Congrats go to Chen for keeping the Passport fairly under wraps as far as seeing it in the wild up until now.
    Your staff seems to be following your lead with leaks and keeping prototypes out of sight.

Being a native to Waterloo region, I have met many peeps within the BlackBerry family, and typically catch new prototypes way before they are released (if at all).

The Passport on the other hand has been that elusive phone that I finally got to see up close and personal today for the very first time.
    I have got to say I am sold on this bad boy.

2 BlackBerry peeps at my work had the phones out in their full glory, and let me tell you it turned heads.

I personally think this is going to be a turn around phone for the company in my opinion. (as well as the classic for diehards)
    It brings me back to the good old day of when BlackBerry really stood out as being different from the rest.

Go team BlackBerry.

Posted via my Vic20
    06-23-14 09:52 PM
    Let's be honest, the no pics are killing me. haha

But what's the back look like?
    06-23-14 09:54 PM
    I knew the photo request would be requested as soon as I posted.
    Same as the leaked photos. The top piece opens up above the centered camera to reveal the sim card and micro SD card on the left hand side.

If he (they) comes back to my work tomorrow(as he said he would) I will see about photo proof.

Posted via my Vic20
    donmateo, anischab and thekidshop like this.
    06-23-14 10:06 PM
    If you could see, if you don't know already, if that is the final backing. I know many have been asking. Thanks for the info!
    crackberryspqr likes this.
    06-23-14 10:55 PM
    Can you describe the keyboard's touch functionality? Is the device thick and heavy? How is the rear camera?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 03:38 AM
    I am even very curious about the keyboard... How does it function, and how are special charachters displayed? I write in german, too... Besides, why isn't there any shift symbol or alt keys... Is the space bar an optical touchpad as some forum posters presumed?
    Oh yeah, please write us some more... And thanks in advance!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-24-14 03:49 AM
    Please tell us how the new keyboard functions
    06-24-14 05:44 AM
    Ask about the apps. With a 1 to 1 ratio are the apps limited? Do they fill the screen properly or are they cut off?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 05:51 AM
    Just spoke to someone at work that went to the experience centre in London.

They said the screen is awesome, the entire keyboard works like a track pad so you can scroll on the keyboard to move the screen around.

They also prefer the classic over the passport.

The back was described as suede but felt like leather.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-24-14 06:01 AM
    Thanks for this. It would be really nice if the Passport physical keyboard allows for a delete word gesture (swipe left) like how it is on the BB10 virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    06-24-14 06:05 AM
    I knew the photo request would be requested as soon as I posted.
    Same as the leaked photos. The top piece opens up above the centered camera to reveal the sim card and micro SD card on the left hand side.

If he (they) comes back to my work tomorrow(as he said he would) I will see about photo proof.

Posted via my Vic20
    EVERYONE wants to know if it is water resistant

Z10
    06-24-14 06:08 AM
    Thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:15 AM
    Thanks for this. It would be really nice if the Passport physical keyboard allows for a delete word gesture (swipe left) like how it is on the BB10 virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Again from what I've hard this will be possible as well as swipe up to choose the word like it works for Z10/30.

06-24-14 08:22 AM
    Again from what I've hard this will be possible as well as swipe up to choose the word like it works for Z10/30.

I can't see how this could work, I mean, where are the suggested words even displayed? How do you know what you're swiping up?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 09:12 AM
    I can't see how this could work, I mean, where are the suggested words even displayed? How do you know what you're swiping up?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure where...my assumption is that it appears on the screen. Again just giving info on what I've been told from a guy that is testing it.

Didn't ask intricate details unfortunately.

06-24-14 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I guess it could be the same as on the Q10. The suggested words are on the bottom of the screen, you just tap on the word and that's it...
    06-24-14 03:01 PM

They said the screen is awesome, the entire keyboard works like a track pad so you can scroll on the keyboard to move the screen around.

Oh Snap!!!!!! THAT kicks major **** !!
    06-24-14 03:08 PM

Thanks. I just read the latest CB post re: Passport. Looks like they have this built into the physical keyboard! Done deal, I'm getting the Passport as my phablet.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:24 PM
    I guess it could be the same as on the Q10. The suggested words are on the bottom of the screen, you just tap on the word and that's it...
    They implementation of this is probably similar to the Z10/30 to flick the words up depending on the next letter you are about to type. Currently, Q10 is like a typical Android suggested word bar. You would be looking at probably max 3-4 suggestive words. With the Z10/30 implementation, you can get a lot more than that. There could be a virtual suggestive word bar that almost mimics the physical keyboard with suggestive words according to the button on the keyboard. Let's see if I can show a mock up here:
    -------virtual suggestive word bar-------

QNX Rocks iPhone Putrid
    Q R I P
    Android Sucks Google Lame
    A S G L
    Chen BlackBerry Messiah
    C B M

--------physical keyboard below ---------

So hopefully when I post this, the above mock up is displayed the way I want. You can see that there are more word hits available by just swiping on the letter with the word you want allowing for better accuracy and efficiency. See if you can spot the easter egg message.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    06-24-14 04:45 PM
    ^that must have taken a few minutes to do lol

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 07:07 PM
    They implementation of this is probably similar to the Z10/30 to flick the words up depending on the next letter you are about to type. Currently, Q10 is like a typical Android suggested word bar. You would be looking at probably max 3-4 suggestive words. With the Z10/30 implementation, you can get a lot more than that. There could be a virtual suggestive word bar that almost mimics the physical keyboard with suggestive words according to the button on the keyboard. Let's see if I can show a mock up here:
    -------virtual suggestive word bar-------

QNX Rocks iPhone Putrid
    Q R I P
    Android Sucks Google Lame
    A S G L
    Chen BlackBerry Messiah
    C B M

--------physical keyboard below ---------

So hopefully when I post this, the above mock up is displayed the way I want. You can see that there are more word hits available by just swiping on the letter with the word you want allowing for better accuracy and efficiency. See if you can spot the easter egg message.

Posted via CB10
    That would be the greatest implementation but I see it too much of a leap from Q10's keyboard. But if it's really like that I couldn't be happier.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 07:45 PM
    Is there glass-weave on the back?

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    06-24-14 09:32 PM
    Is there glass-weave on the back?

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    No. At least not on the one I saw again today. I assume that could change by release, but not likely.
    It was a flat black very much like the z10 battery cover, but not dimpled.
    You are going to want something with grip on the back, that's for sure. It's big.

Posted via my Vic20
    06-24-14 10:34 PM

May wish to read here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=941313

Posted via my Kick @ss Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-24-14 10:47 PM
    May wish to read here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=941313

Posted via my Kick @ss Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    Yeah, Bla1ze just posted it on the home/bolg page...
    My problem: "where is??" this /Shift/-Key they're talking about??????

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-24-14 11:07 PM
29 12