I was on the beach yesterday and realized they had set up towers so that we can have wifi on the beach here...I was caught pretty off guard but very pleased! I could use my BB out via wifi as well as drag my laptop waterside...it was splendid. Just wondering if others are seeing wifi capabilities popping up anywhere as unusual? We even have it bayfront and in our parks...I like it.
    05-25-09 02:17 PM
    Not really unusual anymore. A lot of public places are starting to have wifi. In fact, my cable company gives free wifi to optimum subscribers.
    05-25-09 02:18 PM
    Wow. That's awesome! The only places I've seen it besides my house are restaurants. No parks, beaches, etc. Oh, almost forgot. My city has WiFi all throughout this one popular part of town.
    05-25-09 02:19 PM
    Also... starbucks has free wifi for BlackBerry and iPhone users. Not sure if T-mobile still has access to them.
    05-25-09 02:20 PM
    Wow. That's awesome! The only places I've seen it besides my house are restaurants. No parks, beaches, etc. Oh, almost forgot. My city has WiFi all throughout this one popular part of town.
    What city do you live in? That's awesome.

I haven't tried, but I'm guessing NYC, NY has a lot of spots over here. I may check it out when I'm in the city.
    05-25-09 02:21 PM
    yes I see that in our downtown area as well!! Maybe because there are coffee houses and sushi bars where it is available...
    I was surprised to see it on the water tho!
    05-25-09 02:30 PM
    What city do you live in? That's awesome.

I haven't tried, but I'm guessing NYC, NY has a lot of spots over here. I may check it out when I'm in the city.
    I live in Burbank. The area that has it is Downtown Burbank, which is a pretty large area with a mall, movie theaters, shops, Starbucks, restaurants, etc. OH and an AT&T store! Actually, now that I think about it... there's a Sprint store too and in the mall a Verizon kiosk lol.
    05-25-09 02:31 PM
    Also... starbucks has free wifi for BlackBerry and iPhone users. Not sure if T-mobile still has access to them.
    I have tmobile and have not had any apparent problems connecting there.
    05-25-09 02:31 PM
    I have tmobile and have not had any apparent problems connecting there.
    I think it's open to any device.
    05-25-09 02:32 PM
    it must be...we also have hotels that litter our beach and bayfront area so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised but it was very cool to lie out and stay connected.
    05-25-09 02:34 PM
    WiFi at the beach come on, it's the beach you're suppose to be disconnected and check out the view.

I WiFi at school and home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 02:37 PM
    WiFi at the beach come on, it's the beach you're suppose to be disconnected and check out the view.

I WiFi at school and home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    point taken

but I live so close to it...its almost my living room
    05-25-09 02:39 PM
    it must be...we also have hotels that litter our beach and bayfront area so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised but it was very cool to lie out and stay connected.
    May just be. I've never stayed in a Starbucks that long.
    05-25-09 02:54 PM
    May just be. I've never stayed in a Starbucks that long.
    I don't think I've been in a Starbucks for more than 3 years to tell you the truth. But I do know that people take their laptops there and basically setup a small business desk so I always assumed they were using Starbucks Wi-Fi lol

I think if you go to another AT&T HotSpot such as McDonald's then a T-Mobile subscriber probably wouldn't get the Wi-Fi. But I can't say that for sure.
    05-25-09 02:57 PM
    I don't think I've been in a Starbucks for more than 3 years to tell you the truth. But I do know that people take their laptops there and basically setup a small business desk so I always assumed they were using Starbucks Wi-Fi lol

I think if you go to another AT&T HotSpot such as McDonald's then a T-Mobile subscriber probably wouldn't get the Wi-Fi. But I can't say that for sure.
    The wifi is available for all, just thought that t-mobile users had to pay. I'm guessing that's just for big devices (laptops), not phones.
    05-25-09 02:58 PM

ha!! I would never set up shop in a Mickey D's lol
    05-25-09 02:58 PM
    ha!! I would never set up shop in a Mickey D's lol
    I wouldn't even go into a McDonald's
    05-25-09 03:00 PM
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-25-09 03:03 PM
    Here's a Wi-Fi locator for AT&T

WiFi Locator | AT&T

I'll leave the T-Mobile locator to Latina since she's on their service
    05-25-09 03:04 PM
    My 8330 doesn't have WiFi.
    05-25-09 03:09 PM
    When you run 5 miles a day like I do, you can go into McDonald's, order whatever you want, and you will never gain a pound.
    05-25-09 03:10 PM
    Here's a Wi-Fi locator for AT&T

WiFi Locator | AT&T

I'll leave the T-Mobile locator to Latina since she's on their service
    lol...best I can give : https://selfcare.hotspot.t-mobile.co...LocationMap.do
    05-25-09 03:10 PM
    When you run 5 miles a day like I do, you can go into McDonald's, order whatever you want, and you will never gain a pound.
    Not to hijack (eventhough I am, sorry Latina) I workout like a monster 4 days a week, two-a-days on Mondays. Three hours each visit to the gym. If you cut out McDonald's I guarantee you would feel even better when running. I once did some research on the fast food joints and McDonald's was the worst when it came to the processing and chemicals they put in their food. Just some food for thought. No pun intended.

Edit: Just to stay on topic, no Wi-Fi at L.A. Fitness....
    05-25-09 03:13 PM
    Yeah that's the one Latina.
    05-25-09 03:14 PM
    Not to hijack (eventhough I am, sorry Latina) I workout like a monster 4 days a week, two-a-days on Mondays. Three hours each visit to the gym. If you cut out McDonald's I guarantee you would feel even better when running. I once did some research on the fast food joints and McDonald's was the worst when it came to the processing and chemicals they put in their food. Just some food for thought. No pun intended.

Edit: Just to stay on topic, no Wi-Fi at L.A. Fitness....
    Trust me, I know it's unhealthy, and that I would perform better without it in my diet, but those fires are just so gooood.

And to stay on topic, my school has WiFi, and my house. and McDonald's
    05-25-09 03:17 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD