So att wifi is free if your a blackberry user. Think it is possible to connect to wifi on your blackberry and then tether to a laptop and use that wifi connection?

Thanks
    Zach
    06-09-09 09:39 AM
    So att wifi is free if your a blackberry user. Think it is possible to connect to wifi on your blackberry and then tether to a laptop and use that wifi connection?

Thanks
    Zach
    absolutely
    tethering just relays the feed
    06-09-09 12:10 PM
    Could you explain how one would accomplish this?
    06-09-09 02:24 PM
    They might be just looking for the RIM range of MAC addresses. Look under Options/Status for the WIFI MAC, then use macshift (not linked cuz I'm a noob; jfgi) to change your laptop's addy so the first few digits are the same. Then try connecting to an attwifi hotspot.

If that doesn't do the trick, then there's more analysis to be done. Thanks for the tip, I might play with this next time I'm near a hotspot!
    01-21-11 01:06 AM

Thanks
    Zach
    While it appears your question was answered.....why would you want to tether your laptop in the presence of a Wi-Fi signal? Just let your laptop connect directly to the signal.....that is of course if your laptop is Wi-Fi enabled.
    02-03-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD