheap and their store is far worse off in general.
    Ok. I didn't know. I didn't use the Symbian store. I Googled Office for Nokia and found the QuickOffice site where I purchased the app.

I really didn't have the Nokia long enough to check out Symbian app store.

01-28-10 06:13 PM
    i forgot about symbian lol, there big on the other side of the world so i often forget about it. But 29.99 OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME??, but hey if you need it im sure the cash is well worth it. i never new how awesome documents to go was until i got it, and i love it, and now i would be so mad if i had to fork over 30 bucks for it because now i need it.
    01-28-10 06:54 PM
    i forgot about symbian lol, there big on the other side of the world so i often forget about it. But 29.99 OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME??, but hey if you need it im sure the cash is well worth it. i never new how awesome documents to go was until i got it, and i love it, and now i would be so mad if i had to fork over 30 bucks for it because now i need it.
    I didn't have to pay anything for DocumentsToGo standard for the BlackBerry. It was installed. I needed the features of the Premium version, so I bought it. I was lucky to get it on sale.

01-28-10 07:14 PM
    I didn't have to pay anything for DocumentsToGo standard for the BlackBerry. It was installed. I needed the features of the Premium version, so I bought it. I was lucky to get it on sale.

so i looked up the current premium price up the doc to go on android, and right now its 15 dollars, 15 bucks less then blackberry so im guessing well im not guessing im sure blackberry is probably their primary users which is why you guys are getting the shaft on the pricing.
    01-28-10 07:21 PM
    so i looked up the current premium price up the doc to go on android, and right now its 15 dollars, 15 bucks less then blackberry so im guessing well im not guessing im sure blackberry is probably their primary users which is why you guys are getting the shaft on the pricing.
    It sounds like more Android users must be buying it then if it jumped from $2 to $15 in such a short time. I see it is $14.99 for iPhone and $29.99 for Windows Mobile.

01-28-10 07:27 PM
    It sounds like more Android users must be buying it then if it jumped from $2 to $15 in such a short time. I see it is $14.99 for iPhone and $29.99 for Windows Mobile.

well i've been using android since it humble beginnings over 2 years ago (google is never humble in anything) so that was over a year ago so it was bound to happen (the price increase).
    01-28-10 07:32 PM
    well i've been using android since it humble beginnings over 2 years ago (google is never humble in anything) so that was over a year ago so it was bound to happen (the price increase).
    You're right, though. BlackBerry and Windows Mobile are used more in business here in the US than Android and iPhone, and DocumentsToGo is more expensive for BlackBerry and Windows Mobile. DataViz is definitely charging more for the app on the established "business" devices.

01-28-10 07:36 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD