Using the Xtreme Labs Speedtest, my Bold was getting maxDownload speeds of 4,300 Kbits/s with my old Linksys WRT54G router. Awesome right??

Well, I just installed a new D-Link router, and NOW my max speed is 850 Kbits/s.

Any thoughts fellow Crackberry constituents?
    07-25-10 09:03 AM
    Thanks for this post! I hope we can get that much speed from a new D-link router. Ours is getting on my nerves this passed few weeks. Too much lagging!
    07-25-10 09:38 AM
    Thanks for this post! I hope we can get that much speed from a new D-link router. Ours is getting on my nerves this passed few weeks. Too much lagging!
    I actually have no complaints with the router regarding my PC's on the network. It's just the speed on my Blackberry that's frustrating the h*ll out of me.
    07-25-10 09:57 AM
    What security method are you using?

There is speed loss in each of them, most notably WPA2/AES.

Also I found that if I set my router to 802.11N, the B/G devices had lower speeds. I have my N-routers all set to B/G Mixed.
    07-25-10 10:15 AM

Also I found that if I set my router to 802.11N, the B/G devices had lower speeds. I have my N-routers all set to B/G Mixed.
    I agree, it sounds like a router setting issue, not a BB issue.
    07-25-10 11:42 AM

I'm using Pre-Shared Key. I'll change the router over to B/G Mixed and see if that helps. Thanks!
    07-25-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD