This question may have been asked, if it has, sorry.

If I'm using WiFi, do I have to have my Network off? Does the phone recognize what to use if they are both on?

I just started using the WiFi at home but don't really know for sure the best way to use it. Should I turn off the Mobile Network when using it? I have an unlimited Sprint plan.

Thanks for the help!
    10-21-11 10:15 AM
    The data will work with the network on or off, but the phone won't work if you shut the network off. You can just leave the Wi-Fi on all the time, shut it off when not at home, or use an app such as Smartwifi to control it.
    Ponyboy24 likes this.
    10-21-11 12:37 PM
    Thanks for the help! I figured that's how it worked but I wasn't sure. Appreciate it!
    10-21-11 01:59 PM
    The data will work with the network on or off, but the phone won't work if you shut the network off. You can just leave the Wi-Fi on all the time, shut it off when not at home, or use an app such as Smartwifi to control it.
    I'm a little slow here, so just to clarify.....

If I'm at home, phone on as usual, and wi-fi turned on, if I open the browser, is it using my cell phone data plan, or is it using my home wi-fi to browse with?
    12-14-11 03:10 AM
    I'm a little slow here, so just to clarify.....

If I'm at home, phone on as usual, and wi-fi turned on, if I open the browser, is it using my cell phone data plan, or is it using my home wi-fi to browse with?
    When it's connected to Wi-Fi, it shouldn't* be using any of your carrier data.

*like most things in life, there's no absolute
    12-14-11 10:01 AM
    Worked like a charm, and *fast*.

When the browser is open and on wi-fi, the symbol, instead of the 4G (or H+, or 3G, or whatever), is the wi-fi symbol, so you know what you're connected to. Great!
    12-15-11 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD