Update from my issue. I chose wpa2 from router and my device connected instantly. So wep and wpa didn't work. But wpa2 did work without problem ? Weird

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 08:32 PM
    Also I found one of my old usb wireless sticks does no support wpa2 so I had to go back to WPA and my phone lost a check mark immediately and lost connection

11-21-09 08:51 PM
    Im glad I waited 1 month to get Storm 2. You guys jumping ship at first got the bad batch..HEHEHHE
    11-21-09 08:52 PM
    Its just weird that wap and wpa won't work and wpa2 is fine.

11-21-09 09:41 PM
    do i need to post a video of me turning off the mobile network and sendign/receiving email or BBM on my Bold? I can.

EDIT: uploading to youtube right now. Storm 2 does not focus well on vids. Crappy quality, but you should be able to see the mobile network being turned off, me typing an email into outlook 2007, and the bold receiving it over wifi. Video's still being processed, but it'll be up shortly.

He is right ...I turned off my service and only using wifi. I�m still receiving e-mails
    11-24-09 11:31 AM
    Why r u catching so much slack for such an obvious fact. Its the same thing as an ipod or ipod touch. When using wifi you still can connect to the pop/imap servers of yahoo and gmail so it should work obviosuly. With just wifi on u can even bbm since ur connecting to rims central server

11-24-09 12:48 PM
    The WiFi on the Storm 2 seems to work when it feels like it. That and it does not pull in very good signal. I have to be almost next to it to get full signal. I have tried the Motorola Droid and that phone's WiFi worked better. Wondering if the WiFi can be updated somehow on the Storm 2???
    11-25-09 03:28 PM
    Okay, I tried but I could not read through 23 pages. Sorry if this is a repeat or beating a dead horse but...

I too have noticed that the WiFi signal ability is inferior to that of my Bold 9000. Same spot in the house (farthest room from the router) and the Bold is doing great and the S2 is lost in the abyss. WTF!? This is quite annoying.

I hope there is a software or firmware (same thing?) fix for this. Boo-erns...
    12-07-09 10:00 PM
    I have no problems with Wifi and I have tested it at a few place. I hope the new update for S2 on Dec 15 will enhance this lovely device.
    12-07-09 10:13 PM
    Has anyone been able to nail down a fix for this issue yet? I spent hours on the phone with Verizon tonight, they've changed my plan over to the BES from BIS until Monday to see if this corrects the issue. As of now, the WiFi icon remains grey'd out and with a terrible signal, even in the room with the router. This is a brand new phone that I have spent hours configuring, there next step is to replace the phone, which mean hours of reconfiguring.

Help...

Thanks,

Jerry
    01-23-10 11:19 PM
    I have wi-fi [60] and tcp-wifi [30] what does that mean???
    01-25-10 05:49 PM
    I started having the same issues... started today wifi is gfrayed out and I am getting an error IP address no longer valid... router logs show that BB is trying to connect and dhcp offers valid free ip

I tried the "Register Now" under the Host Routing table but had no luck...

any ideas from anyone ? this was working fine till recently
    06-06-10 12:38 PM
    mine still greyed icon.
    11-15-11 02:59 AM
338 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD