Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 01:52 PM
    If by that you mean, "discontinued and very little update support", then, yes.

Honestly, if BB's phone sales fall much further, it's very likely that they'll just discontinue making phones of their own entirely, and focus on providing their apps for other manufacturers' phones (which they're already doing). That way, you can get some of the BB experience and BB won't have to deal with hardware anymore.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-16-16 02:12 PM
    It'll probably be the same as with other Android handsets... Firmware updates would stop but apps would update continually.

*C5303
    09-16-16 02:13 PM
    Any product in any market that doesn't sell usually doesn't fair well.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-16-16 03:06 PM
    App updates..... that depends on if enough people are paying for that apps continued develpment. No hardware means that the app develpment has to stand on it's own.

$.99 a month isn't that much in my market, and yet I'm not going to do it. The notification system on my Droid gives me the ability to see incoming messages and to reply to them. Maybe I'm the norm, and maybe I'm not... time will tell. The real key will be those apps being "important" as part of a enterprise EMM "package". As I doubt there are enough paying consumers to make it worth a company the size of BlackBerry to keep up with.
    09-16-16 03:13 PM
    Yes, I think there being used as an example that the BlackBerry Android Software can be integrated to any Operating System.
    Once that's been accepted, why produce devices when it cheaper producing software.

A BlackBerry Fan
    Last edited by KNEBB; 09-19-16 at 08:28 AM.
    09-16-16 03:21 PM
    That alone is a reason to be shy about purchasing another phone from BlackBerry, regardless of operating system, if support goes as it is doing for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 03:26 PM
    That alone is a reason to be shy about purchasing another phone from BlackBerry, regardless of operating system, if support goes as it is doing for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but you would think that's a reason for BlackBerry to continue support of BlackBerry10, (to show customer support loyalty to future prospective Blackberry software customers).
    Oh well....

A BlackBerry Fan
    09-16-16 03:43 PM
    That may be true if you're the type of person who buys a phone and uses it for 2-4 years before upgrading. If you're the type who buys a new phone every year (as a lot of people are), then it wouldn't matter, because by the time you might be impacted by a lack of support, you're ready to move to the next device anyway. And with Android (especially if you're using cloud services), moving from one Android device to another, even from different manufacturers, is a breeze.

The last time I upgraded, I only had to log in and let all of my apps reinstall, along with their data. Only one of the 100 or so apps I have on my phone didn't support cloud-stored data and required me to manually copy the data from my old phone - and that app has since been updated.
    09-16-16 05:41 PM
    But for dtek50 there is no launching date to sell in Malaysia , same network company like digi, maxis and celcom there is no promotion for the user.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 06:26 PM
    They have to receive 2 years of support which is mandatory I think.
    After that it's up to Blackberry
    09-20-16 08:03 AM
    Of course.

Posted via CB10 Powered by  QNX
    09-20-16 08:15 AM
    Maybe, but give me the DTEK60 with Snapdragon 820, QHD screen, 4GB ram, 32GB storage, both 21 and 8MP cameras, usb-c, and hardened-Nougat, and I can live with that.
    09-20-16 08:30 AM
    Maybe, but give me the DTEK60 with Snapdragon 820, QHD screen, 4GB ram, 32GB storage, both 21 and 8MP cameras, usb-c, and hardened-Nougat, and I can live with that.
    Haha ... agreed. But the question is, how long can you live with that? It all depends on the timeframe. That may not be sufficient in 5 years.
    09-20-16 09:01 AM
    Haha ... agreed. But the question is, how long can you live with that? It all depends on the timeframe. That may not be sufficient in 5 years.
    Truth be told, I've never held onto a phone for more than 2 years. Z30, Passport, Priv - that's 3 in 3 years. Z10 was 7 months before that. 9900 was 1.5 years before that.
    09-20-16 09:19 AM
    App updates..... that depends on if enough people are paying for that apps continued develpment. No hardware means that the app develpment has to stand on it's own.

$.99 a month isn't that much in my market, and yet I'm not going to do it. The notification system on my Droid gives me the ability to see incoming messages and to reply to them. Maybe I'm the norm, and maybe I'm not... time will tell. The real key will be those apps being "important" as part of a enterprise EMM "package". As I doubt there are enough paying consumers to make it worth a company the size of BlackBerry to keep up with.
    I find that the notifications on my Samsung to be too generic. I dislike the Samsung's mail program as well.
    With the launcher you can set up the Hub as a widget or sweep up from the icon to see and respond to multiple mail accounts or texts. You also get the handy splat.

The launcher is good as well. For my self, I think that 99 cents is no big deal. A person can always unsubscribe if they do not value the product.

I do agree that the BlackBerry suite will mainly appeal to former BB10 users. If they could get past their licencing issues and package up the keyboard too they might get more traction. A one time fee of $9.99 for the suite of apps seems reasonable to me.
    09-20-16 10:20 AM