So today right after work I started having this weird issue. I was connected to work WiFi (normal WEP password) and it was all fine and dandy, and came home to see that my Bold wouldn't latch onto my home network. This usually happens, I don't know why; so I went to re-add my WPA network and I noticed that WiFi had been turned off. This was even weirder considering I hadn't turned it off or turned off the phone all morning long.

Now it refuses to even turn on, and in WiFi setup it says "Unable to turn WiFi on". This is the first time this has done this, ever. I am wondering, what happened?

I have already done more soft resets and battery pulls then makes sense, but nothing is working. I haven't gone crazy with wipe and reinstalls but I'm wondering if that is what I need to do next.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do to fix this?
    07-07-10 06:12 PM
    Anyone have a solution?
    07-08-10 05:24 PM
    BE PATIENT: do not expect an instant answer ... this is not IM.

You should re-install the OS:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    07-08-10 06:59 PM
    Crap!!

Should I go all the way back to the original 4.6 then or just back to a 5.0 release?
    07-08-10 07:20 PM
    BE PATIENT: do not expect an instant answer ... this is not IM.

You should re-install the OS:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    I got nothing from that, I still can't turn on WiFi so I'm thinking it could be hardware but I really hope its not...
    07-08-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD