i have a question. should i turn off the mobile network connection when i have a wifi connection?? it seems like the connections get mixed up or something. while im on a call it will change around to 3g edge and wifi.
    02-03-10 12:51 AM
    I keep all my connections on. I think it might save on battery iif you turnt one off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 01:57 AM
    I also keep all my connections enabled, it's a hassle for me to have to switch everytime I get home to my wi-fi, or forget to take it off wi-fi when I leave my house and forget to enable mobile network and miss calls, and emails... battery life isn't a problem for me especially with the incredible battery the 9700 has in it!!! I just enable everything and forget about it...
    02-03-10 02:26 AM
    I leave them all on as well and still get great battery life to much a hassle to turn them off
    02-03-10 11:30 AM
    I too leave mine on all the time..
    02-03-10 01:33 PM
    I see you're on T-Mobile, do you have UMA enabled?
    02-03-10 01:38 PM
    If you are on T-Mobile's service, and you have a T-Mobile phone you should be seeing UMA in pink lettering with a pinkish colored signal meter. If you see those you can turn off the EDGE/HSPA radio and still make phone calls and use your phone like normal. If you only see the white wi-fi emblem lit up, and you turn off your EDGE/HSPA radio and it kicks to UMA you will be in luck.. .. and you can use the phone like always

if you turn off the EDGE/HSPA radio and the wi-fi emblem stays white, and does not kick over to UMA you only be able to surf the web and you will not get any SMS/MMS or phone calls you will only be able to surf the web.

if you want wanting to keep the phone on UMA or EDGE/HSPA you can adjust those via the "network management" screen on your phone either pick "wi-fi preferred" for UMA or "network" for EDGE/HSPA for nearby towers.

02-03-10 01:52 PM
    It takes way to long to go in, turn this on, turn that off... It's just so much easier to keep everything on!
    02-03-10 02:15 PM
    It takes way to long to go in, turn this on, turn that off... It's just so much easier to keep everything on!
    yea but i like having my battery last several days on end.

02-03-10 02:31 PM
    I don't think it's that bad. I have my left convience key set up to "connections". If you use a bluetooth set (and don't want to leave bluetooth all the time, since it's a notorious battery hog), it would make sense to have two button presses be all you need to turn it on or off. Also, if you were ever in a WiFi hotspot that you hadn't searched for or configured, you would need to go through the connections menu.

Back to original poster, I can never figure out if it's actually switching back and forth between 3G and WiFi, or if it's just a revolving display to show your connection for each. I assume it just goes with the stronger signal.
    02-03-10 02:38 PM
    I like having extra long battery life (not sure why, cuz i have a car charger and wall charger around).

I use Edge most of the time, except when i need data, i swithc to 3g, and if I'm at home or starbucks to wifi.

I noticed a HUGE difference when on Edge in battery life. I also turn on/off bluetooth depending on if i need it or not.

Is it a pain in the **** and extra steps? YES! But crazy I am
    02-03-10 03:55 PM
    I have wifi prefered it just seems sometimes the phone goes to edge or 3g.

02-03-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD