Hello, I'm trying to make my Wifi network to work on my bb 9700. Everything works I can connect with my router and when I open my browser everything works.
    But after 4/5 minutes the blackberry can't open any pages anymore. The only thing to do is to turn off my wifi on my blackberry and after a second to turn it back on. Then it will work for another 4/5 minutes and then I'll have to do the same routine again.

At other places I can connect to the wifi networks and don't have any trouble. So I think it's my router settings or something like that.

I got a Linksys cisco wrv200 router and use WPA-personal security.

thanks
    06-07-10 04:32 PM
    The router is fine. You need to upgrade your 9700 OS. Even the newer OS' have some issue still, but the newer OS' handle WiFi much much better than the older OS' do for whatever reason.
    06-07-10 04:35 PM
    I'm already on the latest OS: 5.0.0.593 is my os, so that isn't the problem. And the weird thing is that on other wifi locations(friends/school) everything works fine
    06-07-10 04:59 PM
    Have you reset your router since setting up your wifi on your BB? A combination of that and a battery pull or two has had mine working great since I got mine. (I was having trouble initially, too)
    06-07-10 05:02 PM
    yes, already done that. Tried almost everything also changed the security settings so there isn't a password on it. That didn't helped the problem either, I read that some routers are not compatible with the blackberry maybe that's the problem.

I also read something about ping testing my wifi connection, don't really know what that is.
    06-07-10 05:17 PM
    Do any of your friends have the same brend/ model router as you?

As for the ping test: menu -> manage connections -> wifi options -> menu -> wifi tools -> ping

In that window, the "ping to" field is blank. You can change that to a web address (I.e. google.com or an ip address, such as your router's) then hit menu -> ping. The ping test shows how long it takes info to get from your phone to the address and back. You can use this to see if your phone and router are "talking" properly if you ping the router's address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 05:33 PM
    Is it a dlink router? Heard some people having problems with a BB and dlink...I use a Linksys 2.4ghz G router and works great! Had to reset once for some reason, but since then, been flawless with all my wifi stuff...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 11:42 PM
    We just bought a Netgear N300 router and had some issues with our 9700's. I read a lot about downgrading the firmware, and doing all sorts of stuff in the router settings.

My buddy suggested changing the channel on the router. It was set to "auto", I put it on "1". The BB's now connect and stay connected. You have to go into your router settings to make the adjustment. Since yours is a different brand, I'm not exactly sure how it's done...but it's usually pretty simple.
    06-08-10 07:22 AM
    @hammerhand: Ok thanks for your input i've tried a ping test. And the first time it didn't worked I got the message: "There is a network error occurred. Check your WiFi connection"
    Turned wifi off and back on again and did a ping test again this is the result:

Ping statistics voor Google
    Send pings: 4, Recieved pings: 4, Min time: 187, max. time 292, Average: 237

My friends don't have the same router, so I can't check the settings they have.

@BoldtotheMax: I got a Linksys wrv200.

@Glenn J: I tried what you preferred, now I have my router on channel 1. Hopefully it will help me.

I'll post if I know more.
    06-08-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD