What if my PIN is in their system, and has been.
    I've had my SIM Card enable for Global support, yet my WIFI is still Grey, and I've been at this all day.. and about to give up.
    How flipping hard can this be!

On hold now with RIM support.. and I'm not even entirely sure if it's a RIM issue or Verizon's issue...
    I'm convinced it's a Verizon issue since the phone's WiFi works fine when you use it on AT&T.
    10-29-09 03:16 PM
    What if my PIN is in their system, and has been.
    I've had my SIM Card enable for Global support, yet my WIFI is still Grey, and I've been at this all day.. and about to give up.
    How flipping hard can this be!

On hold now with RIM support.. and I'm not even entirely sure if it's a RIM issue or Verizon's issue...
    You and me both buddy. I've done all the right things according to this thread, but still NO DICE!!!!

10-29-09 03:17 PM
    I'm convinced it's a Verizon issue since the phone's WiFi works fine when you use it on AT&T.
    i was too. And i had it work with in gsm mode as well. just try to do a device swtich on BIS again.
    10-29-09 03:19 PM
    Ok, so just an update guys. The guy from RIM got me off hold...but he wasn't done researching. I told him i had to go get ready for clinical rotations (paramedic student) and he told me he was going to do further reserach and then call me and email me any solution/update.

I asked him about the BIS account and the PIN #. He said nothing there should effect the device contacting the RIM infrastructure. I don't know how/if at all accurate that is.

So right now, i am at a total loss. I cannot log into my BIS account from my Mac laptop (when i try to set up an account it says i can't do it from my browser, must do it from my handset) and when i log in via my handset it simply displays my email settings there is no option for PIN, etc. I am receiving email so that's fine..

If someone got their WiFi fully functioning via BIS, if you could be so kind as to post a step by step guide (with pictures if possible) that would probably help a lot of people out...

Getting awfully frustrated...so tempted to just dump next week and score a Droid.
    10-29-09 03:20 PM
    check the other wifi thread. people registering their pins get it to work now.
    10-29-09 03:20 PM
    check the other wifi thread. people registering their pins get it to work now.
    Doesn't look like it's working for everyone. Must be something else. This sucks.
    10-29-09 03:33 PM
    I even did a device switch back to my Storm 1, then back to Storm 2. Deleted all my service books and resent them. All to no avail

I'm done messing around with this for today
    10-29-09 03:37 PM
    im having same trouble, this is my first BB
    10-29-09 03:41 PM
    My wireless network connection is working even with the gray WiFi symbol @_@.
    10-29-09 04:06 PM
    When I went to that site to do device switch my pin was already set and I have been getting email since leaving the store. I am leaning more towards the SIM card solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My wireless network connection is working even with the gray WiFi symbol @_@.
    Yes, but you cannot use your email or BlackBerry Messenger
    Yes, but you cannot use your email or BlackBerry Messenger
    Exactly. We all can use it to browse the internet as stated in the first 15 pages of this increasingly annoying thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 04:10 PM
    Well... after mega hours on this, I'm giving up.
    Grey Icon is here to stay.... no matter what I do, it stays grey.
    Correct PIN on Verizon's system.
    Re-sent Service books
    Registered in Hosts Table.
    I'm done!

RIM support is telling me that Verizon doesn't support this, when I know they CLEARLY DO!!

There is a massive communication issue between Verizon and Blackberry right now, and yes, I know the device is new, but WiFi on a BB isn't, and this is ridiculous.

Maybe they'll sort this out in a few days, but I was hoping that I'd have a solution today... but this isn't going to happen...
    10-29-09 04:17 PM
    Oh then yeah, just tried that and I'm in the same boat. I can't set up my BIS account though, says my device is not registered with VZW but, I just spoke to a tech and she said it was.

I apologize missed the part that everyone could use the Browser, my ADD kicked in, sorry.
    Last edited by FAS-T; 10-29-09 at 04:23 PM.
    10-29-09 04:21 PM
    I have a BIS account and done all of the possible steps and still grey... no connection to RIM servers... they better figure this out. and when it doe just someone plz make a HUGE announcement of the solution.

plz plz, i cant take this thread anymore.... today
    10-29-09 04:26 PM
    Who said that the wifi logo has to be white? Rim and verizon didn't. I'm curious as well. i have been messing with this all day too with no luck. I have my network name which i guess means its connected

Wi-Fi technology
    10-29-09 04:28 PM
    Actually they did, RTFM.
    10-29-09 04:36 PM
    If someone got their WiFi fully functioning via BIS, if you could be so kind as to post a step by step guide (with pictures if possible) that would probably help a lot of people out...
    Working on getting to the first part. Will do the second part once the first part is complete.
    RIM support is telling me that Verizon doesn't support this, when I know they CLEARLY DO!!

There is a massive communication issue between Verizon and Blackberry right now, and yes, I know the device is new, but WiFi on a BB isn't, and this is ridiculous.
    It isn't new to blackberry in general but it is new to CDMA blackberrys.
    Who said that the wifi logo has to be white?
    Page 35 of Tips, Hints and Shortcuts that came with the phone.
    10-29-09 04:42 PM
    Page 35 of Tips, Hints and Shortcuts that came with the phone.
    Thank you!

Actually they did, RTFM.
    AND FUC* YOU!

it was not in the manual i posted. that is why i asked. see post for question mark. Now keep trollin
    10-29-09 04:49 PM
    Can anyone please tell me how to resend serice books? I changed devices on BB website and my wifi signal is still gray. Grrrr thanks
    10-29-09 04:49 PM
    option-advanced option-host routing table-register now

on the website just go to help. there is a option in there
    10-29-09 04:51 PM
    on the phone with a verizon rep... he's actually grabbing a storm2 and trying to duplicate the problem on his end to help us.... posting results momentarily hopefully

UPDATE: I have now been on hold for 10 minutes. Hopefully this guy has some good news. He claims he comes to this site all the time for answers to help people that call. I told him that he wouldn't be finding the answer to this one on here, and it was time to show why he earns the big bucks.

UPDATE 2: The gentlemen encountered the same problem that we all are having. He informed me that "supposedly" there is an update being released by blackberry desktop manager in NOVEMBER?!? His advice was to wait and see?!? Wow... just wow....After voicing my frustration he has decided to pass this off to RIM and call me back. I sent him the diagnostic report and got a claim ticket number... I'll keep you all posted if I get this fixed anytime soon.... November! lol
    Last edited by rocky271; 10-29-09 at 05:50 PM.
    10-29-09 05:32 PM
    In addition to the SIM trick I posted earlier, their is another step in the provisioning that Verizon needs to do. The problem is provisioning on VZW's end since they have never had to authorize Wifi. They have all the tools to make it work, but it seems they are missing the step that provisions UMA/WifiBI. As soon as I find out what step they are missing I will post it.

It also seems that some reps are figuring it out and some aren't. That's why it is working for some and not for others.
    10-29-09 05:39 PM
    Ok this is giving me problems. I resent my service books and changed my info on BB website. My wifi logo is still gray. Any ideas anyone? Help!! Thanks
    10-29-09 05:41 PM
    I too am getting the same issue with one of my 2 S2's. I cannot seem to get VZW to help.. I did stumble upon this WiFi Diag report (advanced). On one of my devices (working great with wifi) I have information under "Blackberry Infrastructure" listed. However, on my other S2 there is nothing under the section (highlighted below in red).

Below I have captured the WiFi Diagnostics (Advanced) for both my devices:

Good S2 (running on BES)
    Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: "PROFILE NAME"
    SSID: "SSID NAME"
    AP MAC Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    Security Type: Pre-Shared Key (PSK)
    Association: Successful
    Authentication: Successful
    Local IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Signal Level: -55 dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 48 Mbps