I figured that before I send it back, I might as well wipe everything off of it. But now, when I even go to turn it on it has that like icon with 504 under it. Will Asurion be angry?
    03-27-09 10:46 PM
    No they wont care I would make sure it is wiped as well or wiped/bricked

507 is probably what you are seeing...
    03-27-09 10:49 PM
    Just reload the original OS and no one will be the wiser.
    03-27-09 10:49 PM
    No they wont care I would make sure it is wiped as well or wiped/bricked

507 is probably what you are seeing...
    probably, i put it in the envelope cause i got all afraid. and they also said NOT to ship the battery. strange.
    03-27-09 10:50 PM
    Takes special shipping to send batterys. Thats why when you get a replacement phone you usually use your old battery. Batterys are considered hazardous. Cheaper for them to just throw in a new battery then pay the extra money to ship the battery.
    03-27-09 11:25 PM
    They don't want the battery because they can't salvage them and place them in refurbs. You're fine by wiping the device because they are going to wipe it anyway since that's part of the salvaging/refurbishing process. Asurion refurbishes phones themselves in addition to purchasing refurbs from outside sources. If the SKU on your replacement starts with an S or P then it is refurbished. S means asurion refurbished it while P means that it was purchase from an outside refurbisher. SKUs starting with N are new equipment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 11:27 PM
    They will not care. They are under the impression your device does not work anyway so they won't give a crap.
    03-27-09 11:31 PM
    Takes special shipping to send batterys. Thats why when you get a replacement phone you usually use your old battery. Batterys are considered hazardous. Cheaper for them to just throw in a new battery then pay the extra money to ship the battery.
    You always get a new battery with an asurion replacement unless you have a goofy carrier like metropcs that has weird terms in the asurion policy. They have a tiered deductable plan for instance that goes 35 to 50 to 85 depending on what tier your phone is classed under. You only get a battery in a metropcs shipment if it is lost/stolen or you specifically tell the csr you need one with the phone IIRC. The same goes with the home charger that comes standard with other carriers claims. I only did metro claims for asurion a couple of hours so I could be wrong, I normally process VZW claims.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD