How is this even happening? If the tech on the phone with Verizon had the SAME thing happen to him with no clue what was going on, how did this not get encountered by a SINGLE person Beta testing?
    10-29-09 06:21 PM
    I too am getting the same issue with one of my 2 S2's. I cannot seem to get VZW to help.. I did stumble upon this WiFi Diag report (advanced). On one of my devices (working great with wifi) I have information under "Blackberry Infrastructure" listed. However, on my other S2 there is nothing under the section (highlighted below in red).

Below I have captured the WiFi Diagnostics (Advanced) for both my devices:

Good S2 (running on BES)
    Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: "PROFILE NAME"
    SSID: "SSID NAME"
    AP MAC Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    Security Type: Pre-Shared Key (PSK)
    Association: Successful
    Authentication: Successful
    Local IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Signal Level: -55 dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 48 Mbps
    Authentication Failure Reason:
    Network Type: 802.11b/g
    Network Channel: 1
    Pairwise Cipher: TKIP
    Group Cipher: TKIP
    Gateway Address: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP: Successful
    Primary DNS: 2xx.xx.xx.xx
    Secondary DNS: 2xx.xx.xx.xx
    DNS suffix: xxxxx.com
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Server Domain Suffix:
    Certificate: Not Applicable
    Software Token: Not Applicable
    Hotspot Code:
    Hotspot Message: Not Applicable
    Hotspot Status: Not Applicable

Enterprise
    UIDs:
    Address Used: //xxx-xxx-bbp4.xx.xxxxx.xxxxxxx:4101
    IP Used:
    Connecting: Error
    Authenticating router: N/A
    Authenticating server: N/A
    Last Contact At:

BlackBerry Infrastructure
    Address Used: //rcp.na.blackberry.com:443
    IP Used: 216.9.242.88:443;50260
    Connecting: Successful
    Authenticating router: Successful
    Authenticating server: Successful
    Last Contact At: Oct 29, 2009 7:01 PM

BAD S2 (running on BIS)
    Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: "NAME OF PROFILE"
    SSID: "SSID INFO"
    AP MAC Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    Security Type: Pre-Shared Key (PSK)
    Association: Successful
    Authentication: Successful
    Local IP Address: 192.168.1.105
    Signal Level: -59 dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 48 Mbps
    Authentication Failure Reason:
    Network Type: 802.11b/g
    Network Channel: 1
    Pairwise Cipher: TKIP
    Group Cipher: TKIP
    Gateway Address: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP: Successful
    Primary DNS: 2xx.xx.xx.xx
    Secondary DNS: 2xx.xx.xx.xx
    DNS suffix: xxxxxxxxx.com
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Server Domain Suffix:
    Certificate: Not Applicable
    Software Token: Not Applicable
    Hotspot Code:
    Hotspot Message: Not Applicable
    Hotspot Status: Not Applicable

BlackBerry Infrastructure

Address Used:
    IP Used:
    Connecting: Error
    Authenticating router: N/A
    Authenticating server: N/A
    Last Contact At:
    if you call verizon they can't compare both phones to see what the differnce is between one another?

maybe i'm asking too much from them. lol
    10-29-09 06:27 PM
    How do I find my ESN is that the same as my pin?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 07:35 PM
    That worked for me but Wi-Fi is still grayed out.. was able to goto m.google.com and some others.

not sure what that does..
    10-29-09 07:37 PM
    i called verizon with the wifi issue that people are having (so am i). they person i reached immediately tranferred me to Rim rep. named janine. she had me reset my event log, send her my wifi diagnostics test to her via email, then even had me connect the phone to my pc to see if she could get the apploader to run a command (which didn't work). eventually she opened a ticket and stated someone would get back to me within 1-2 days . she said during the conversation "most" people's wifi wasn't working properly. She also said there might have to be "patch" update to fix the issue.

so we'll see keep u posted.
    10-29-09 08:02 PM
    i called verizon with the wifi issue that people are having (so am i). they person i reached immediately tranferred me to Rim rep. named janine. she had me reset my event log, send her my wifi diagnostics test to her via email, then even had me connect the phone to my pc to see if she could get the apploader to run a command (which didn't work). eventually she opened a ticket and stated someone would get back to me within 1-2 days . she said during the conversation "most" people's wifi wasn't working properly. She also said there might have to be "patch" update to fix the issue.

so we'll see keep u posted.

Same thing happened to me.

10-29-09 08:11 PM
    How is this even happening? If the tech on the phone with Verizon had the SAME thing happen to him with no clue what was going on, how did this not get encountered by a SINGLE person Beta testing?
    Couldn't have said it better. Verizon seriously dropped the ball, AGAIN.
    10-29-09 08:56 PM
    Same thing happened to me.

Another one here. Both RIM and Verizon reps have no fix.
    10-29-09 09:30 PM
    Another one here. Both RIM and Verizon reps have no fix.
    In the other thread it looks like a plan issue. Those with the higher plan canuse the wifi. People have been upgrading and downgrading to test it. Hopefully they will realize it and fix it soon!

10-29-09 09:33 PM
    After being told multiple times by Verizon that "it's a Blackberry issue, call them" I finally got Verizon to try something for me that fixed the problem. Their $30 service doesn't include free Wi-Fi at this time, only their $45/mo. Blackberry Enterprise Service does. I had a technician upgrade me to the $45 service and within one minute the wifi icon lit up bright white. After a few minutes of testing, he downgraded me back to my $30 plan and the wifi service went away. Then I convinced him to leave me on the $45 service for the $30 price until they fixed the problem. This is all there is to it folks. Call them and ask them to upgrade you and will get the wifi service to work.
    -Cheers
    10-29-09 10:04 PM
    Verizon's $30.00 Service says

"The Email and Web for BlackBerry and Email and Web for Smartphone Features are designed for personal, consumer use and are not compatible with some Internet email service offerings or with email applications utilizing BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry Desktop Software, Wireless Sync or Wireless Sync Enterprise Server or Good™ Mobile Messaging. These features cannot be used to tether your device to laptops, personal computers or other devices for any purpose other than syncing of data; any other use is not permitted using these features. Service is only available in the National Enhanced Services and Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas."

Does this mean we have to upgrade to the $45 to get push email over wifi?
    10-29-09 10:51 PM
    Marathon. No. What we are saying is that if you bump up to the higher dataplan Wifi will work. This is a bug and not the way Verizon intended things.
    10-29-09 10:56 PM
    I was reading this thread last night because I have the same problem no BIS stuff (email etc) over WiFi just browsing. Checked this morning for updates to the thread and when I went to my connections I had my green checkmark and white icon. Just turned off phone connection and I have been able to send and recieve e-mails. I have just the cheap blackberry plan. Apperently Verizon/RIM are getting this straighted out.

I did nothing to get this working. Just started working by itself some time since 5:30 this morning when it wasn't working.
    10-30-09 07:28 AM
    this morning wifi not working greyed out! after a call to vzw data tech support know my wifi is working ?? the lady said ( well sir im sorry ill have to forward this information up to managers because i have no idea whats going on) about 30 minutes later my wifi is working and i just confirmed im on the lower data plan through my verizon! weird
    10-30-09 07:52 AM
    Adding features. To add a feature to your phone, select from available features listed below.
    Removing features. To remove a feature from your phone, choose the Remove option. If you change your mind, just choose the keep option.In some cases, you may need to select another feature in the same category to replace your existing feature. Existing features marked for removal will be highlighted and noted with a .

Maps & Location Services
    VZ Navigator $9.99/month
    VZ NAVIGATOR GLOBAL $19.99/month
    Data
    BlackBerry
    Email and Web for BlackBerry� $29.99/month $23.99/month (20.0% off) Keep Remove
    BLACKBERRY BROADBND UNL $44.99 $44.99/month $35.99/month (20.0% off)
    10-30-09 07:56 AM
    I'm not sure if my Wi-Fi IS working.. I see the icon at the top that appears to be greyed out. According to the manual, the greyed icon means the Storm2 is connected but no data is being pushed to the phone. I have gotten the confirmation that I'm connected but the icon never turns white as it should.

Also, when I click Manage Connections, my mobile network has the green checkmark, and the Wi-Fi connection (which shows my current connection) has the little box with a white dash in it. What does that mean? Shouldn't there be green check mark, as shown on Crackberry's Storm2 review page?
    10-30-09 08:05 AM
    Woke up this morning with a lit up wifi symbol and a green check mark. w00t!
    10-30-09 08:06 AM
    this morning wifi not working greyed out! after a call to vzw data tech support know my wifi is working ?? the lady said ( well sir im sorry ill have to forward this information up to managers because i have no idea whats going on) about 30 minutes later my wifi is working and i just confirmed im on the lower data plan through my verizon! weird
    It would appear they got it worked out.
    10-30-09 08:06 AM
    I'm not sure if my Wi-Fi IS working.. I see the icon at the top that appears to be greyed out. According to the manual, the greyed icon means the Storm2 is connected but no data is being pushed to the phone. I have gotten the confirmation that I'm connected but the icon never turns white as it should.

Also, when I click Manage Connections, my mobile network has the green checkmark, and the Wi-Fi connection (which shows my current connection) has the little box with a white dash in it. What does that mean? Shouldn't there be green check mark, as shown on Crackberry's Storm2 review page?
    Does it list the name of your WiFi network?
    10-30-09 08:07 AM
    Um... Suddenly mine went white and is working. Even for GoogleTalk!
    10-30-09 08:13 AM
    Um... Suddenly mine went white and is working. Even for GoogleTalk!
    I know there was enough of us that spent a good amount of time on the phone with RIM yesterday on this issue. I personally was on the phone with them 3 times yesterday. The first and last time for over an hour each time, and the second time was about 15 mins.

I think that pk said he had a few phone calls into them as well, which I am sure lasted equally as long.
    10-30-09 08:22 AM
    Yeah, my call was about 30 mins with VZ and about 90 mins with RIM. They were very nice, however.
    10-30-09 08:24 AM
    I just noticed that my icon when white after a reset...! I haven't called or changed and Verizon services. The only thing I did was to change the "default" Permissions (while installing the beta version of Quickpull). Here is the link with their instructions:

How to use QuickPull on OS 5.0 - Steelthorn Software - FAQ

Not sure if it was permission changes or Vzw getting their act together, but I'll take it either way.

UPDATE:
    After about 5 minutes icon is now automatically switching from white to grey. Couldn't send email over wifi (when white) and 3g was off....
    Last edited by Dittim; 10-30-09 at 08:49 AM.
    10-30-09 08:37 AM
    Same here. Mine turned white with green check mark and I didn't change anything on my plan. I can turn off my Verizon and have full use of email, BBM, and net over my wifi. Now I have no complaints at all with my S2. Its awesome!!
    10-30-09 08:43 AM
    Marathon. No. What we are saying is that if you bump up to the higher dataplan Wifi will work. This is a bug and not the way Verizon intended things.
    Apparantly true.

White Icon this am.

Thanks Verizon< Rim and all who shared this problem!.
    10-30-09 09:18 AM
338 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD