A friend said she ditched her Iphone thing an bought a Bold. I asked her why she did not go with BB10. She said that she didn't need all those bells and whistles, the Bold was for her work. I wondered if a lot of other people were doing that so I went to Stats Counter and BB today represents almost 30 % of the mobile OS in Canada. Apple is slipping and really not all that far ahead. Will BB be number one again in Canada by year end?
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    07-04-13 01:37 PM
    It's a beautiful thing. I quite like it as a line graph as well.

Blackberry being the dark green one . Hopefully this trend holds over the coming months.

WIll BB be number one in Canada by year end, Blackberry catching up to Apple in Canada-statcounter-mobile_os-ca-daily-20130404-20130704.jpg
    07-04-13 01:44 PM
    Not to hijack your thread, but it might be heading in the same direction in the UK:

WIll BB be number one in Canada by year end, Blackberry catching up to Apple in Canada-statcounter-mobile_os-gb-daily-20130404-20130704.jpg
    07-04-13 01:46 PM
    Not to hijack your thread, but it might be heading in the same direction in the UK:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StatCounter-mobile_os-GB-daily-20130404-20130704.jpg 
Views:	1208 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	178941
    Good! Good! Good!
    dusdal likes this.
    07-04-13 02:02 PM
    Lovely stuff. Slow and steady BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 05:12 PM
    Not even a remote chance that BB catches up to anyone in Canada. You just have to talk with sellers. If you came back with multiple sell through narratives maybe. Just compare the interest on Google Trends with any top tier device compared to the Z10 or Q10.
    richardat likes this.
    07-04-13 05:27 PM
    This feels like a deja vu thread.
    aniym, h20work and richardat like this.
    07-04-13 05:29 PM
    Except we all know now that it's not BB10 that is making it climb up, not with only 2.7 millions shipped.
    richardat likes this.
    07-04-13 05:34 PM
    Except we all know now that it's not BB10 that is making it climb up, not with only 2.7 millions shipped.
    The upswing noted on those particular graphs are from June onward. The cutoff for the last ER was June 2nd.
    07-04-13 05:52 PM
    This feels like a deja vu thread.
    Well...

It certainly does now.
    LazyEvul, h20work, dusdal and 1 others like this.
    07-04-13 06:43 PM
    It should be a leader in Canada very soon...4 more devices to go.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    07-04-13 10:05 PM
    What is the OP smoking? Outside of the three largest metropolitan areas, BlackBerry is nowhere near #1...especially with BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    richardat and Bbnivende like this.
    07-05-13 12:17 AM
    With BlackBerry's flagship device coming out later this year, we won't feel the full impact if BB10 until possibly next year. I think it's a real possibility that bb could rise to number one in a lot of regions.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 05:13 AM
    Figures lie and liars figure.
    BlackBerry will have trouble sustaining at #3. Even in Canada.
    Wasn't this graph debunked in another thread.
    Well, it's OK - if it makes the faithful happy. It uses pretty colours.
    07-05-13 05:23 AM
    Not this nonsense again...anyone with half a brain can see the problem with that graph. BB shot up 16% overnight on June 16. It's either manipulation or statistical error, or all BB users were incredibly clueless that they could browse the internet on their phone.
    aniym, JeepBB, notfanboy and 1 others like this.
    07-05-13 06:45 AM
    Figures lie and liars figure.
    BlackBerry will have trouble sustaining at #3. Even in Canada.
    Wasn't this graph debunked in another thread.
    Well, it's OK - if it makes the faithful happy. It uses pretty colours.
    Sadly this data is flawed, but I'm late to the river and can't find the specifics. You're right, it was debunked.

Someone with more working brain cells than I've got this morning can find that thread, I'm sure.

Alcohol is not for the weak.....
    07-05-13 07:08 AM
    Due to the lack of hard numbers from BBRY management, a lot of the Crackberry stockholders used the Statcounter figures to claim that record sales were indeed happening in every major target market. Suffice it to say, it's reliability is basically in the toilet.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-05-13 07:37 AM
    Along with their credibility.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-05-13 07:43 AM
    What is the OP smoking? Outside of the three largest metropolitan areas, BlackBerry is nowhere near #1...especially with BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    It is number one in my home as it is the only phone that I have and I don't live any where near the met area
    07-05-13 07:54 AM
    It is number one in my home as it is the only phone that I have and I don't live any where near the met area
    And that pretty much sums up the BlackBerry Problem. You have it, so naturally everyone else will run out to get it. You found a very flawed graph that backed up your theory.
    07-05-13 07:57 AM
    http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_os...5-20130704-bar

Since we are using this as "fact" to support any arguments, if you take a look at BBOS from BB10 launch until now, they still trail behind Android for third place, by some 11%. Take a small enough data sample, and something as subjective as this, and you can make that data say almost anything.
    07-05-13 07:59 AM
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

Since we are using this as "fact" to support any arguments, if you take a look at BBOS from BB10 launch until now, they still trail behind Android for third place, by some 11%. Take a small enough data sample, and something as subjective as this, and you can make that data say almost anything.
    We are only interested in the future not the past. BB in Canada before the launch was as low as 8% it is now close to 30%. Stats counter measures usage. People have to own BB to use them. present usage, a drastic increase which means a drastic increase in BB phones in the environment . This all happen since the BB report was put together so it is not reflected in sales numbers.
    07-05-13 10:49 AM
    We are only interested in the future not the past. BB in Canada before the launch was as low as 8% it is now close to 30%. Stats counter measures usage. People have to own BB to use them. present usage, a drastic increase which means a drastic increase in BB phones in the environment . This all happen since the BB report was put together so it is not reflected in sales numbers.
    It all happened in one day! Manipulation or error, take your pick.
    07-05-13 11:16 AM
    Maybe all of the short sellers who are making a killing spent some of their money on BlackBerrys.

Here's what happened: On the evening of 15 June, after the daily media/Wall St./American/Short sellers conspiracy conference call, they all went out and bought BlackBerrys. And they were all bought in Canada.

That's the only logical reason, right?
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-05-13 11:21 AM
    It all happened in one day! Manipulation or error, take your pick.
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/06/dyvanyse.jpg
    Wasn't there a time when StatCounter thought BB10 phones were something else? I can't remember the details exactly but I thought that happened.
    07-05-13 11:27 AM
28 12