Just curious, can someone tell me what download speed they get using their WIFI? With 3G I get about 60-120KB/Sec, depending on signal. When I connect with my WIFI, which is a 7 meg connection, shouldnt I download to my phone just as fast as my computer using the same WIFI connection? I get 700KB/Sec download speed on my computer, but alas my phone still only gets 60-120KB/Sec with WIFI turned on. I have tested this with the Verizon network turned off to know for sure I am using WIFI only. I am frustrated with this. Is there some kind of speed cap built in to throttle down the download speed? I also notice when downloading with 3G, it's a constant download, with WIFI it comes in blurps. I'll get up to 100KB/sec and then it will pause for a couple seconds then it is at 40KB/sec and slowly works it's way back up, and then rinse repeat. I dont think this is how it's supposed to be. Please tell me that your phones download with WIFI at blazing speed and I'll take my POS back to the shop. Thanks.
    12-01-09 11:47 AM
    I wish I could tell you that wifi is blazing, but I get much faster download speeds over 3G. I would get between 400-500kbs on 3G and 70-100kbs on wifi. It makes zero sense to me.
    12-01-09 11:48 AM
    with my wifi network (tested thru extreme labs app) i get about 3000k/b down and 1300k/b up. on the verizon network i get about 800k/b down and 300k/b up.

my home connection is using a 22/5 speed connected thru a dlink 655 n router.
    12-01-09 02:19 PM
    WIFI does not help much for general browsing, but for downloading apps, themes, podcasts, and streaming media (when it will work) WIFI is king.
    12-01-09 02:33 PM
    Dam I gotta look into this now. I have a wireless N router, my desktop is connected to it and i get 1.5 mbs for download. My storm's download on wifi is pathetic.
    12-01-09 02:43 PM
    Wifi: max down is 3176 k/b and average down is 2782 k/b......max up is 1332 k/b and average up is 1292
    VZW: max down and average are the same at 509 k/b.....max up is 99 k/b and average is 27 k/b
    Btw running on comcast cable internet connection with a linksys router

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 02:45 PM
    I believe I read the device processor is whats limits the download/upload speed while utilizing wifi. I'll see if I can drudge up a link to that thread.
    12-01-09 02:53 PM
    WIFI does not help much for general browsing, but for downloading apps, themes, podcasts, and streaming media (when it will work) WIFI is king.
    I have noticed this also. I can't wait for the webkit browser. Anything would be better than this pathetic excuse for a browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD