Got it fixed!!!!
    10-29-09 02:06 PM
    Got it fixed!!!!
    alright how did u do it
    10-29-09 02:08 PM
    just call to Activate Sim Card.. to global support
    and BAM is working with mobile network ON/OFF, the WIFI logo is WHITE(highlighted)
    Fantastic. Do you have it set to global or 1XEV and is it set for home only or automatic?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 02:08 PM
    alright how did u do it
    x2

10char
    10-29-09 02:10 PM
    you got to register your pin to the network. go to
    BlackBerry Internet Service log in with your credentials as you do to setup email.
    go to the change device option and enter your pin /meid.

boom.
    10-29-09 02:12 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service log in with your credentials as you do to setup email.

boom.
    No go. Says I can't do it via HTML and must use my device
    10-29-09 02:16 PM
    same here :\
    10-29-09 02:17 PM

boom.
    That's how I transferred my email accounts in the first place. Doesn't seem to make a difference for me.
    10-29-09 02:19 PM
    No go. Says I can't do it via HTML and must use my device
    ok you can do the device switch under email settings. press the blackberry button after you log in.
    10-29-09 02:19 PM
    That's how I transferred my email accounts in the first place. Doesn't seem to make a difference for me.
    me too. but the vzw rep said he didn't have my pin in the system. so he added it. i asked him how i was to do this myself and he pointed me to the website.

Maybe you have to call and ask them to add it on their side. I think this wifi issue happens only for those who had a blackberry previously on verizon.
    10-29-09 02:21 PM
    now i took off the sim card..and WIFI logo is not HIGHLIGHTED..so im going to try to do the BlackBerry Internet Service

EDIT...ok i havent done the BlackBerry Internet Service and is still is HIGHLIGHTED just had to give it some time..and I did took off the Sim card out..so im thinking it doesnt have nothing to do with the sim card just have register you pin with BlackBerry Internet Service..i run the wifi diagnostics and it shows BLACKBERRY infrasturcture connected with a green check

EDIT: now is not highlighted..WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by joseph2076; 10-29-09 at 02:32 PM.
    10-29-09 02:22 PM
    me too. but the vzw rep said he didn't have my pin in the system. so he added it. i asked him how i was to do this myself and he pointed me to the website.

Maybe you have to call and ask them to add it on their side. I think this wifi issue happens only for those who had a blackberry previously on verizon.
    I had a Storm 1, and no WIFI issue. SO it is not all people on VZW with a blackberry previously.
    10-29-09 02:23 PM
    I had a Storm 1, and no WIFI issue. SO it is not all people on VZW with a blackberry previously.
    strange then. works now though. he said my pin wasn't in the system. Problem identified.
    10-29-09 02:25 PM
    strange then. works now though. he said my pin wasn't in the system. Problem identified.
    I'll try to contact Verizon in a bit and I'll let you know
    10-29-09 02:32 PM
    So how exactly do I enter my PIN to BIS through my phone?
    10-29-09 02:33 PM
    joseph:

WiFi logo does go on and off. I think when the device wants to use the WiFi signal cause it is better (stronger), it is lit. When it wants to use the EVDO, the light is off, but the Network Name still shows on the main screen.
    10-29-09 02:44 PM
    joseph:

WiFi logo does go on and off. I think when the device wants to use the WiFi signal cause it is better (stronger), it is lit. When it wants to use the EVDO, the light is off, but the Network Name still shows on the main screen.
    On the GSM devices, i believe you can tell it to favor wifi, i have yet to find this option on the Storm2.
    10-29-09 02:48 PM
    joseph:

That is absolutely incorrect. If the WiFi signal is lit (aka white) it indicates that the handset is connected to the RIM infrastructure via WiFi. If it is not lit (aka grey) but displays you're network it means that you can browse the internet via browser but the handset is not connected to RIM infrastructure.

This has been discussed at length and it is clearly stated on page 35 of the tips and tricks guide.
    10-29-09 02:49 PM
    That is absolutely incorrect. If the WiFi signal is lit (aka white) it indicates that the handset is connected to the RIM infrastructure via WiFi. If it is not lit (aka grey) but displays you're network it means that you can browse the internet via browser but the handset is not connected to RIM infrastructure.

This has been discussed at length and it is clearly stated on page 35 of the tips and tricks guide.
    Great post. +1

This idea, and the fix (activation of SIM card?) should be stickied!
    10-29-09 02:51 PM
    Great post. +1

This idea, and the fix (activation of SIM card?) should be stickied!
    well only if it fixes it, to which it did not for me. Maybe it's prioritizing 3G over a weaker wifi signal. I should be able to bypass this by disabling mobile network and leaving wifi connected right?
    10-29-09 02:53 PM
    well only if it fixes it, to which it did not for me. Maybe it's prioritizing 3G over a weaker wifi signal. I should be able to bypass this by disabling mobile network and leaving wifi connected right?
    My understanding is that the phone has the ability to have two simultaneous connections to the blackberry infrastructure. I think Kevin references this in his review of the device.

I am currently on the phone with RIM. I sent them my wifi diagnostics (so they can see everything i do and that it is not connected to their infrastructure). We tested my Router to ensure port 443 was open, it is. Have been on hold since the port test...the gentlemen is looking further into it. When he comes back i am going to ask him about BIS and settings in there.

As a side bar, Verizon Wireless (as per the last rep i spoke to 20 minutes ago) has no documentation on this issue at all. The device is apparently is so new such things have not been compiled yet.

I'll try to keep everyone up to date until i have to go to class at 6pm EST
    10-29-09 02:59 PM
    My understanding is that the phone has the ability to have two simultaneous connections to the blackberry infrastructure. I think Kevin references this in his review of the device.

I am currently on the phone with RIM. I sent them my wifi diagnostics (so they can see everything i do and that it is not connected to their infrastructure). We tested my Router to ensure port 443 was open, it is. Have been on hold since the port test...the gentlemen is looking further into it. When he comes back i am going to ask him about BIS and settings in there.

As a side bar, Verizon Wireless (as per the last rep i spoke to 20 minutes ago) has no documentation on this issue at all. The device is apparently is so new such things have not been compiled yet.

10-29-09 03:02 PM

i had the same problem as you. and getting my new pin added to their system worked for me. Has anyone else having the grey icon issue fixed in another manner? Your pin must be in their system to get full functionality of the WIFI.
    10-29-09 03:03 PM
    i had the same problem as you. and getting my new pin added to their system worked for me. Has anyone else having the grey icon issue fixed in another manner? Your pin must be in their system to get full functionality of the WIFI.
    I'm on phone with VZW now and they say my phone (PIN) is already correctly registered with network.
    10-29-09 03:11 PM
    What if my PIN is in their system, and has been.
    I've had my SIM Card enable for Global support, yet my WIFI is still Grey, and I've been at this all day.. and about to give up.
    How flipping hard can this be!

On hold now with RIM support.. and I'm not even entirely sure if it's a RIM issue or Verizon's issue...
    10-29-09 03:13 PM
338 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD