I have WiFi on my tour 9630. It's a complete accident and not sure it it can be duplicated. I was using a Storm2 and had configured it to use WiFi while in the office. I got tired of it so I backed up the whole unit using the desk top manager. I used the Storm2 configuration and restored it to my Tour. While at work I was configuring some content filtering on our internet firewall since we are trying to limit internet usage to business activities. I then decided to visit one of the blocked sites on my tour and I got an error HTTP Error 403: Forbidden. When I click details and I get the custom firewall message and splash page saying that you are not allowed to visit the site. When I go into the office firewall and turn off content filtering I get in to the restricted sites and when I turn it back on I get blocked. Thus my Blackberry browser is definitely getting internet from the office WiFi. My connection shows 1XEV with the mobile network being Verizon.

I'm looking for a way to remove this feature unless someone has run across this and knows how to turn on and off this WiFi?

One option is a complete wipe and start from scratch or maybe doing a restore and see if the wireless settings could be left out. I'm open to ideas.

Has anyone experience this or want to do their own test.

Thanks in advance
    05-24-10 04:59 PM
    LOL, Very funny thread...
    05-24-10 05:26 PM
    Hit your track pad 3 times really fast, then turn it to the left so the accelerometer switches views, then hit control alt delete........ done

There you have it
    05-24-10 05:28 PM
    I thought it was upupdowndownleftrightleftrigtbastart?
    05-24-10 05:45 PM
    You mean you guys don't know about the hidden WiFi? It's a little "easter egg" for Tour users with super mad hax0r skillz.
    05-25-10 03:06 AM
    Either you're just playing around or don't know.

If you don't know, then it's because you're on a BES setup so your internet goes through wherever your BES server is, which is probably behind the firewall.

If you do know and are just messing around, welcome to summer 2010, you're a bit late to the party.
    05-25-10 07:46 AM
    All Your WiFi Belong To Us
    05-25-10 09:09 AM
    I unlocked the WiFi on my Tour by calling Verizon and being like really super nice to them. They did it after some sweet talking. I think you should all try to do the same thing.
    05-25-10 09:45 AM
    I have WiFi on my tour 9630. It's a complete accident and not sure it it can be duplicated. I was using a Storm2 and had configured it to use WiFi while in the office. I got tired of it so I backed up the whole unit using the desk top manager. I used the Storm2 configuration and restored it to my Tour. While at work I was configuring some content filtering on our internet firewall since we are trying to limit internet usage to business activities. I then decided to visit one of the blocked sites on my tour and I got an error HTTP Error 403: Forbidden. When I click details and I get the custom firewall message and splash page saying that you are not allowed to visit the site. When I go into the office firewall and turn off content filtering I get in to the restricted sites and when I turn it back on I get blocked. Thus my Blackberry browser is definitely getting internet from the office WiFi. My connection shows 1XEV with the mobile network being Verizon.

I'm looking for a way to remove this feature unless someone has run across this and knows how to turn on and off this WiFi?

One option is a complete wipe and start from scratch or maybe doing a restore and see if the wireless settings could be left out. I'm open to ideas.

Has anyone experience this or want to do their own test.

Thanks in advance
    But why would you want to take it off?? I would keep it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 10:44 AM
    You mean you guys don't know about the hidden WiFi? It's a little "easter egg" for Tour users with super mad hax0r skillz.
    What?? Tell me how to do it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD