I guess I'm one of the lucky ones...WiFi working fine. There are a lot of variables in the phones themselves, and now throwing WiFi in we add a ton more variables. Potential issues with routers, firewalls, internet providers, their firewalls, interference (2.4 Ghz phones can cripple WiFi), etc.

Since mine works, meaning I can shut of the EVDO signal, see only WiFi, and still browse, send and receive push Email, alerts and all, here are some of my variables:

Netgear Router, MAC filter enabled, I did enter the Storm2's MAC address into the router to allow access.

My internet provider is Comcast.

I did a change device switch from a Storm1 to a Storm 2.

I do have the international coverage.

I do not use an enterprise server.

Some thoughts:

I believe the phone software is sensing which signal is best to use, and using it. So if I have strong WiFi, I see that lit up, and it is used for browsing. When I move far from the router, I see the Wireless Network Name listed, but the WiFi logo not lit. When I browse, it uses the EVDO. I stay ther, shut off the EVDO signal, when I browse it uses the WiFi, then the WiFi logo lights up again (maybe has something to do with why WiFi works in GSM mode?)
    I wonder if it has something to do with the International Data. I too have the International Data package, and my WIFI is working fully. I have tested this on my work WIFI, my Home (comcast), and a public hotspot. All three place work just fine.

For those of you that it is not working for check your service books. I have two that seem to deal with WIFI,
    1. Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser
    2.Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport
    10-29-09 08:44 AM
    I think the fix 9530newbie resolved was getting the basic grayed out WiFi connection in the first place. I'm assuming he/she is in the same boat as most of the rest of us and unable to get the white WiFi logo
    Same deal.
    10-29-09 08:45 AM
    v5.0.0.320
    That is the latest that comes on these phones. Mine didn't have any green labels on the boxes and had that OS on them.
    10-29-09 08:46 AM
    I wonder if it has something to do with the International Data. I too have the International Data package, and my WIFI is working fully. I have tested this on my work WIFI, my Home (comcast), and a public hotspot. All three place work just fine.

For those of you that it is not working for check your service books. I have two that seem to deal with WIFI,
    1. Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser
    2.Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport
    I have those service books as well with a grayed out icon(unable to connect to blackberry services). What I do notice though is that the host routing table that is associated with WiFi TCP/IP Transport book is not in the host routing table list.
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 10-29-09 at 08:50 AM.
    10-29-09 08:48 AM
    I have the following in the Service Book (I added this to my original post on this subject)

√ Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
    √ Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
    10-29-09 08:55 AM
    I have the following in the Service Book (I added this to my original post on this subject)

√ Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
    √ Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
    Look through your host routing table list. Is there 2 of them listed? One should be Wi-Fi[40] and the second one should be Wi-Fi[60]. I only have Wi-Fi[60] in my host routing table list.
    10-29-09 08:58 AM
    Just Wi-Fi [60]
    10-29-09 09:01 AM
    Just Wi-Fi [60]
    Well there goes that theory.
    10-29-09 09:04 AM
    I only have the Wi-Fi[60] service book
    10-29-09 09:05 AM
    Since mine works, meaning I can shut of the EVDO signal, see only WiFi, and still browse, send and receive push Email, alerts and all, here are some of my variables:

Netgear Router, MAC filter enabled, I did enter the Storm2's MAC address into the router to allow access.
    How are you gonna do that when you get to StarBucks or Barnes & Nobles?
    10-29-09 09:07 AM
    I only have the Wi-Fi[60] service book
    You mean host routing table? (which i bellieve you do) there is another table available though but it doesn't seem that anyone has it registered.(Even the guys/gals that have it working correctly)
    10-29-09 09:08 AM
    How are you gonna do that when you get to StarBucks or Barnes & Nobles?
    Simple, they don't use MAC filtering.
    10-29-09 09:09 AM
    Could it be a location thing? For those who have it working which state are you in.

Not working, I am in orlando FL.

Yes i am reaching
    10-29-09 09:15 AM
    Could it be a location thing? For those who have it working which state are you in.

Not working, I am in orlando FL.

Yes i am reaching
    I doubt that it is location, it is a box that needs to be checked somewhere. But for what it is worth, I am in Maryland with it not working fully. (worst part is IT is my life)
    10-29-09 09:17 AM
    New Hampshire - WiFi working.
    10-29-09 09:21 AM
    Are you saying VZW will support UMA soon??
    I'm not saying anything other than the RIM tech VZW transferred me to yesterday told me that the reason that you cannot access blackberry services over WiFi is because they are not currently supporting UMA.

He said i should call back in a week or two and see if they will.
    10-29-09 09:24 AM
    Orlando also not working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 09:25 AM

[snip]

I do not use an enterprise server.
    How do you have Push email if you're not on a BES?
    10-29-09 09:26 AM
    How do you have Push email if you're not on a BES?
    It is called BIS.
    10-29-09 09:27 AM
    New Hampshire - WiFi working.
    Can we get screen captures from the ones that are stating it is working?
    10-29-09 09:29 AM
    What screen do you want to see, and how do I capture it?
    10-29-09 09:32 AM
    Simple, they don't use MAC filtering.
    You missed the point ...
    10-29-09 09:36 AM
    What screen do you want to see, and how do I capture it?
    The green check next to the wifi.
    10-29-09 09:39 AM
    10-29-09 09:49 AM
    ok i have a question, it says im connected to the wi-fi network here at my school, but then prompts me to do the hotspot login. is that necessary to make the wifi work? because everytime i try to do it, it gives me an error that reads like this, "Java plug-in is not installed in your browser. Java applet is disabled in your browser's security settings."
    10-29-09 09:52 AM
338 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD